Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

**New** Puel In or Out - A simple Poll Mk 2

Puel In or Out? MK2  

597 members have voted

1. 1. Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

8 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

When and how?

You make it sound absolute, which it isn't. Our "domination" is mostly reactionary and partial, because for us to force ourselves onto the opposition, more than one half needs to pass by, we usually get going for the last 30 minutes or so (a few times for the first 30 minutes), with our efforts going astray for large parts.

It works against the players, it works against the fans, it works against the club (with regards to the results).

So, in essence, I do think Puel continues to shoot himself in the foot since mid-December 2017.

We dominating games - more possession, more control, more shots. Teams are submissive to us regardless of scoreline. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Ask arry Kane’s agent .......

seriously, if you keep making chances then eventually you will get your reward. The nothing games at the arse end of the season aren’t going to tell us anything. we have no idea what the club have said to the manager and vice versa. How do we know if they had a meeting in late March and decided they didn’t want to have to pre qualify for the Europa league in July. And before anyone tells me what players and manager have said, they aren’t going to publically state anything different. 

i suspect all isnt wonderful in the dressign room and maybe if the owners think they can get someone who will manage the players better whilst still making the transition in styles then puel may still walk sooner rather than later. I’m just not a fan of making a change without a proper plan in place. 

But we haven't and we keep throwing first and second halves away.

We've had a number of "nothing games" that weren't, we were in contention for a Europa League place, remember. We were once above Burnley in the standings, have had many chances to make that 7th spot ours (exceeding pretty much all expectations from before the start of the campaign)...

And now, for the past five months or so, the team under Puel has shown some horrific football at times, sacrificing attacking intent for more possession, hardly ever threatening near the opposing box - whilst our two tallest strikers are out on loan. What I see on the pitch makes little to no sense.

We've got the change you're talking about, but what's the plan, I wonder?

We've had our chances and we've blown them. So much for "getting a reward". If this is/was all done on purpose, then shame on them.

1 minute ago, Dr The Singh said:

He has 4 matches to get the best out of the team.  But the writings on the wall for changes.

Either it's Puel or mass player changes......I'm looking forward to the end of the season....all exiting.

I’m a bit confused ...... are you expecting everyone to leave or are you actually looking forward to mid May? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

This is the puel thread, not the thread for most successful European managers of our generation @toddybad

3 league titles won 15 years ago wouldn't qualify for this if emotion was removed from the equation. 

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

We dominating games - more possession, more control, more shots. Teams are submissive to us regardless of scoreline. 

And herein lies the problem.

We keep dropping points left, right and centre, in spite of being "more dominant" (more possession, more shots on goal, usually towards the end of a game, when we're chasing after the score).

Our domination is partial, not absolute. And hardly ever productive.

5 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

The owners are on record as stating they want to get back into Europe. This isn’t news. They weren’t expecting it this season unless via one of the cups. 

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The owners are on record as stating they want to get back into Europe. This isn’t news. They weren’t expecting it this season unless via one of the cups. 

I thought it was either the league or the cups?

25 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Burnley can count on an extremely well-organized side and a very good back four (and goalkeeper). Only the two Manchester clubs and Spurs have conceded less goals than them.

Howe may deploy a similar style to Puel, that with a squad half the worth of ours and with arguably the fewer talented players. Like many "smaller" teams, he's made them hard to break down.

Naturally, you mean hard to break down as evidenced by them having the fewest clean sheets in the league this season. Great post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Donut said:

Naturally, you mean hard to break down as evidenced by them having the fewest clean sheets in the league this season. Great post.

I wasn't talking about clean sheets, but about Bournemouth's defeats and the manner by which they occurred.

Look at when Bournemouth concede most of their goals against. It's not in the opening half.

Lost 2-1 against Manchester City, Everton and Burnley.

Lost 1-0 against Tottenham, Manchester United and Chelsea.

Two draws against us.

Hard to break down.

They have a squad about half the value of ours, yet only trail by six points, with four more matches to go.

What does that say about them and about us right now in terms of quality and potential?

Edited by MC Prussian

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

I wasn't talking about clean sheets, but about Bournemouth's defeats and the manner by which they occurred.

Look at when Bournemouth concede most of their goals against. It's not in the opening half.

Two draws against us.

Hard to break down.

Youre talking absolute bollocks, so its best you be quiet i think.

Youre literally talking shit.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

He has 4 matches to get the best out of the team.  But the writings on the wall for changes.

Either it's Puel or mass player changes......I'm looking forward to the end of the season....all exiting.

I can kind of see it going either way. I think the owners know our style has to change from solely counter attacking, but of course the form has Puel in a bit of a pickle. You're right, either way it'll at least be interesting lol

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

Just now, Donut said:

Youre talking absolute bollocks, so its best you be quiet i think.

Youre literally talking shit.

We're largely underperforming - not just compared to Bournemouth - and have done so for months, so not going to happen, I'm afraid.

5 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Two draws against us.

Hard to break down.

To be fair, they also lost 4-1 to Huddersfield, 3-0 to Arsenal, 4-1 to Spurs and 4-0 to both Liverpool and Man City.

Their form, like us and much of the league has been indifferent at best.

Edited by Beechey

On 4/21/2018 at 10:57, Happy Fox said:

Puel is Rudkin's yes man, 100 percent brought in by Rudkin, so he wouldn't question his authority on transfer dealings etc, owners should bin both of them, but you know Puel will go and Rudkin will leave scot-free.

Anyway with regards to potential replacements with premier league experience.

Usual suspects: Rafa, Dyche, Villas-Boas, Mancini, Pellegrini.

.....none of the above!!!

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I can only imagine Rudkin hasn’t explained the concept of Brexit to them yet then.

23 hours ago, Donut said:

The issue as i see it is, the only reason you would logically remove Puel, is if you could bring a manager in that you could beyond reasonable doubt assure would be better, and outperform where we are now, who would bring a 5 or so year vision with him that would be better than Puel's one.

And that suggestion has to be realistic. I dont see too many alternatives that I could say this about, and what makes this even more intriguing, is that ive seen names mentionned within this thread who would look to play more of a defensive orientated or short passing style too, and weve already established some people do not want Leicester to be moved in this direction. Yet people are suggesting names of managers like Wagner who have built their whole ethos around sitting deep, trying to stay in games and nick them, or Jokanovic who prefers the same possession oriented play from the back style that Puel does, but hasnt managed at Premier League level so is a total unknown quantity.

So youre now narrowing your pool down to a manager who plays high tempo, high press, direct balls into the channels (even though this is a total contradiction anyway, but let them have their say) as his style, and does this to a level that is better than 8th in the Premier League.

Puel has had a good few months to look at everyone, evaluate their strengths and weaknesses (and some players have got a shedload of weaknesses and not many strengths lets be honest) and hes worked out where he wants to strengthen.

A new manager coming in in the summer will have a hectic curtailed summer with the world cup, have to quickly assess the squad and add to it fast with signings. Its a very big summer, and it would be a difficult task for the new man to change things ready for the start of the season.

So nothing has changed my mind that Puel is the man to stick with. If we revisit this thread in mid October and we still lack cohesion and performances are underwhelming, a decision will need to be made.

But changing a manager before he has had chance to make a real mark on the club, whilst still being in a very good league position that many would view as acceptable would be a knee jerk reaction in my opinion and one that would only delay the inevitable issues that the next manager will have to face in rebuilding the squad.

If its a lack of charisma thing that is used against him, i couldnt give a stuff about that frankly.

Very good post this and I agree with a lot of it.

17 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Well no. Under Shakespeare we were getting better results than our performances deserved (come on, we made Huddersfield and Bournemouth look like 2009-vintage Barcelona; Bournemouth had the chances to be 3-0 up inside 10 minutes), under Puel we've not be been getting the results we deserve. Games under him where we've genuinely been the worse side: Man City (H), Spurs (H), Crystal Palace (H), Liverpool (A), Man City (A). Maybe Newcastle at home but I missed that game for a conference so can't say.

In general we've been the better side for a chunk of the match without managing to put it in, occasionally due to fantastic keeping performances (Pope at Burnley, Butland v Stoke in both games), and sabotaged ourselves in the other teams brief period of dominance with some genuinely abysmal play (both CMs going walkabouts at home to Stoke, Fuchs and Maguire pulling apart to let in Shaqiri at Stoke, Chilwells passing at Everton, the entirety of the first ten minutes at Burnley, pretty much everything Morgan has done since coming back in for Dragovic). Results are infuriating but let's not pretend that we're consistently the worst side on the pitch, because that's simply not true.

Good point that really. I mean even Thursday as crap as we were Southampton were still significantly worse, and bizarrely negative as well considering a point isn't much good to them.