Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Missfox

Does anyone know how to get a season ticket for next season?

11 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Do the away points mean anything? Not expecting you to have the answer, I'm just thinking out loud ?

not sure. hope not as mine is no doubt quite low compared to some (I'm on 62). 

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

If they include away points I'm on 63, but who knows? ? Home points are 42 

It's a fair bet that even the ticket office don't know what the plan is yet!

You'd think it would be fair to include away points as well. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

So not sure if it's just me but it doesn't specifically mention a ballot (which is probably the wrong terminology for it anyway) but I guess there will be a window for Members to apply for the tickets left over (if any), and these will be offered to those members with the most number of points and so on?

I rang today and was told it would be a ballot, like last year.  Apparently on June 26th there’ll be a 3 day window for members to apply on line for season tickets, and it’ll be a random choice.  I have no idea if any priority will be given to people with more points.   I need 3 seats together which limits my chances, although we have lots of points, having been to every home game this season .

11 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

I rang today and was told it would be a ballot, like last year.  Apparently on June 26th there’ll be a 3 day window for members to apply on line for season tickets, and it’ll be a random choice.  I have no idea if any priority will be given to people with more points.   I need 3 seats together which limits my chances, although we have lots of points, having been to every home game this season .

That's not what it says in the official post on the website:

New applications will be accepted from Fox Members only, prioritised by loyalty points earned during the 2017/18 season.

25 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

no. the 3-day window is for current STHs, who have renewed between 25 May and 25 June, to relocate to any vacated seats...

Renewed Season Ticket Holders will then have an opportunity to relocate to any vacated seats from 26-28 June***

***26-28 June will be for relocations only. Season Ticket Holders must renew their existing seat by 25 June to have the opportunity to relocate during this period.

After this date, any remaining seats will be released to new applicants and as @stripeyfox says, it's based on loyalty points as opposed to a ballot.

The only thing I can think of is that they put those on highest loyalty points who applied for STH in 18/19 in a ballot. But they haven't said that and you think they would have if it was going to be done by a ballot...

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

no. the 3-day window is for current STHs, who have renewed between 25 May and 25 June, to relocate to any vacated seats...

Renewed Season Ticket Holders will then have an opportunity to relocate to any vacated seats from 26-28 June***

***26-28 June will be for relocations only. Season Ticket Holders must renew their existing seat by 25 June to have the opportunity to relocate during this period.

After this date, any remaining seats will be released to new applicants and as @stripeyfox says, it's based on loyalty points as opposed to a ballot.

The only thing I can think of is that they put those on highest loyalty points who applied for STH in 18/19 in a ballot. But they haven't said that and you think they would have if it was going to be done by a ballot...

I’m only saying what I was told when I rang today.  3 day window to apply.  As a recall, from  a friend who successfully got season tickets last year, she was notified and then had to wait a couple of days before she could actually choose the seats.  Presumably in that time, current STHs are changing their seats if they want to.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Qwerty said:

I’m only saying what I was told when I rang today.  3 day window to apply.  As a recall, from  a friend who successfully got season tickets last year, she was notified and then had to wait a couple of days before she could actually choose the seats.  Presumably in that time, current STHs are changing their seats if they want to.

This is always the problem with the ticket office. One person tells you one thing, another tells you something else and the official line from the club is usually different again.

I assume that after current ST have renewed or relocated there may be a few hundred left over. They'll then invite applications from members - a window of a few days - and then, presumably, once the window is closed will allocate the remaining tickets to those members who have applied with the most point in descending order.

These seems the fairest way to do it.

We'll just have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, SydenhamFox said:

Thought my luck was in a moment ago. I clicked on 'Buy new season ticket' and you can see all the seats which are free and even put them in the shopping cart. Alas, that's all you can do though!

How you manage to do that? When I click buy new ticket I just get a sold out message. I already have a season ticket but want to see what other seats are available as I want to relocate 

2 hours ago, Marmite said:

How you manage to do that? When I click buy new ticket I just get a sold out message. I already have a season ticket but want to see what other seats are available as I want to relocate 

It must have been a very temporary thing. When I tried it again just a few minutes afterwards I got the same message as you see now. 

There looked to be about a few hundred seats available. 

I’m just a member too. I thought I was about to get very lucky! Not so. 

Season Ticket Applications:
2017/18 Fox Members - 9am on Friday 29 June 2018 until 4pm on Sunday 1 July 2018.
Fox Members* can apply for Season Tickets between the dates above.

*Full criteria to be announced on Thursday 28 June 2018.

Season Ticket Sales Period:

2017/18 Fox Members - 9am on Tuesday 3 July 2018 until 6pm on Friday 6 July 2018.

Should any Season Tickets remain available after the renewal period, they will go on sale to successful Fox Member applicants between the dates above (applications will be prioritised by loyalty points earned during the 2016/17 and 2017/18 seasons).

On 22/05/2018 at 11:09, leicestercityrepresent said:

Anyone not interested in renewing their season ticket. If you renew i will buy it off anyone face value of course. 

Just let me know 

I have been offered £1500 for two of my line of 4 ??? , just mentioned to someone I know well I was thinking of giving two up and he said I’ll give you £1500 for them , seems Peope are very keen to see premier league football at the KP 

I have decided to keep all 4 , but it did shock me 

19 hours ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

I have been offered £1500 for two of my line of 4 ??? , just mentioned to someone I know well I was thinking of giving two up and he said I’ll give you £1500 for them , seems Peope are very keen to see premier league football at the KP 

I have decided to keep all 4 , but it did shock me 

As someone who purchased individual tickets for every home game this season because I couldn’t get hold of a season ticket, I can very much understand this.

Including the £60 membership fee, I spent £800 to watch the equivalent of a season ticket that would have cost me £450.

Even at £750 for one seat, that would have equalled guaranteed tickets (no messing about online every week) and still saved me £50.

I’m sure lots of people are in exactly the same boat, which is why we are hoping the ground extension results in more season tickets being made available.

if I can’t get hold of a season ticket this year, it’ll be the for me same again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, City1884 said:

As someone who purchased individual tickets for every home game this season because I couldn’t get hold of a season ticket, I can very much understand this.

Including the £60 membership fee, I spent £800 to watch the equivalent of a season ticket that would have cost me £450.

Even at £750 for one seat, that would have equalled guaranteed tickets (no messing about online every week) and still saved me £50.

I’m sure lots of people are in exactly the same boat, which is why we are hoping the ground extension results in more season tickets being made available.

if I can’t get hold of a season ticket this year, it’ll be the for me same again.

This is shocking the club don’t need this money, I hope they can reduce costs for members as well 

Does anyone know anything about membership ?  I’m a member, been to all home matches, and planning to try my luck for season tickets for the 3rd year running.  Assuming I don’t get them, presumably I have to wait for the membership sale opening again?  Or do we just get to automatically renew ?

4 hours ago, Bayfox said:

I have asked for this issue to be added to the agenda for the FCC meeting on weds using exactly this logic as an example.

Matchday price for a season ticket holder in the kop £21.80. A member averages around the £40 mark with the £36-40 quid for matchday tickets and yet saves nothing over those buying as additional season ticket holders offers or when they buckle last minute and allow general sale to anyone who has a client ref. I'll try keep you posted as to what happens.

I personally appreciate that, do keep us updated. 

My situation is that I live outside of Leicester and typically get to one game per month. Therefore on paper you’d think I’m a perfect candidate for a membership. However I got to 9 home games last year (and 1 away), spending £370 on those 9 tickets, plus £60 membership fee so £430. Almost exactly the same as my dad has spent on his season ticket in the same part of the ground. 

This means that even though I only can get to half the games, I would be better off with a season ticket, which is surely not a healthy situation for members or the club. 

I think part of the problem has been the yearly freeze on season ticket prices (which I support) has coincided with a hefty average increase in membership price (which I simply can’t understand). 

I feel compelled to renew my membership as failing to do so would mean I lose my 27 loyalty points, however at the same time I am increasingly wondering if it is worth it because, as you allude to, members that sign up on day 1 somehow end up in a worse position than members who sign up midway through the season for half price, or those who buy through general sale. 

Just thinking out loud, but one solution that might be able to help justify a £60 membership fee, would be to say members save £5 on a match day ticket price over those who buy on general sale? For example tickets are released to members initially for £35, but following this period prices are increased to £40 for general sale. In my opinion this would help to justify the fee.  

3 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

I personally appreciate that, do keep us updated. 

My situation is that I live outside of Leicester and typically get to one game per month. Therefore on paper you’d think I’m a perfect candidate for a membership. However I got to 9 home games last year (and 1 away), spending £370 on those 9 tickets, plus £60 membership fee so £430. Almost exactly the same as my dad has spent on his season ticket in the same part of the ground. 

This means that even though I only can get to half the games, I would be better off with a season ticket, which is surely not a healthy situation for members or the club. 

I think part of the problem has been the yearly freeze on season ticket prices (which I support) has coincided with a hefty average increase in membership price (which I simply can’t understand). 

I feel compelled to renew my membership as failing to do so would mean I lose my 27 loyalty points, however at the same time I am increasingly wondering if it is worth it because, as you allude to, members that sign up on day 1 somehow end up in a worse position than members who sign up midway through the season for half price, or those who buy through general sale. 

Just thinking out loud, but one solution that might be able to help justify a £60 membership fee, would be to say members save £5 on a match day ticket price over those who buy on general sale? For example tickets are released to members initially for £35, but following this period prices are increased to £40 for general sale. In my opinion this would help to justify the fee.  

You put out a lot of intelligent ideas, in fact anyone could come out with them or similar solutions, unfortunately those in charge at the club don't seem to have a clue or choose not to.

I'm glad I'm out of the membership fiasco :revenge:

I'm glad that they are basing the STHs on loyalty rather than a ballot. It's the fairest way to do it, myself and my Dad have been to every home game in the 16/17 and 17/18 season so we'll have a better chance of getting a STH compared to a ballot I'd have thought.

4 hours ago, smr said:

I'm glad that they are basing the STHs on loyalty rather than a ballot. It's the fairest way to do it, myself and my Dad have been to every home game in the 16/17 and 17/18 season so we'll have a better chance of getting a STH compared to a ballot I'd have thought.

Depends on your idea of fair.

Is fair that you can afford to pay to go to every game even with the ridiculous costs for membership.

For the record I'm not agreeing disagreeing I'm trying to work out what is actually fair.

Exciled fans that live miles away now due to work etc spend a lot of time and effort to make as many games as possible. Are they any less deserving than you?

The club will never please everyone I guess.

1 minute ago, Bayfox said:

Depends on your idea of fair.

Is fair that you can afford to pay to go to every game even with the ridiculous costs for membership.

For the record I'm not agreeing disagreeing I'm trying to work out what is actually fair.

Exciled fans that live miles away now due to work etc spend a lot of time and effort to make as many games as possible. Are they any less deserving than you?

The club will never please everyone I guess.

In a way I wouldn't say they are any less deserving. If you're having to make huge round trips to get to games then that in itself takes effort, time, money etc. and should be rewarded, but I guess as you say the club can't please everyone. 

If someone has a Fox membership and lives the same distance from the club as me but decided to watch us about 5-10 times over those two seasons, if they go in a ballot and get offered a STH and I don't win the ballot then I wouldn't say it's fair they got a STH ahead of me as ultimately I've spent more money that goes to the club and more time and given the club more support - so I think loyalty points overall may be the fairest way.