Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DatfoxesKid23

Should we get rid of the "old guard"

Should we get rid of the old guard?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. If yes then how should we get rid of them?

• Phase them out
    • Sell
    • Dont care either way
    • Phase out captain morgan Don't care about or sell the rest

I think this could be dangerous, I understand King doesn't cut it at this level and frustrations are growing with certain players e.g. Morgan Simpson, but getting rid of big characters can effect the dressing room, we know Mahrez will leave, I think it's important to add to what is a finely stretched squad before looking to offload everyone whose had a bad couple of performances. Imo Simpson can still play a role, yes it is noticeable he looks lost when he goes forward but when we play the bigger teams (home or away) he is reliable defensively , having players to fit different games is important in the Prem and if we have hopes of competing in multiple competitions moving forward a large squad is important.  

Edited by 1884Foxes

NP once spoke about his squad being a team of leaders. One or two of the players mentioned are quite likely coaching/management material of the future and a good start in their career would be here.

The players may have different ideas about what they want to do when they finish playing but I would start with Morgan and Huth. Morgan a great leader by example and Huth articulate and intelligent. 

For me one of the reasons for City's yo-yo past has been that every time there has been a relegation there is a complete clear out and start again, with the inevitable disruption caused by a wholesale change in staff, and it would be good to see some of the coaching staff of the future coming up through the ranks.

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

What a load of crap. What makes you say this? A couple of shiit paper articles and a foxestalk comment or ITK info because I have never seen anything remotely like what you describe.

Have you been in the dressing room then?

truth is you ain’t got a clue have you mate?

It's good to hear that Morgan runs the dressing room (is that what the changing room is called these days?). What I want to know is if he runs it faster than he runs on the pitch?

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, Sionnach gorm said:

I’m not sure why everyone thinks Kasper is so banjaxed.  He’s not the best, but he’s better than many out there.  In my estimation there are half a dozen great goalkeepers in football, and most are playing for the big teams.  It is a position that has a huge vacuum.  A good goalkeeper coach could easily fix his quirks.

He’s never been able to command a box his entire career and no goalkeeping coach is going to teach him that skill in his 30s. He has cost us a hell of a lot of points this season with errors. I sincerely hope we recruit in the summer... Burnley have 2 brilliant goalkeepers maybe we can poach one of them.

1 hour ago, shanetko said:

He’s never been able to command a box his entire career and no goalkeeping coach is going to teach him that skill in his 30s. He has cost us a hell of a lot of points this season with errors. I sincerely hope we recruit in the summer... Burnley have 2 brilliant goalkeepers maybe we can poach one of them.

He’s made the usual mistakes that goalkeepers make.  Our defence has made greater mistakes, in particular Morgan...and I don’t see a majority asking for his head.  As for goalkeeper coaches; Buffon, probably the best in the world, has such a coach...and he’s older than Kasper.

By the way, I’m all for getting good goalkeepers.  If what you say is correct, so be it.

Edited by Sionnach gorm

6 hours ago, shanetko said:

We'll keep Heaton and you can have Pope for £30 million.:)

Who runs the dressing room?

Wes

Wes

Wes

Wes

Who runs this motha?

Wes

Who runs this motha?

Wes

Who runs this motha?

Wes

Who runs this motha?

Wes

• Haha 2

I upgaded my motor last weekend...it was the first time Ive ever bought a vehicle I actually liked and wanted...my other vehicles in the past have just been practical and used to do the job.

I though you know what, **** it treat yourself sonnyboy....you only live once.

now I feel a new rush when I drive...Im suddenly a head turner and I like the feeling.

There is a lesson there.

should we get rid of the old guard?.

**** knows mate.

• Haha 1

Some of them still have a few years left in them and have served the club extremely well and they have a vast amount of experience and knowledge of the game and of how we as a team play. a phase out of the old guard replacing them in time with younger players rather than get rid of them all at once is a more favorable option and less of a disruption to the team!.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/04/2018 at 19:03, The Fox Covert said:

NP once spoke about his squad being a team of leaders. One or two of the players mentioned are quite likely coaching/management material of the future and a good start in their career would be here.

The players may have different ideas about what they want to do when they finish playing but I would start with Morgan and Huth. Morgan a great leader by example and Huth articulate and intelligent. 

For me one of the reasons for City's yo-yo past has been that every time there has been a relegation there is a complete clear out and start again, with the inevitable disruption caused by a wholesale change in staff, and it would be good to see some of the coaching staff of the future coming up through the ranks.

Evidence of Morgan leading by example?

• Like 1