Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

1 hour ago, bpfox said:

will wait to see what he signs in the summer, and what he clears out. but the bloke worries me with his faith in 3-4 players which most on here see also as crap players yet he continues to pick them ahead of others who get very little or no time at all. he is either stupid or pig headed.

Chilwell and Simpson for starters.

After every game puel talks of desire and quality.  We are enjoying posession... but we are creating so few goal chances... and goals.  Chilwell enjoys a lot of ball... but there is no end product.   

Puel needs to sort this.  We need players running thru into the box. Diabate sometimes does it.   There is littke poibtbin ctossinf from wide. I want to see a change in how we break teams down and convert posession to goals. 

Progress please 

Edited by foxinsocks

5 hours ago, inckley fox said:

We were the home side, Chelsea had played mid-week (and overseas) and were not at their best. They're a few places above us, nothing more. On top of that, we were Champions the season before last when they finished mid-table. It's not unrealistic or unreasonable to ask questions when we lose a critical game like this one.

I think it's okay for people to worry that we didn't get a shot on target in the first half of a home game, and not for the first time. And everyone I spoke to, and every single pundit as far as I'm aware, was saying at half-time that Iheanacho needed removing, and yet it took Puel a further 20 minutes to make the move. As a one-off question mark, you could debate it or gloss over it, but when there's a 20-30 minute delay in his proactive decision-making every single game, and so often to our detriment, it's hard to shrug off. It's reasonable to wonder why, over time, our manager has waited so long, and conceded the initiative in so many games, before reshuffling his pack.

It was our game to take the initiative in today, but it was Chelsea who played their cards, Chelsea who took the initiative and us who responded to it afterwards, when it was all too late. I respect what Puel's done and, as it stands, I'd like to see him remodel our side, but you don't even need the power of hindsight to see how questionable his match-day management is.

And that season they finished midtable was an aberration by their standards, they've been consistently top four/five for 15 years around that. They might not be at their best, but they're still better than us. It was going to be a tough game, we gave a good account of ourselves and could easily have won - but we didn't take our chances, they took the couple they got. You're acting like we got spanked by fleetwood.

We did have at least one shot on target first half, caballero made a great save from Ndidi. Iheanacho was doing fine until the bad pass which they countered from, shit happens.

Chelsea didn't take the initiative though, they just took the lead off the break with their only real chance of the half.

complaining about yesterday like it was a disgrace rather than a even and well fought game where we just came up short... Fans like you didn't deserve the title win.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dayday said:

My only criticism of Puel was when Chelsea bought Cahill on, that’s when Gray or Diabate should of come on, and put Albrighton right back

For me Chelsea had settled for pens, they never looked like scoring, that was our big chance to finish them off.

Out or interest why then? He came on to replace an injured centre back?

The club clearly need to sit down with Puel and sort a strategy out because without Mahrez and Vardy, or even both next season, this current squad could well be in trouble. It's not rocket science to see that we are only marginally better than the stragglers in this League.

We need to stop this replace culture after every bad game. Chelsea are still a top side. If it was a league game we would be rejoicing a point well earned. Give the guy a summer and get players in capable of the philosophy change. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DrezZone said:

Name someone better who can replace him that'll actually want to come to Leicester. 

I dare you.

Fans need to wake up and realize that most of the players here don't suit his style. There will be a big summer clearout this year. Puel will bring in players that can actually pass and stuff.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Regardless of his 'style' he should adapt it to suit the players he has. You play to your strengths, not force a different way of playing on a successful team.

Our whole agenda and ethos since we arrived in the prem has been fast and penetrative counter attacking football, under Puel we keep killing off our attacks and allowing the opposition to get back. I can count 6 or more times yesterday where we had overloaded their defence and then chose to stop the ball and 'keep possession' then there was no final ball to play because the space had gone. So frustrsting, you could hear the growns from the crowd everytime it happened too. Typical example is the throw at the end, 30 seconds left and we passed it backwards, i was in disbelief. Pump it in the box for goodness sake. 

They were there for the taking yesterday and we just kept allowing them to set up at the back before crossing it in. We need to go back to what has made us so successful, what makes us different to the rest. Otherwise we will just be that team that hovers around mid table, too good in possesion for the bottom half but not technical enough on the ball to beat the top 6. 

We need to find our first 11. Stick to it for a period of time and be quicker on the attack. We have the players to do that already. We just need a few additions, namely some attacking full backs and a creative CM.

I can't think of anyone better who's out of work. But I can think of a few up and coming managers who I think would get us playing our style of play successfully again.

Just to add I think Puel has potential here, but he needs to change for us, not the other way around.

Edited by Foxhateram

Anyone that lived through Frank McClintock's 30 game winless streak back in the 70'S will find this criticism of Puel mildly amusing.  Trust me, we really have come along way in the last 5 years.  

Funny because if we sack Puel and start doing long balls the same people that complain about boring Puel will complain we can't keep possession. 

We can't sit back and counter anymore. It's done. I don't ever want to go back to having 20% possession and just booting it for Vardy to chase every game. 

I think Puel will have a couple of successful seasons, depending on if we don't **** up the Summer as usual. I.E WAITING UNTIL THE LAST DAYS TO GET PLAYERS FOR ESSENTIAL POSITIONS.

• Like 3

Personally I thought our lads played really well yesterday with a couple of underperformnces. Some people whine on and on like spoiled kids and expect the world. For one season their was an aberration and a team of journeymen won.

One look at the start of the game made it obvious that Chelsea have a more expensive and better put together team than ours however they are performing to their own expectations and, regardless of them having a game some 4 days earlier which is plenty of time to recover.

9 times out of 10 such expensively assembled teams, even disfunctioning one's like Manchester United will beat the lesser ones however ambitious the latter. Kante, Hazard, Oscar, Willian compared to Ndidi, Iborra, Silva and James, 9 times out of 10, whose going to win that battle? The same with this constant sniping at Puel, who else do people realistically think is likely to come here? Guadiola and the many millions back up is hardly going to happen here is it. Puel was been left with a disfunctoning bunch of ill  thought out purchases however talented some of them are individually. He just can't please the plethora of opinions on here. Some slate him for playing Chilwell, others demand to give our own youth a chance. Some demand the inclusion, to give them a chance, of our big purchase like Iheanacho or Silva but when they don't perform to expecting,  start whining. 

The season was virtually written off in some respects before Puel even arrived and he's doing the best he can in the circumstances. Do one thing on match day and on here, individuals with their combined professional armchair talent will offer 5 or 6 better team selections even without knowing fitness, personal circumstances and how they are performing in training let alone homework on the opposition. 

Yesterday the result went the way 9 times out of ten it should reasonably be expected to go. Our teams made a good fist of it in the circumstances.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the messenger said:

And what alternatives has he got mate ? Give the bloke a chance we are really sounding deluded 

two decent cup runs , top 10 finish is on and he hasn’t even had a full season or his own signings made yet 

1 hour ago, the messenger said:

It's easy to criticise Puel but what other options do we currently have? It really says a lot about how good Simpson has been for us that we have been saying he needs to be replaced ever since we have signed him. He's a good, solid, right back. Unfortunately he doesn't fit in with the current system so it's easy to pick out his flaws.

As for Chilwell, I am his biggest critic but the fact he's constantly being picked shows how much Fuchs has declined. Let's not sugar coat it, Fuchs has been shite all season whenever picked. He's probably more bothered about his business ventures than football.

It's glaringly obvious that we need two new fullbacks to fit in with Puels system. I say give him a chance to pick those players.

If you had used Matty James as your example for Puel picking the same players, I'd have agreed. Especially with the options we have available.

15 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Funny because if we sack Puel and start doing long balls the same people that complain about boring Puel will complain we can't keep possession. 

We can't sit back and counter anymore. It's done. I don't ever want to go back to having 20% possession and just booting it for Vardy to chase every game. 

I think Puel will have a couple of successful seasons, depending on if we don't **** up the Summer as usual. I.E WAITING UNTIL THE LAST DAYS TO GET PLAYERS FOR ESSENTIAL POSITIONS.

I think people forget just how awful it was last season watching us getting turned over because when we had the ball for prolonged periods, we didn't know what to do with it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cc_star said:

Why?

Fast transitions are everything that is good about us, and our biggest successes in 136 years

It was also failing miserably since that biggest success, as all people had to do was sit back.

7 hours ago, inckley fox said:

We were the home side, Chelsea had played mid-week (and overseas) and were not at their best. They're a few places above us, nothing more. On top of that, we were Champions the season before last when they finished mid-table. It's not unrealistic or unreasonable to ask questions when we lose a critical game like this one.

A few places above us? They are 16 points above us, which to put into perspective, Stoke are 13 points below us and could get relegated. It might only be a few places but in premier league terms it's a huge gap. We've had one peak and they've had one slump. How on earth you can compare the two on that basis is beyond me.

• Like 1

It's this simple, we keep the faith in the manager or we sack him and be like every other bottom half club in this league.

Maybe theres a reason why no club has broken in to the top 6 besides the usual 6, as no manager is given the time to do so.

We either keep the faith and give the manager support and time or take a look at West Brom, palace, Watford and all the others and that will be us! 

I'm not saying Puel is perfect, I thought there were some major problems yesterday. But let's not turn into a team thats constantly changing managers.

He's been here five months so it is time to move him on and moan about the next man and his style of play and boring interviews in a second language that I think most would struggle to do in French if the situation was reversed.

I've just accepted we're going to change managers quite regularly so there's no point getting too worked up about them.

• Like 1

I admire the fact that he's noted our weakness and it trying to improve upon it, but I don't think we are any better off currently than we would have been if Shakespeare had stayed. Hopefully the longer-term results will be better, but I think Puel has tried to change too much, too soon.

The system he plays relies heavily on the full-backs and the No.10. The problem is that they are our weak areas in terms of personnel, so it's no surprise we are struggling.

We are a bit better a keeping hold of the ball, but our defence is no stronger, Vardy looks isolated, we've failed to break down and beat poor teams at home and we've lost a good chunk of our edge, tenacity, tempo and counter attacking ability.

What concerns me in the long run is some of his tactical and team selections this season. They are bewildering at times. Playing James week in, week out, over Iborra or Silva. Playing Chilwell over Fuchs. Playing Iheanacho as a No.10. Stating in public that Silva isn't a No.10, then playing him there the next match. There was the bizarre tactical switches mid-match against Man City, Stoke and Bournemouth that back fired. He is more often than not far too late with his subs. I could go on.

Yesterday was another example of him being far too cautious. I've lost count of the times this season I've said "they were there for the taking". So many times we've had teams on the ropes and instead of turning up the pressure, we've drifted away and not won the match. Stoke away, West Ham away, Watford away, Swansea at home, Stoke at home, Bournemouth at home, Chelsea away and last night. All matches that we should have won, but didn't due to, in part, Puel's poor game management.

He has been here 5 months and I'm not seeing an overall improvement. Knowing how poor our recruitment has been over the last few years, I wouldn't bank on the club providing him with the right players that he requires to play his way.

I'm not gonna lie I dont like Puel and have had criticisms from day one.

His tactics, subs and selection changes all the time really concern me. He has found several games too a way to make Vardy absolutely isolated.

Don't get me wrong the team is not good enough in areas either but I feel without Mahrez we'd be in a West Ham sort of league position