Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

**New** Puel In or Out - A simple Poll Mk 2

Puel In or Out? MK2  

597 members have voted

1. 1. Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

3 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I agree with most of this, except I would definitely not get rid of Amartey. He's young and versatile, and was doing a good job at RB before he got injured. I think there's a good chance he'd be happy as a squad player, and I think he's got potential.

We'd probably want to keep one of King, James or Mendy as a backup if we can, as well.

Not sure about Okazaki, really. He might be useful for one more season.

Apart from the ones I mentioned, I agree - the rest should be moved on sooner rather than later.

It will probably be a very busy transfer window. Let's hope we get it right this time.

I appreciate all of that. However I think amartey is wasted here. And not sure he's going to be a good enough right back. I'd like to see him given a run at CB to be honest if he's going to play. He's got potential so could surprise us. 

King James and mendy are squad players/bench players. But I think we need more than that if we are to really kick on and push forwards, they could have a run against the bottom teams but I'm sure we could find better bench players. For the sake of not pumping in 10 new players sure we could keep a couple, but mendy and king clearly aren't in Puels plans. 

Okazaki could have another season but again he's just a late bench player that adds some spark to the team. 

Agree it will be a busy summer I think. 

Possession is indeed useless if you don’t create any chances, though it will reduce the likelihood that your opponents will score as they will likely get less opportunities. Thursday was poor - we didn’t really make any. over previous weeks the stats say we should have scored more. Our expected goals points total is 52, 4 points behind arsenal and yanited and two points clear of palace. put simply, we aren’t taking our chances. over two seasons, that should work itself out. 

Most of us recognise we need a couple of additions at least - a marauding right back and a creative CAM or forward in the hole who can unpick defences and I think we will be close to top six next year,  

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Possession is indeed useless if you don’t create any chances, though it will reduce the likelihood that your opponents will score as they will likely get less opportunities. Thursday was poor - we didn’t really make any. over previous weeks the stats say we should have scored more. Our expected goals points total is 52, 4 points behind arsenal and yanited and two points clear of palace. put simply, we aren’t taking our chances. over two seasons, that should work itself out. 

Most of us recognise we need a couple of additions at least - a marauding right back and a creative CAM or forward in the hole who can unpick defences and I think we will be close to top six next year,  

Out of 25 league games under him we've only had 8 clean sheets.

What is this expected goals thing your talk of?

1) Can we rely on 'expected' goal/stats.

2) Can we afford to wait 'over two seasons' to work itself out...Sounds abit like Tottenham winning the league over two season kind of stats to me...

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Out of 25 league games under him we've only had 8 clean sheets.

What is this expected goals thing your talk of?

1) Can we rely on 'expected' goal/stats.

2) Can we afford to wait 'over two seasons' to work itself out...Sounds abit like Tottenham winning the league over two season kind of stats to me...

Expected goals is based on the quality nd number of chances you create. Of course it’s not overly complex but it gives a reflection of how many opportunities you are creating and how good they are. 

If puel isnt sacked then you will get an an answer to your question next season! 

11 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Fair point... an opinion

Mate...  if you can’t offer an alternative view without wading in with petty insults stay off the internet...

If you respond, come back with some well reasoned constructive points that demonstrate your position... it is possible...

Well said that man

• Like 1

With this so called new style of play, I can only see us becoming another Bournemouth at best.

I see no bright future with this new style, football has been evolving from possession last few years.

Puel's style of play is one dimensional and so predictable for opposition.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Eh? He's probably 3rd or 4th best since taylor. Better than Bassett, Levien, Kelly, Allen, Megson, Holloway and Sousa for certain - anyone who argues otherwise must have been in a coma '04-'08. Pretty sure he's better than Sven, I'd argue he's better than Shakespeare as well. Obviously Claudio and Pearson ahead of him. Toss up between puel and adams to be behind those two.

He is garbage, total total garbage.

• Like 1

Who would you take though IF he was to be sacked? I certainly don’t think any manager currently in post would touch us with a barge pole, as they wouldn’t know what to expect. The only real choice for me would be Marco Silva, as he’s probably worth a punt, but I can bet that at least half of you on here would say “no he’s shit”. So what exactly do people want?

47 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

To what exactly?

It's hassle to explain so I give example.

I personally wanted us to become like Atletico Madrid, having less possession but effective when having a ball.

I think they are no underdogs but doing well with what seems to be similar to what we were in our title winning season.

I know we have no Kante anymore but I thought we did quite well in CL.

Still think we should aim for that and not fancy possession side..

Maybe different opinion but..

• Like 1

So who do you bring in and how much time and how much money do you give a replacement. people wanted the likes of Slimani,Ulloa, Musa, King moved out on loan. Every chance that come next season the PL winning back 4 will be gone and the and the heart of that midfield already gone. Puel seems to know who he does not want we need to see who he does want. You cannot keep chopping and changing, he has an idea of how he wants the game played and has inherited a squad where some do not fit that bill. we were in a similar position to Sunderland when he removed Pearson our owners got things right Sunderland did not it was not that long ago.  

6 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Unless you're of the opinion that we all must agree (and I'm sure you're not), it's because we all have different perceptions. And they're all equally valid, if backed up by a reasoned argument.

Logical point that every one is missing in supporting Puel we could have easily have had  Europa place, we had the players and style to win the last five home games but Puel has destroyed that style for no logical reason, it wasn't like we were in danger of going down so we could risking playing attacking football, it was all there to play for, but Puel has single handed destroyed that style, the press now call us toothless and the king power is quiet ground and the blame for that rests totally on Puel. 

2 hours ago, KingKoala said:

It's hassle to explain so I give example.

I personally wanted us to become like Atletico Madrid, having less possession but effective when having a ball.

I think they are no underdogs but doing well with what seems to be similar to what we were in our title winning season.

I know we have no Kante anymore but I thought we did quite well in CL.

Still think we should aim for that and not fancy possession side..

Maybe different opinion but..

Thank you for answering, but you didn't really back up your original assertion. 

I got off the Puel bus after the Southampton game. I think the owners are likely to be reaching for the get rid button because if the PR and news articles at the time of his appointment are to be believed, he got the gig because he persuaded them that he could get so much more out of these players, and impressed them with his knowledge of the squad.

If his pitch to them had been that he’d need to completely change the tactics, bin most of the current squad because they can’t play to his style, and would need a huge transfer budget (at least by our standards) to bring in players who could, all in order to improve marginally on last season’s final position, I doubt he would have got the job in the first place.

That all said, I’m glad I don’t have to make the decision because there’s no obvious replacement who is available and/or who would be likely to come. Worrying times.

3 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

He is garbage, total total garbage.

Glad to see you've at least stepped back from your nonsense about worst manager since Taylor. I take it you did actually watch us 2004-2012 (barring the two years of Nigel) then. 

32 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Thank you for answering, but you didn't really back up your original assertion. 

You're ok, but why do you have to be politically correct on here most of the time?

It's as if you try and get other people to agree with your points and believe their original ones you don't agree with are wrong.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Doesn't matter which manager came in, we lack quality. The lack of movement is astonishing and that's basics really.

I'm willing to give Puel time to build. When Pearson first came back we had to overcome a lot of shit to finally get to his end product which was the squad he built.