Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DatfoxesKid23

Should we get rid of the "old guard"

Should we get rid of the old guard?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. If yes then how should we get rid of them?

• Phase them out
    • Sell
    • Dont care either way
    • Phase out captain morgan Don't care about or sell the rest

I'd say the old guard are 

Morgan

Simpson

Albrighton

James 

Fuchs (Debatable)

King (Debatable)

Vardy (although he is actually good could be part of ranieri the other managers sackings)

Altgough some dont want to admit it they are getting in our way saying who should and shouldnt be at the club and to be frank most of them are shit

Edited by DatfoxesKid23

Why the hell do you need to get rid of half a squad?

You do what most teams do, as players get older they naturally slide down the pecking order and become the backup, replacing the older players who'd already done the same thing. You have a 25 man squad, many of those aren't going to be good enough to start, but you need players like that. You can't fill a squad full of 26 year olds of equal ability all expecting to play.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Why the hell do you need to get rid of half a squad?

You do what most teams do, as players get older they naturally slide down the pecking order and become the backup, replacing the older players who'd already done the same thing. You have a 25 man squad, many of those aren't going to be good enough to start, but you need players like that. You can't fill a squad full of 26 year olds of equal ability all expecting to play.

I would agree with that but there is generally an uproar if one of them doesn't get picked from fans so maybe the easier way of moving on and reshaping the squad and style of play is to simply not have those players here, and its 5 or 6 players not half the squad

Something new, a senseless poll.

They are already being phased out.  King is gone, Fuchs has been replaced in the XI, and Simpson would not be playing if Puel had an alternative.  Players peak and decline, clubs re-evaluate their needs.  Any such decision is always on a player by player basis.

If Rudkin saw this as a single decision to make (on an A, B, or C basis) he would run the club into the ground overnight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I would agree with that but there is generally an uproar if one of them doesn't get picked from fans so maybe the easier way of moving on and reshaping the squad and style of play is to simply not have those players here, and its 5 or 6 players not half the squad

Not half a squad? I presume he wants to keep Mendy, Slimani, Musa, Kapustka, Huth, Benny, Ulloa then? Because if he wants rid of all of them and that lot as well we're getting rid of a lot of players.

I've seen no uproar if any of them aren't picked, in fact it seems the total opposite and there is uproar when they are picked.

Just now, Babylon said:

Not half a squad? I presume he wants to keep Mendy, Slimani, Musa, Kapustka, Huth, Benny, Ulloa then? Because if he wants rid of all of them and that lot as well we're getting rid of a lot of players.

I've seen no uproar if any of them aren't picked, in fact it seems the total opposite and there is uproar when they are picked.

ah I see what you are saying with that comment now, I think he may well want to keep Mendy having had him at Nice, we have no idea what he makes of Kapustka as he won't have worked with him yet

53 minutes ago, DatfoxesKid23 said:

I'd say the old guard are 

Morgan

Simpson

Albrighton

James 

Fuchs (Debatable)

King (Debatable)

Vardy (although he is actually good could be part of ranieri the other managers sackings)

Altgough some dont want to admit it they are getting in our way saying who should and shouldnt be at the club and to be frank most of them are shit

Of that list I think Fuchs and King are already out. James is already only backup. Morgan should be back up and will be naturally phased out, Albrighton has a place on the bench as a multi-positional hard worker and hopefully this summer Puel gets an RB or two that suit his system and will never be seen in the team again. Vardy is banging in goals on very little possession and he'll keep doing that next year, so he's a keeper.

4 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Mahrez and Albrighton aside, they're all 30+ now anyway. Time to replace the likes of Schmeichel, Simpson, Huth, Fuchs this summer as a minimum.

I would love to see Kasper upgraded. It would be a real sign of intent to take the next step into Europe. He's good enough for a mid-table prem team and a great servant to us but upgrading him would be BIG.

There needs to a controlled and gradual rebuild.  Unfortunately, an unhealthy percentage of our attempts to replace anyone in the existing squad list with a better quality player, have failed.   So in my view, the rebuilding process on the field, needs to extend to the 'old guards' working within the coaching, recruitment and scouting sphere at LCFC.  There is much work to be done before we move forward.

So we need new players to allow us to phase out/get rid of the following players

Morgan, Simpson, Albrighton, James, Fuchs, King, Mendy, Slimani, Musa, Kapustka, Huth, Benny, Ulloa maybe Vardy.

13 players Rudkin's going to have a busy summer I hope he's not got a long holiday booked.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I voted phase out and part of that comes the point they are let go. I would look to bench next season: 

Kasper

Albrighton

Simpson

I would look to sell: 

Morgan

Fuchs

King

James

Going as doesn't want to be here: Mahrez

Finally, what to do with Vardy. Is he the main contributor to managers demises at our club? Maybe if he wasn't here we would take a new identity anyway. In all honesty if some mugs like Everton came knocking, I would maybe let go. Don't shoot me down in flames people! 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I’m not sure why everyone thinks Kasper is so banjaxed.  He’s not the best, but he’s better than many out there.  In my estimation there are half a dozen great goalkeepers in football, and most are playing for the big teams.  It is a position that has a huge vacuum.  A good goalkeeper coach could easily fix his quirks.