Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

**New** Puel In or Out - A simple Poll Mk 2

Puel In or Out? MK2  

597 members have voted

1. 1. Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Nigel Pearson is unlikely, I think the owners will go all out for Benitez.

Think Benitez is sticking with Newcastle for the long-term, judging by his comments about his ambitions for that club. I imagine they will be sold this summer, and he will get the more funds to spend. 

Definitely can't see Nigel ever coming back here, unless we were in serious trouble and in a relegation dog fight. Until then, I think if we do get rid of Puel this summer, then managers like Brendan Rodgers, Marco Silva, Sean Dyche will all be on the owners list. 

Had a bizarre though that Louis Van Gaal might be our next manager though. Something he said about wanting revenge for how Man U treated him and wanting to manage in the Premier League again lol

Quick google search and "Former Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has suggested he could be close to a return to management after receiving an offer too good to refuse." 

Probably USA job but with our owners, you never know! 

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Think Benitez is sticking with Newcastle for the long-term, judging by his comments about his ambitions for that club. I imagine they will be sold this summer, and he will get the more funds to spend. 

Definitely can't see Nigel ever coming back here, unless we were in serious trouble and in a relegation dog fight. Until then, I think if we do get rid of Puel this summer, then managers like Brendan Rodgers, Marco Silva, Sean Dyche will all be on the owners list. 

Had a bizarre though that Louis Van Gaal might be our next manager though. Something he said about wanting revenge for how Man U treated him and wanting to manage in the Premier League again lol

Quick google search and "Former Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has suggested he could be close to a return to management after receiving an offer too good to refuse." 

It would be quite surreal if we hired Van Gaal.:o

14 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

9 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

It would be quite surreal if we hired Van Gaal.:o

Surreal it would be, but I have my reservations about hiring a 66-year old.

:revenge:

• Haha 1

Think we should go for Benitez, Ashley will be happy to milk the club for all its worth whilst still trying to find a buyer so heavens know what price he is asking for and he will give the club just enough to try and keep them up, probably thirty million or so I'd wager if I was a betting man.

If its true we are giving a fairly large amount to rebuild / add to the squad next season then he might consider his options, though Everton might look to him too considering they will want to replace big Sam.

3 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Think we should go for Benitez, Ashley will be happy to milk the club for all its worth whilst still trying to find a buyer so heavens know what price he is asking for and he will give the club just enough to try and keep them up, probably thirty million or so I'd wager if I was a betting man.

If its true we are giving a fairly large amount to rebuild / add to the squad next season then he might consider his options, though Everton might look to him too considering they will want to replace big Sam.

Ashley knows that selling the club with Benitez contracted is worth far more to him than getting a few million compensation from us. If Benitez walks then it won’t be with Ashley’s blessing. 

He couldnt go to everton. 

Edited by st albans fox

Just now, st albans fox said:

Ashley knows that selling the club with Benitez contracted is worth far more to him than getting a few million compensation from us. If Benitez walks then it won’t be with Ashley’s blessing. 

Its not down to Ashley though, Benitez obviously knows his track record at Newcastle and he will probably go if the right move comes along, Ashley would not mind if he was to get a nice money offer to bolster his bank balance and it would mean any promises for substantial amountslol to Benitez would be reduced for a new manager.

18 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Its not down to Ashley though, Benitez obviously knows his track record at Newcastle and he will probably go if the right move comes along, Ashley would not mind if he was to get a nice money offer to bolster his bank balance and it would mean any promises for substantial amountslol to Benitez would be reduced for a new manager.

Ashley wants to sell the club

with Benitez in place it’s more saleable 

there isnt much more to it than that 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He couldnt go to everton. 

Problem is Ashley is stubborn his value of Newcastle is too high that’s why the Stavely bid failed, he won’t invest the money for Newcastle that Rafa wants. So I can see him leaving.

44 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Benitez will not leave newcastle... a new owner will give him golden handcuffs and a buyer would be likely to make transfer money available. Stop dreaming

Claude Puel could be sacked by Leicester City at the end of the season with the club’s owners planning a summer overhaul of the first-team playing squad.

Puel, the 56-year-old Frenchman, has only been in charge of the Foxes since October, when he replaced Craig Shakespeare with the King Power Stadium club struggling towards the foot of the Premier League table.

He made a solid start, guiding Leicester away from the bottom three and into the top 10, though he has come under increasing pressure on the back of a run of just four wins in 17 league matches.

And The Telegraph say Puel is fighting to save his job with the end of the season just around the corner.

It is said he is battling unrest in the dressing room, with a number of players disillusioned by his coaching methods and his policy of frequently rotating his team.

European football was an aim for Leicester’s owners at the start of the campaign following a summer where the club spent over £80m, but the Foxes could now finish in the bottom half of the table.

And the report says Leicester will spent big again this summer with the owners ambitious to push on in the top flight - even if they are aware winning the league again is wellnigh impossible - but Puel could not be in charge to oversee this summer overhaul and the start of 2018/19.

Read more at https://talksport.com/football/leicester-city-fc-news-claude-puel-could-be-sacked-end-season-180427280591#ZMWLDU625siS67Iu.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newcastle United may have another obstacle in their way of signing Islam Slimani from Leicester City

Mon 23 Apr

Newcastle United striker Islam Slimani has impressed since joining on loan from Leicester City.

According to a report in the Telegraph, Leicester City’s fringe players are happy to wait until a decision is made on Claude Puel’s future before moving elsewhere.

Puel is said to be on the verge of being dismissed at the King Power Stadium, with the Leicester board disappointed with the way their season has turned out.

The Foxes invested heavily last summer, but have only been able to finish in mid-table this term.

And Leicester’s players desire to hold on and wait until Puel’s future is decided once and for all, adds another complication in Newcastle United’s potential deal for Islam Slimani.

Newcastle have been touted as potential buyers of Slimani in the summer, after taking the Algerian on loan.

However, Leicester are demanding a big fee, according to the Chronicle, and the Telegraph’s report puts further doubt on any deal to bring Slimani to St. James’ Park permanently.

Slimani may want to try his luck under a new manager, if Leicester do part ways with Puel.

And it could be that Newcastle are forced to look elsewhere, with any deal for Slimani now looking very problematic.

6 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Benitez will not leave newcastle... a new owner will give him golden handcuffs and a buyer would be likely to make transfer money available. Stop dreaming

Maybe you can give me tonights lottery numbers:thumbup::P

Edited by ithuriel

I’ve been wavering on the Puel in/out question recently having voted “in” in this poll.

I have always been sceptical about a purely possession based style for a club like ours simply because the quality of players required to pull it off are way out of our price range.

Nevertheless I’m coming to the conclusion that we will have to give Puel another season simply to avoid the damage that would be done by another sacking, and the high probability that we’d probably not end up with anyone better. I’d change my mind if relegation threatened, or if someone like Rafa agreed to join.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I’ve been wavering on the Puel in/out question recently having voted “in” in this poll.

I have always been sceptical about a purely possession based style for a club like ours simply because the quality of players required to pull it off are way out of our price range.

Nevertheless I’m coming to the conclusion that we will have to give Puel another season simply to avoid the damage that would be done by another sacking, and the high probability that we’d probably not end up with anyone better. I’d change my mind if relegation threatened, or if someone like Rafa agreed to join.

See, the reason you suggest is no real basis to keep a manager.

You’ve not provided any virtue in Puel himself, you’re essentially said delay the sacking so it doesn’t look bad. Who gives a shit how it looks, the clubs long term success is more important than short term outside image.

I think he’s probably gone, I don’t think we should sack him as we’re terrible at appointing managers and we need to rebuild a squad anyway. My big worry is who we appoint if or when he is sacked.

10 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

See, the reason you suggest is no real basis to keep a manager.

You’ve not provided any virtue in Puel himself, you’re essentially said delay the sacking so it doesn’t look bad. Who gives a shit how it looks, the clubs long term success is more important than short term outside image.

The problem is that sacking managers so quickly will make it much more difficult to sign new ones in the future.

Having said all that, if this shitshow continues I’ll probably change my mind again.