Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

Beer52 definitely takes the title of the most clingiest ex ever-  I have been receiving regular emails from them after ending my subscription however they have just offered me a free case of beer with paid delivery.   Be rude to say no.  

Just want to say, I enjoy this thread even though I’m not going to fill it with brews y’all will never see.

Sitting alone on a day so beautiful you couldn’t dial it up...with some geeky new things to try.... I am actually waiting for the Mrs to finish a doctors appointment :)

Life is beautiful. BTW if you’re on Untappd I am not hard to find.  Cheers!

3D4CE819-85CA-4DEC-B93B-F78D823F0A93.jpeg.5d1943ca5a2c53ada9ffe66d99622b78.jpeg

I’ve said it before but anyone in to UK craft beer and lives near enough to Ashby needs to visit Brew. The place is absolute class often have Pomona Island, Vault City, Verdant, Pollys etc on draft and a serious can selection. Was in there earlier and they were even giving out free crisps. 

Finally got myself back to god's own city on Sat for a few pints with Scouse, formerly of this parish. The Banker's Cat is great, better than the Colmore in Brum for my money, feels more like a boozer. Still a fan of the Birmingham effort though.

The amount of folk deciding not to go into gaffs for the sake of downloading a QR code reader was mad though.

On 25/09/2020 at 19:02, Unabomber said:

I’ve said it before but anyone in to UK craft beer and lives near enough to Ashby needs to visit Brew. The place is absolute class often have Pomona Island, Vault City, Verdant, Pollys etc on draft and a serious can selection. Was in there earlier and they were even giving out free crisps. 

Not a million miles from me as the crow flies, but buses look to take disappointingly long. Me and some mates had the idea of watching Leicester TV games in different towns across Leicestershire this season, as we can't actually go to games, so might consider a day sesh there if we can work it out. Anywhere else worth visiting there?

42 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Not a million miles from me as the crow flies, but buses look to take disappointingly long. Me and some mates had the idea of watching Leicester TV games in different towns across Leicestershire this season, as we can't actually go to games, so might consider a day sesh there if we can work it out. Anywhere else worth visiting there?

Yeah mate there is another decent beer pub called the tap at 76 which do decent keg beers (not as good as Brew imo but depends what you like) they also have a good local cask selection. It is tollgate brewery if you know it. There are a few other standard local pubs n a spoons. Then there is the white hart which is good for the football and any sport really. Also a great but small boyb Indian called Little India which is opposite the pubs. I think it was you who mentioned getting beers from the tap house brewery during lockdown? That place is about a 20 min walk from town or a quick taxi. All the other pubs I mentioned are on the same main street.

Also you’ll prob see me and my dog Nigel down there so another plus for ya. 

Edited by Unabomber

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah mate there is another decent beer pub called the tap at 76 which do decent keg beers (not as good as Brew imo but depends what you like) they also have a good local cask selection. It is tollgate brewery if you know it. There are a few other standard local pubs n a spoons. Then there is the white hart which is good for the football and any sport really. Also a great but small boyb Indian called Little India which is opposite the pubs. I think it was you who mentioned getting beers from the tap house brewery during lockdown? That place is about a 20 min walk from town or a quick taxi. All the other pubs I mentioned are on the same main street.

Also you’ll prob see me and my dog Nigel down there so another plus for ya. 

Yeah that was me. Fair play man sounds a good town for a beer, and Nigel sounds a solid mutt.