Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

Having a month off the booze as a bit of a reset so I won’t be able to add much to this thread but I’m letting my imagination run wild with some of the shouts in here. Big list of ones to try at Christmas for me I think. 

Ive been drinking Heineken 0% and it’s actually quite nice. I was a bit shocked because it doesn’t taste like Heineken but tastes like another beer I can’t put my finger on. Better than Becks blue **** me. 

On 23/10/2020 at 20:32, Voll Blau said:

Had a Greene King IPA Reserve earlier which was actually miles nicer than I expected. On the Old Crafty Hen now.

Got a Beers Of Europe order in earlier because I wanted some Greek and Ukrainian beers for our Euro "aways". Wanted free delivery so got a load of new'uns from all over the place to meet the £60 threshold. Might be spamming this thread in the coming weeks.

Nice idea, I might do the same. Might also smash my old man over the head with a folding chair for some European away day verisimilitude. 

• Haha 1

Rang up to cancel my beer52 subscription as I've got  the brewdog advent calender coming soon and already got quite a bit of beer in. They offered to freeze my subscription for 3 months and then my next crate will only be 19 quid for 12 beers which I can't complain about! 

20 hours ago, Ian W LCFC said:

Rang up to cancel my beer52 subscription as I've got  the brewdog advent calender coming soon and already got quite a bit of beer in. They offered to freeze my subscription for 3 months and then my next crate will only be 19 quid for 12 beers which I can't complain about! 

Beer52 are excellent to haggle with. I got a few free boxes over lockdown under different email addresses and credit cards, i found it time consuming to cancel the first two boxes as they really push and push you before finally agreeing to cancel. However on the third box i haggled with them, i eventually got to 12 beers for £14. If you make use of the subscription and don't want to cancel, by no means pay full price, ring them every month, threaten to cancel, and drive the price down. The beers must cost them about 10p each, so they'll be willing to drop the price for you.

• Like 1

Did the Greek beers I mentioned last night. Fix Dark was a pretty standard dark lager, the kind of thing you drink for a change on holiday if you're sick of drinking the local lighter beers all week.

Also tried Alfa and Mythos lager, probably preferred the former out of the two. Would've made for a good session beer in the sun in Athens yesterday if Covid wasn't still a thing. :(

• Sad 1

On 25/10/2020 at 15:11, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah they are outstanding to be fair.

So my delivery arrived on Wednesday, and then it has arrived again today (apart from one bottle being different). Checked my bank and the money hasn’t gone out twice. I now have a fridge full of sours. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

So my delivery arrived on Wednesday, and then it has arrived again today (apart from one bottle being different). Checked my bank and the money hasn’t gone out twice. I now have a fridge full of sours. 

Hahahaha what. Lucky bugger. Did you get 2 emails or anything?

Mine has arrived as well but saving for my holiday. I actually think I got a different bottle to what I ordered in mine as well thinking about it.

Edited by Costock_Fox

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Hahahaha what. Lucky bugger. Did you get 2 emails or anything?

Mine has arrived as well but saving for my holiday. 

No just placed my order on Sunday got the usual email and then delivery updates etc then it arrived on Wednesday. Then today got a DHL email saying your parcel will be there today and I assumed it was for some kegs that I ordered last night. Then the vault city box turns up, same order number on the box as my other one. Really weird, same number of beers but with another 1 change. 

Just now, Unabomber said:

No just placed my order on Sunday got the usual email and then delivery updates etc then it arrived on Wednesday. Then today got a DHL email saying your parcel will be there today and I assumed it was for some kegs that I ordered last night. Then the vault city box turns up, same order number on the box as my other one. Really weird, same number of beers but with another 1 change. 

Ah, no second DHL email for me so looks like I wasn’t as lucky.

Been out for lunch in town, thought We thought we would nip to The Parcel Yard only to find it boarded up. 

Going to have to source another pre-match watering hole/feeding station now :nono:

Really convenient for a taxi 15 minutes before kick off. 

14 minutes ago, Livid said:

Been out for lunch in town, thought We thought we would nip to The Parcel Yard only to find it boarded up. 

Going to have to source another pre-match watering hole/feeding station now :nono:

Can’t imagine you are happy.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Livid said:

I don't think it's permanently closed?

Word on the grapevine Notts way is that Castle Rock are really struggling; they've a handful of genuinely superb gaffs in the city centre and more beyond that, hope they all make it.

Had a bit of a trip down the Rhein last night. Started out with a couole of Altbiers - Königshof, from Krefeld, and Schlösser, from Düsseldorf. Do like a good Alt as it's the closest thing taste-wise you get to a good real ale over there.

Then it was down to Köln for a Reissdorf Kölsch before finishing off in, er, North Wales with a Purple Moose Mwsh Kölsch - and what a way to round off. Everything that brewery does impresses me. Makes me want to learn Welsh, piss off to a little cottage in the middle of Snowdonia and just forget about the whole sorry state of things at the moment.

• Like 1

Had a few great beers last night:

Verdant - Track and Field, seriously good this.

Vault City - Had the rhubarb and ginger and cherry skies, both pretty much faultless.

Amunsden - Dessert in a can pistachio cookie dough ice cream, these are great but man sweet and rich as ****. 

20 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Had a few great beers last night:

Verdant - Track and Field, seriously good this.

Vault City - Had the rhubarb and ginger and cherry skies, both pretty much faultless.

Amunsden - Dessert in a can pistachio cookie dough ice cream, these are great but man sweet and rich as ****. 

I really need that pistachio DIAC. Where did you get it from?