Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

Few ABKs, Gamna Rays and a pale ale from the Nene Valley brewery at the Freemasons Arms in Harborough, followed by a Braybrooke Kellerbier at the Beerhouse.

Great bottle selection down the 'masons too but you'd feel a plank drinking bottles at the pub when all you've done for the past year at home is drink them, wouldn't you?

Edited by Voll Blau

17 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Been making my way through the VC sours tonight. The Marshmallow smoothie one is mad. 11.5% and tastes like pop.

The Key Lime Pie was good as well, couldn’t taste the Pear Drops one.

Hiccup

Lovely weather to start off your holiday ^_^

Just want the indoors of pubs to open now, proper annoying sitting outside once it gets cold and even more annoying having to wait ages to get served whilst sat at your table in a huge beer garden, at least indoors it's easier to get their attention. Been out twice and sat outside but don't think I'll be bothering again until after the next lot of restrictions are loosened.

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Lovely weather to start off your holiday ^_^

Just want the indoors of pubs to open now, proper annoying sitting outside once it gets cold and even more annoying having to wait ages to get served whilst sat at your table in a huge beer garden, at least indoors it's easier to get their attention. Been out twice and sat outside but don't think I'll be bothering again until after the next lot of restrictions are loosened.

Absolutely belting down here. Good job I stocked up on decent booze.

I went to King Richard 3rd on Saturday and had to eat my dinner in the rain, was grim.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Been making my way through the VC sours tonight. The Marshmallow smoothie one is mad. 11.5% and tastes like pop.

Hiccup

Nice I had a couple tonight the pies in the skies and pear drop session. Both great also ordered their new DDH hard lemonade I’ve heard it’s their best one yet.

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Nice I had a couple tonight the pies in the skies and pear drop session. Both great also ordered their new DDH hard lemonade I’ve heard it’s their best one yet.

Ah nice, I’ve got one of them in the fridge. Shame each order is about 100 quid a pop but it’s probably for the best.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Ah nice, I’ve got one of them in the fridge. Shame each order is about 100 quid a pop but it’s probably for the best.

I ordered from the fuss club tonight, it’s cheaper than VC direct and you can mix it up with other breweries. Let me know if you ever want to order from them as I will give you a referral link.

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Absolutely belting down here. Good job I stocked up on decent booze.

I went to King Richard 3rd on Saturday and had to eat my dinner in the rain, was grim.

The Pickled Mushroom? Booked to go this coming Saturday and the weather forecast looks absolutely lovely 

21 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I ordered from the fuss club tonight, it’s cheaper than VC direct and you can mix it up with other breweries. Let me know if you ever want to order from them as I will give you a referral link.

Just drinking that Hard Lemonade VC. It’s nice but it’s similar to the Omnipollo one in Tesco, preferred a few of their others.

Had a couple of pints of Tribute down in Cornwall, lovely stuff.

24 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Just drinking that Hard Lemonade VC. It’s nice but it’s similar to the Omnipollo one in Tesco, preferred a few of their others.

Had a couple of pints of Tribute down in Cornwall, lovely stuff.

Ahh I didn’t really like that Omnipollo! Look forward to trying the VC anyway.

On 03/05/2021 at 21:25, Costock_Fox said:

Hiccup

I ordered a batch around same time as you.    Had Double Pies in Skies and Lemon/Blueberry Drizzle so far.   I didn't really like Pie in Skies- liked the fruits but the pastry aftertaste was off putting.   Liked Lemon one but man my teeth were absolutely buzzing with sugar afterwards!

My locals in Bristol are quite average and still extremely strict on covid rules. Which I agree with by the way, but in a friendly and controlled manner rather than just being shouted at by an angry landlord which seems to be the rage round my 2-3 local pubs lol

However, have popped into town 5-6 times over the past few weeks and been far more relaxed and enjoyable. Bristol is very good for microbreweries and local IPA’s. Been to two popular locations: king street brew house and the Left Handed Giant Co. didn’t take any photos so attached some photos from their social media! Both produce their own booze on site + Lovely in the sun, can’t really get involved in the Leicester last pint as haven’t been up in ages due to covid - so here’s my contribution. If anyone remotely cares lol

53C1FF44-2336-4007-87A4-FB8CBD449341.jpeg

BE0E2E94-969A-43E1-BCAF-9082DB19F8F0.jpeg

D6EB19B5-5FEF-4B5E-BADB-CFAA5B763A55.jpeg

C829D2A2-97EF-4663-B6D4-1BA8DD761842.jpeg

• Like 2

On 06/05/2021 at 08:14, The Blur said:

I ordered a batch around same time as you.    Had Double Pies in Skies and Lemon/Blueberry Drizzle so far.   I didn't really like Pie in Skies- liked the fruits but the pastry aftertaste was off putting.   Liked Lemon one but man my teeth were absolutely buzzing with sugar afterwards!

Just drinking the lemon drizzle now. Insanely good

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Unabomber said:

They look class would love to go to the left handed giant brewpub. Arbor Ales brew some great beer down there too.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

King Street would be superb at the moment. Wild Beer at Wapping Wharf too

King street is brilliant in the sun. In fact, Bristol on the whole is. Got the harbour, Clifton area for nice wine bars, king street just to name a few. Was down wapping wharf a few weekends ago on bank hol weekend and the atmosphere down there was fantastic. 

2 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

King street is brilliant in the sun. In fact, Bristol on the whole is. Got the harbour, Clifton area for nice wine bars, king street just to name a few. Was down wapping wharf a few weekends ago on bank hol weekend and the atmosphere down there was fantastic. 

Yeah walk through Wapping Wharf every day. If I was young, free and single it's definitely where I'd be getting myself a flat. Love LHG Brew pub, but haven't managed to get down post this lockdown yet. Going old school and to the Hope & Anchor tomorrow. Haven't been there for years, but apparently has a bit of a Belgian beer focus these days. Great gardens. 

• Like 1

This 18 pint box of cider is turning into an ordeal. No pint glasses in the cottage I’m staying in so I’m drinking it in tumblers which are probably about 1/3. 

Thought it would be gone in a couple of days but here we are on night 5. 

I bought three of these when a local tavern closed after a brilliant run, and the proprietor sold off the booze.

Hardys.jpg.6cccddb3fa31cb9c0025b054f1be05fc.jpg

Drank the first on May 7, 2016.

The second is stood up and ready to toast another trophy lift Saturday.  (not counting any chickens, just being prepared)

The third one, I don’t even know.  Champions League final?  I could handle another five year wait  :ph34r:

2 hours ago, KingsX said:

I bought three of these when a local tavern closed after a brilliant run, and the proprietor sold off the booze.

Hardys.jpg.6cccddb3fa31cb9c0025b054f1be05fc.jpg

Drank the first on May 7, 2016.

The second is stood up and ready to toast another trophy lift Saturday.  (not counting any chickens, just being prepared)

The third one, I don’t even know.  Champions League final?  I could handle another five year wait  :ph34r:

Mrs Para has one of these from 1979. Apparently worth a few quid as a vintage brew. Wait 5 years and you never know.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294159506910?hash=item447d45ddde:g:yo8AAOSwE3tgkZ70

• Like 1