Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

10 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

So you just won't admit it. Okay then,.

admit what? that Diabate was superb vs Peterborough? he was, but that was Peterborough he us yet to do anything of note in the premier league.

team vs Everton

Schmeichel, Simpson, Morgan, Maguire, Fuchs, Gray, NDidi, Iborra, Chilwell (Alkbrighton 83), Mahrez (Okazaki 75), Vardy (Iheanacho 90)

Gray was man of the match, our next league game was away at Swansea, he was dropped, Albrighton played right wing with Chilwell left wing still, that's hardly giving him a chance or even rewarding a good performance

Ultimately it's not him who will have any say in signings imo, we've been shockingly shite in the transfer market for quite some time now, people are saying he needs a transfer window, e.t.c, it's irrelevent imo because he'll have no say/even if he did, the powers that be will fail him like they've failed for the last couple of years, I have criticised him for alot but it's one thing i'm fairly confident I won't blame him for.

Do I trust him either way regardless of any input on transfers? No I don't think I do, he's got some good tools (Players) here and he's failing to use them effectively, he's also got some god awful tools (Players) which he's having to make the best of.

It's a massive job this summer, we're gonna lose most of our quality players (Ironically failing to build/stengthen could be blamed as a factor towards that), we need to get rid of alot of deadwood, we need to replace with quality.

I'm worried.

Edited by Matt

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Ultimately it's not him who will have any say in signings imo, we've been shockingly shite in the transfer market for quite some time now, people are saying he needs a transfer window, e.t.c, it's irrelevent imo because he'll have no say/even if he did the powers that be will fail him like they've failed for the last couple of years, I have criticised him for alot but it's one thing i'm fairly confident I won't blame him for.

Do I trust him either way regardless of any input on transfers? No I don't think I do, he's got some good tools (Players) here and he's failing to use them effectively, he's also got some god awful tools (Players) which he's having to make the best of.

It's a massive job this summer, we're gonna lose most of our quality players (Ironically failing to build/stengthen could be blamed as a factor towards that), we need to get rid of alot of deadwood, we need to replace with quality.

I'm worried.

the manager does have a say, Pearson and Ranieri certainly did, Puel also got the club to look into Diabate, he won't have total control and nor should he, clubs need a long term strategy

I'm surprised that people are quite unimpressed with Puel.

Sometimes the first season doesn't go well as some expect, and it may be next season that things under him will be more stronger.

I believe it took Sir Alex Ferguson, for example, a season or so at the club's he managed to continually assess things before deciding what needs doing where etc that led to his great success.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

9 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

He’s no better than Shakey, who was poor. Agree he’ll be gone early next season.

I'm sorry he's a vast improvement on Shakespeare. We wouldnt be 8th with cs we'd be in the bottom 6. I don't really know what more he could of done in the short space of time being here. Yes I would of loved us to get through against Chelsea and if it wasn’t for kaspers error I think we would of. He’s signed 1 player so far and trying for us to keep possession more. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

It was also failing miserably since that biggest success, as all people had to do was sit back.

Only because we adopted a hybrid system where we played a higher line, rather than defend deep ourselves invite the opposition into our half & then counter

Chelsea defended deep last night, Vardy barely got a touch, Mahrez was playing in front of them & we had absolutely nothing, other than harmless possession

It's been 2 months since we scored more than 1 goal at home, it's absolutely shocking how lethargic one of the hardest working squads in the country has become in just a few short months

Edited by cc_star

4 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I'm sorry he's a vast improvement on Shakespeare. We wouldnt be 8th with cs we'd be in the bottom 6. I don't really know what more he could of done in the short space of time being here. Yes I would of loved us to get through against Chelsea and if it wasn’t for kaspers error I think we would of. He’s signed 1 player so far and trying for us to keep possession more. 

I saw a post earlier, not sure who it was but they said something along the lines of ‘he’s no better than Shakespeare and it’s just as boring.’

Now I can’t accept ‘He's no better than Shakespeare’ I simply can’t, it’s wrong and I don’t believe anyone really believes that.

As for being as boring/playing as boring or being as negative as, he is. That is my problem.

Edited by Matt

We need an outlet at full back on both sides. Chilwell and Fuchs can do that on the left but Simpson is so compromised on the right. You can almost see the player go to pass to him and hesitate as they know any move is going to break down or stagnate with him. It’s not his fault. We had a marauding right back in RDL but ranieri realised that we needed a tighter back 4 with the way he wanted to play. Puel wants to play more possesssion and open up space wide for the full backs with Riyad coming in off the right and whoever coming in off the left. (That Can’t be Diabate as he is too left footed). 

So I expect to see the last part of the season with the albrighton at right back experiment and Iborra/ndidi both holding. probably means chilwell will retain left back slot as he is more athletic than Fuchs.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

We need an outlet at full back on both sides. Chilwell and Fuchs can do that on the left but Simpson is so compromised on the right. You can almost see the player go to pass to him and hesitate as they know any move is going to break down or stagnate with him. It’s not his fault. We had a marauding right back in RDL but ranieri realised that we needed a tighter back 4 with the way he wanted to play. Puel wants to play more possesssion and open up space wide for the full backs with Riyad coming in off the right and whoever coming in off the left. (That Can’t be Diabate as he is too left footed). 

So I expect to see the last part of the season with the albrighton at right back experiment and Iborra/ndidi both holding. probably means chilwell will retain left back slot as he is more athletic than Fuchs.

WAT?

He's criminally bad, why he's playing every week is beyond me, even if we now have 8 friendlies between now & May

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

admit what? that Diabate was superb vs Peterborough? he was, but that was Peterborough he us yet to do anything of note in the premier league.

team vs Everton

Schmeichel, Simpson, Morgan, Maguire, Fuchs, Gray, NDidi, Iborra, Chilwell (Alkbrighton 83), Mahrez (Okazaki 75), Vardy (Iheanacho 90)

Gray was man of the match, our next league game was away at Swansea, he was dropped, Albrighton played right wing with Chilwell left wing still, that's hardly giving him a chance or even rewarding a good performance

Wrong. Our next match was away at Stoke, grey started and played well, and went on to start in 8 of the first ten league games under Puel (didn't play at home to Spurs or away to Southampton). He had a good run of games to show what he could do, started well then rested on his laurels and has done what he's done for most of the last two years, flattered to deceive.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cc_star said:

WAT?

He's criminally bad, why he's playing every week is beyond me, even if we now have 8 friendlies between now & May

I’m not arguing that but he provides a willing and more athletic outlet than Simpson and puel clearly sees him as a better bet than Fuchs. Puel needs to convince himself that he is going to bring someone in ahead of him in the summer. Puel perhaps sees that there is enough to work with.  

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Wrong. Our next match was away at Stoke, grey started and played well, and went on to start in 8 of the first ten league games under Puel (didn't play at home to Spurs or away to Southampton). He had a good run of games to show what he could do, started well then rested on his laurels and has done what he's done for most of the last two years, flattered to deceive.

I was looking at the BBC results page but fair enough

18 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Shakespeare Record

P.    W. D. L.   %

11 6 9 42.3

Puel Record

P.   W. D. L.    %

27 11 9 7 40.7

No better record against mostly worse sides.

Edited by Sharpe's Fox

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

I saw a post earlier, not sure who it was but they said something along the lines of ‘he’s no better than Shakespeare and it’s just as boring.’

Now I can’t accept ‘He's no better than Shakespeare’ I simply can’t, it’s wrong and I don’t believe anyone really believes that.

As for being as boring/playing as boring or being as negative as, he is. That is my problem.

I don't think the side with him in charge is boring and negative. I'll admit his interviews are difficult to watch but I don't really care what he says as long as were winning. We do create alot of chances even in games we haven't played well in (stoke at home and everton away). 

8 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Shakespeare Record

P.    W. D. L.   %

11 6 9 42.3

Puel Record

P.   W. D. L.    %

27 11 9 7 40.7

Shakey’s record has the post Ranieri period where the players were performing for their professional pride. Let’s see how puel does in the remainder of the season where he really has to motivate them. 

4 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Shakespeare Record

P.    W. D. L.   %

11 6 9 42.3

Puel Record

P.   W. D. L.    %

27 11 9 7 40.7

You say mostly worse sides but if we'd of had Shakespeare in charge we would not of beaten spurs or got a point at Chelsea (which we should of won). Also we wouldnt have scored 4 goals at wba and southampton. Don't forget also Shakespeare was quite happy getting draws at high flying bournemouth and Huddersfield. I really don't think there's an argument of whose better it is clearly puel. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Shakespeare Record

P.    W. D. L.   %

11 6 9 42.3

Puel Record

P.   W. D. L.    %

27 11 9 7 40.7

Think it’s safe to say they’re both shite! 

The owners have balls, so if things don’t improve in the last part of the season, I think they’ll act in the summer. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Shakey’s record has the post Ranieri period where the players were performing for their professional pride. Let’s see how puel does in the remainder of the season where he really has to motivate them. 

That's quite selective, you could say Puel's record has the post-Shakey period where the players were performing for their professional pride after flirting with relegation zone

Since the turn of the year, we've generally played weaker sides - and tbh we've been severely lacking on the motivation side and rarely get going every single week until 65mins+ when we're chasing the game

9 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

You say mostly worse sides but if we'd of had Shakespeare in charge we would not of beaten spurs or got a point at Chelsea (which we should of won). Also we wouldnt have scored 4 goals at wba and southampton. Don't forget also Shakespeare was quite happy getting draws at high flying bournemouth and Huddersfield. I really don't think there's an argument of whose better it is clearly puel. 

While Puel was quite happy getting draws against Stoke, West Ham, Fleetwood, Swansea, Stoke (Again) and Bournemouth, 3 of which were at home.

Listen i'm not really bothered about who is worse or who is better, I'm not sticking up for Shakespeare, but I think it's fair to say neither are that fantastic.

Edited by Matt

3 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

It's over for gray Imo.  . i thought he was going to kick on and become great... but he gives the impression of not being prepared to work at it.  If he put as much effort into addressing his shortcomings as he does to moaning about being held back he could be brill.  He has held himself back.

It is not too late

Gray

Hes not done himself any favours in not making those high Ochtane performances,or

showing some clarity,in opening Up the oppo.

But he can and will improve, He needs to be Guided,and then Show more of that Potential 

he has been Promising. ITS still too early to give Up in him.

For any discussion on Puel,too early , negatives have at present no real Base.

Individual negative opinions showing disdain,says more about The Poster,than

the present tenure,of the Manager.

Hes finding Out about His Squad, and Not over just 1-4 Games.Hes tried variants,with youth,

the old guard,and the quite fresh buys.We are Safe,its more Important to get himself happy

and  on track to reach his goals,with his ideas,and  fit for purpose,

than think about what some fans,might think and dither on about.If

WE get 7-8th great,but ITS more Important to Set up a decent Base and Platform,

assatain needs, then hopefully give us,longer periods of sustainability,in chasing

those covetted, top 6 positions.

This short term negative none  concept moaning and whinning  Serves nothing. 

Puel/Appleton/plancque,are Just at the beginning of their tenure,the Journey has a

while to Go,and deserves the simple respect of Space,time and Patience.

Nobody knows how Things will develope,so trying to prove this or that selection,would

of been better,IMO is total waste of Space.

Using the FA-cup result,to let Out ones own Frustrations on Puel.  ,Sorry but laughable!!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2