Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

Heard that he has looked at the potential - but seems quite likely to be now - new training ground site at the old Park Hill Golf Club location recently.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

5 hours ago, splinterdream said:

I think Puel is trying to do something more than just winning games, he's trying to make us a more desirable club to play for.

Exactly. Our best chance of progression IMO is to be appealing to young players that want to play and not getting a game at other clubs. Think of some of the players Chelsea let go as they couldn't get in the side. Salah, De Bruyne, Lukaku etc. With the money in the game and the pressure on managers to bring instant results that's unlikely to change and there will be a few gems we need to look appealing to.  Having a reputation for giving young players a chance is a great thing to have.

• Like 2

The problem we have is being clinical.

Releaisticly we 2 players that are likely to score 1 of them will leave in the summer mahrez. 

We can't score from corners anymore and rarely we get the odd goal from a free kick.

Huge investment is needed maybe a :

GK back up worthy to put pressure on KS

RB to challenge Simpson 

LB I think chillwe'll will be amazing just not yet

A out and out CAM ; try to get odegArd  on loan from real Madrid 

A replacement for mahrez : maybe Thorgan hazard 

And I think we should try and get a striker aswel not sure who I'm thinking Danny ings but fitness is a worry

9 hours ago, splinterdream said:

I think Puel is trying to do something more than just winning games, he's trying to make us a more desirable club to play for.

Desirability doesn't have a huge factor to be honest, maybe this new training ground will help but fact is London clubs and Manchester Clubs have a far greater appeal.

If we get into Europe and expand our stadium that would help as well.

35 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

I'd prefer it if he actually focused on winning games. 8 wins in 21 PL games is pretty poor.

I mean outside the top 6, most clubs will only get <12 wins in 38, so it's not that bad.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beechey said:

I mean outside the top 6, most clubs will only get <12 wins in 38, so it's not that bad.

Apart from Bournemouth, we've got the fewest wins in the top 10, and we're tied with Burnley for most draws as well. I suppose it's fine, and obviously things could be a lot worse, but I find Puel such an uninspiring figure and I genuinely enjoy watching our club less than I did.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, indierich06 said:

Apart from Bournemouth, we've got the fewest wins in the top 10, and we're tied with Burnley for most draws as well. I suppose it's fine, and obviously things could be a lot worse, but I find Puel such an uninspiring figure and I genuinely enjoy watching our club less than I did.

We also have a game in hand over both Everton and Bournemouth (a win will put us equal with them both Everton and Burnley on wins). You enjoy our club less now than when? I certainly enjoy it less than 2015/16, for example.

Edited by Beechey

8 hours ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

The problem we have is being clinical.

Releaisticly we 2 players that are likely to score 1 of them will leave in the summer mahrez. 

We can't score from corners anymore and rarely we get the odd goal from a free kick.

RB to challenge Simpson 

A out and out CAM ; try to get odegArd  on loan from real Madrid 

A replacement for mahrez : maybe Thorgan hazard 

And I think we should try and get a striker aswel not sure who I'm thinking Danny ings but fitness is a worry

we have a fan base that's obsessed with 442 meaning 2 defensively minded CMs, we insist on picking the left winger based on how he defends rather than how many assists he gets, being clinical isn't the problem its creating the chances to begin with

• Like 3

6 hours ago, indierich06 said:

I'd prefer it if he actually focused on winning games. 8 wins in 21 PL games is pretty poor.

I was hugely disappointed after 15/16 when we couldn't attract top end players, I thought we'd broken into the top 6, possibly top 4 but it couldn't have been further from the truth. It was quite depressing when you have pundits saying our win was a freak and will never happen again. As a football fan you have to have faith, faith that we'll win the league, win the cup, be a top 4/6 club, without the faith it's not the same. It's quite clear our club has a problem attracting top players due to location, stadium, facilities, wages, reputation, style of play. I'm happy that owners/manager are trying to change those things to bring us a chance of those things i mentioned, Puel is trying to change our style of play, he's trying to give our young players a chance, what do you think he should be doing? Carry on playing on the counter with all players from 15/16? It couldn't continue, something had to change, our performances were bound to dip as a result

• Like 1

We lost all direction after winning the league. There were good players available and we didn't sign them. Timo Werner went to newly promoted Leipzig that summer for £8.5mil. Exactly the kind of player we should've been in for, and beforehand, quite plausibly would've been.

Edited by Dan LCFC

54 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

We lost all direction after winning the league. There were good players available and we didn't sign them. Timo Werner went to newly promoted Leipzig that summer for £8.5mil. Exactly the kind of player we should've been in for, and beforehand, quite plausibly would've been.

Werner is a main train station/son of a whore though 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

RB to challenge Simpson 

People keep saying this about Chilwell, but where is the evidence? It isn't like he really attacks either, he just presses forward until challenged then passes it off. We need goal scorers at both LB and RB. We need to bring in one of each, and let Chilwell and Amartey battle for the spots.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/03/2018 at 05:44, vanity said:

People keep saying this about Chilwell, but where is the evidence? It isn't like he really attacks either, he just presses forward until challenged then passes it off. We need goal scorers at both LB and RB. We need to bring in one of each, and let Chilwell and Amartey battle for the spots.

Goal scorers at left back and right back? Right then who would these goal scorers be? 

19 minutes ago, Kp1984 said:

Just had Puel in my bar in showcase cinema Leicester with the mrs ?served him a capachino and the mrs an exspresso 

Bet he went to watch an extended black and white cut of 2001: A Space Odyssey. He wouldn’t want anything too exciting.

Edited by Sharpe's Fox
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kp1984 said:

Just had Puel in my bar in showcase cinema Leicester with the mrs ?served him a capachino and the mrs an exspresso 

“An exspresso”? Did he split up with her? lol

He's not done a bad job..& I'm greatful for where we are....but....he just doesn't inspire me...he has no character... I have to turn the radio off as he's just...well...queit & reppetative.                  I suppose we've been used to characters over the year's..I would imagine on a match day the inspiration in the dressing room comes from our senior players still...ah well you can't have it all....Up the City....!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Wizard said:

He's not done a bad job..& I'm greatful for where we are....but....he just doesn't inspire me...he has no character... I have to turn the radio off as he's just...well...queit & reppetative.                  I suppose we've been used to characters over the year's..I would imagine on a match day the inspiration in the dressing room comes from our senior players still...ah well you can't have it all....Up the City....!

Would you prefer a Holloway and be stuck on 23 points?

• Like 1