Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Fireworks Display And Free Chocolate

Just now, Wookie said:

A few comments in this thread would make you think he won us the league himself

No that was Chelsea.

24 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Honestly mate, it's ****ing cringe. Some of the stuff members of staff have had to do this week is embarassing. You know what i'm not sure it's even the chairman, it's the weirdo creeps around him. There's been tv crews from Thailand all over the shop.

what have they had to do?

11 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

...... The club have also asked that only season ticket holders look up at the sky during the firework display.

@Kp1984 your thoughts please?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

As with all things on FoxesTalk.

If you don't show immediate support to an idea, you're a filthy ****ing moaner that doesn't deserve anything.

Just pointing out that our owner is a bit full of himself, as will plenty of other people when this hits social media at the weekend.

We don’t know if this is the owner’s work or not. I’d say it’s more likely people sucking up to him (seemingly confirmed by Abrasive Fox).

Who cares what people on social media think? 

23 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

No other club does this. Way over the top now. 

No other club outside the 'big six' have won the league or been to the Champions League quarter finals since Blackburn in 1995 and Leeds in 2000 either. I'd rather be a successful family club than some rotting second division outfit sticking to tradition and falling further behind the times.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

No other club outside the 'big six' have won the league or been to the Champions League quarter finals since Blackburn in 1995 and Leeds in 2000 either. I'd rather be a successful family club than some rotting second division outfit sticking to tradition and falling further behind the times.

Why is it if people, like me, criticise anything to do with the owners it means we’re ungrateful or something like that.

I want to be a PL club etc but it doesn’t mean we should have banners wishing our owners happy birthday. 

In fact, we have all these ‘celebrations’ yet there’s fvck all around the ground that points to the history or tradition of the football club.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Why is it if people, like me, criticise anything to do with the owners it means we’re ungrateful or something like that.

I want to be a PL club etc but it doesn’t mean we should have banners wishing our owners happy birthday. 

In fact, we have all these ‘celebrations’ yet there’s fvck all around the ground that points to the history or tradition of the football club.

I wasn't having a pop mate- I agree that we need far more nods to our history around the ground than we've currently got.

That's a separate issue to this kind of stuff though. Football is a different game to what it was 20 years ago, and this media & family friendly stuff is important in building a brand, which is (depressingly) half the battle these days.

If these 'celebrations' get more kids into supporting City and drum up some publicity, then fine. We're in one of our most successful eras and growing as a club because we've adapted to the times and run things well over the last few years.

• Like 1

Imagine what freebies the Forest owner would hand out!

Not to fussed as I’ll probably miss the beer as always leave the pub late , the Newcastle fans may take the piss until they start sing ‘you fat cockney bastard, get out of our club’ and realise how shite their own is. 

Im hoping for the free ticket renewal, slightly better odds than winning the lottery.

lets hope he’s still here for his 65th!

i will only be worried if he stopped bringing the monks over and instead did a North Korea style military parade with nukes and made us all clap under pain of death.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

Not to fussed as I’ll probably miss the beer as always leave the pub late , the Newcastle fans may take the piss until they start sing ‘you fat cockney bastard, get out of our club’ and realise how shite their own is. 

Im hoping for the free ticket renewal, slightly better odds than winning the lottery.

i will only be worried if he stopped bringing the monks over and instead did a North Korea style military parade with nukes and made us all clap under pain of death.

McDonald's and drugs?..

59 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Because we have some half wits on here think he's beyond criticism and would let him defecate in their living room such is their belief that he single handedly won us the premier league.

• Like 1

The guy is a billionaire, he gives millions to charities, obviously he likes to share! This is his equivalent of buying a round. 

Like others have said it might not even be him, but who cares. For me this shows the owners appreciate what we, the fans do and is a little thank you. 

Happy birthday Mr chairman xxx

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

As with all things on FoxesTalk.

If you don't show immediate support to an idea, you're a filthy ****ing moaner that doesn't deserve anything.

Just pointing out that our owner is a bit full of himself, as will plenty of other people when this hits social media at the weekend.

You know when the team has won the premier league, who do you think you'd put on the front of the programme..... maybe the captain......maybe the manager.....maybe the player of the year.....maybe the goalscorer......no lets put the chairman on the front of there.....

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

Well in the past weeks they've announced season tickets for next season will cost anything between £10 and £100 for kids up to under-23s, and donated all the food from their postponed match last week to local homeless. I hate to say this, but Forest are getting their "freebies" spot on at the moment.

• Like 4