Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

2 hours ago, jumbo747 said:

Agree, the problem for me is that Okazaki is largely ineffective, though he gets lucky sometimes. I've been watching him and it seems to me that, although he works damn hard and is willing team player, he is always that second or two late in where he needs to be. Whether he has no sense of anticipation, his mind is elsewhere or it is just too slow I wouldn't know, but he is not a starter for me and I'd prefer to see him let go.

What do you mean,..you've been watching him??? So have 30+k other City Fans,is Your watch

more with merit than that of Others.

Though from now in,Whether right or wrong,I would be pushing for the Rest of the season,

Nacho in preference to Okazaki. Nacho could still reach that hoped Potential,Okazaki in the

Pl is Not a 10-12 Goal Minimum Striker.He would for me See this season Out from the Bench.

I would even Welcome,,Diabete /Gray / even Mahrez partnering Vardy.But I thankfully am not

the Guy who decides.

14 hours ago, cc_star said:

Only because we adopted a hybrid system where we played a higher line, rather than defend deep ourselves invite the opposition into our half & then counter

Chelsea defended deep last night, Vardy barely got a touch, Mahrez was playing in front of them & we had absolutely nothing, other than harmless possession

It's been 2 months since we scored more than 1 goal at home, it's absolutely shocking how lethargic one of the hardest working squads in the country has become in just a few short months

We were struggling at the back end of the title win season, Newcastle, Saints, Norwich to name just three where we were lucky to win. We had 51 shots in the last three home games and actually missed some decent chances.

Sure there are areas we need to work on, we need better crossing from the full backs. Puel has stated several times what his system needs and what he wants from the full backs. If they can't offer him that, then they need replacing. The speed in which we make decisions to pass needs upping, but I've seen progression in that since we started playing this was and it should get better.

Again, we need to consider the 10 position if we're going to be so reliant on crossing. Makes no sense to want a crossing game if you've not got people who can head the ball brilliantly.

The hard working stuff was overblown anyway, we were never any more than average in terms of distance covered by our players.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We were struggling at the back end of the title win season, Newcastle, Saints, Norwich to name just three where we were lucky to win. We had 51 shots in the last three home games and actually missed some decent chances.

Sure there are areas we need to work on, we need better crossing from the full backs. Puel has stated several times what his system needs and what he wants from the full backs. If they can't offer him that, then they need replacing. The speed in which we make decisions to pass needs upping, but I've seen progression in that since we started playing this was and it should get better.

Again, we need to consider the 10 position if we're going to be so reliant on crossing. Makes no sense to want a crossing game if you've not got people who can get the ball brilliantly.

The hard working stuff was overblown anyway, we were never any more than average in terms of distance covered by our players.

Selective memory at ist finest for some people. The series of tight, sometimes lucky 1-0 wins against wary, deep sitting teams which refused to be torn apart on the counter anymore, is conveniently forgotten and the main reason why Ranieri decided to change the style of play.

Indeed, as he took over we had one of the lowest pass completion of the league, I think. We couldn't string more 3 passes together.

We also need an alternative to Vardy if we want to cross it in the box.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Shakespeare Record

P.    W. D. L.   %

11 6 9 42.3

Puel Record

P.   W. D. L.    %

27 11 9 7 40.7

No better record against mostly worse sides.

Does this not say as much about the players as it does the manager?

I think we need to be patient. I personally like Puel and think he's the man to take us forward however - we're not going to know if that is the case until early next season. 

2 hours ago, chapero82 said:

This time next year he won’t be here! 

He probably won't be. It wouldn't shock me if he left in the summer. I don't think we'll have another manager here for three years in one spell because we are one bad run away from being near the relegation zone and a probable departure. If Ranieri had finished 6th, for instance, instead of 1st he'd have been out by Christmas.

We're a bad start away from a manager leaving, I think the only way one will be secure enough is to stay away from the bottom five or six throughout the season.

23 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

What do you mean,..you've been watching him??? So have 30+k other City Fans,is Your watch

more with merit than that of Others.

Though from now in,Whether right or wrong,I would be pushing for the Rest of the season,

Nacho in preference to Okazaki. Nacho could still reach that hoped Potential,Okazaki in the

Pl is Not a 10-12 Goal Minimum Striker.He would for me See this season Out from the Bench.

I would even Welcome,,Diabete /Gray / even Mahrez partnering Vardy.But I thankfully am not

the Guy who decides.

Do you have a problem with the English language or is this a wind up ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Eh? At the start of that season any LCFC fan and the owners would have snapped your hand off for a 6th place finish 

I meant the next season (2016/17) if results had been the same.

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

I truly think he can build something special, I just hope the fans and owners afford him the time and resources to do so.

He'll get the blame for us having to adjust to losing our best player, and possibly one or two of our other better players.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He'll get the blame for us having to adjust to losing our best player, and possibly one or two of our other better players.

you say that but Sam Lee says Pep has "moved on" from Mahrez

52 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

you say that but Sam Lee says Pep has "moved on" from Mahrez

He keeps up his form, others are going to be interested. Be interesting to see, can't see anyone bidding what we want so it could mean we end up caving in to a lower offer.

On 3/19/2018 at 18:50, winteriscoming said:

You say mostly worse sides but if we'd of had Shakespeare in charge we would not of beaten spurs or got a point at Chelsea (which we should of won). Also we wouldnt have scored 4 goals at wba and southampton. Don't forget also Shakespeare was quite happy getting draws at high flying bournemouth and Huddersfield. I really don't think there's an argument of whose better it is clearly puel. 

.... Look who was available to Shakey at the start of the Season and who was available at the end of last season!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

He keeps up his form, others are going to be interested. Be interesting to see, can't see anyone bidding what we want so it could mean we end up caving in to a lower offer.

we've said this for the past 2 years fact is only Roma and Man City have ever came in for him

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.... Look who was available to Shakey at the start of the Season and who was available at the end of last season!!!!

I really don't see the relevance. Only on ft would people go on about Shakespeare who was and never will be a manager and puel whose won ligue 1 and got to the semis of the champions league. Had Shakespeare had everyone fit I still think his solution would be to bring king on. I'll admit puel does have his faults but overall it's more postitive than negative. 

On 3/19/2018 at 19:53, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Think it’s safe to say they’re both shite! 

The owners have balls, so if things don’t improve in the last part of the season, I think they’ll act in the summer. 

If you think either of those records are shite for the Premier League, you are mental.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2018 at 18:37, Sharpe's Fox said:

Shakespeare Record

P.    W. D. L.   %

11 6 9 42.3

Puel Record

P.   W. D. L.    %

27 11 9 7 40.7

No better record against mostly worse sides.

But
Shakespeare points 39, loss% 34.6

Puel points 42, loss% 25.9

I don't think win% tells the whole story :)

26 minutes ago, Woof said:

But
Shakespeare points 39, loss% 34.6

Puel points 42, loss% 25.9

I don't think win% tells the whole story :)

More importantly, any team that wins more than it loses over a whole Premier League season will most likely finish 9th or higher.

I don't think he has done to bad. I was at the Swansea game and the stoke game and it was frustrating but we could have won both with better finishing and never looked like we would lose neither. I think until he gets his own players in and had a good pre season with the team we will see if he is really the person to take us forward. I don't personally see anyone better than him that would be interested in coming to us. Also keep changing the manager will only lead to new ideas which will again disrupt what the team is currently trying to adjust to. He will have a hard job in the summer if/when we lose mahrez and with teams likely to be after wilf who would be two player that would be very hard to replace. But overall I think next season could be a good one, especially if we get 7th place and get a crack at the europa league. 

• Like 2