Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Deal with Adidas confirmed and home shirt revealed

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Anyone know if the sleeve sponsor was a one or two year deal?

Kind of hoping we (enforced by Adidas) go down the route of just a plain white logo, or force whoever we pick to go down that route.

That purple nonsense was the pits next season, especially when their actual logo would have worked fine plain white!  

Sure it was just for 1 season , You would think it would already be on the shirts when it was released if it was for more than one season. 

50 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

I usually get the badges if I get a shirt but last year was a rip off - £6 for one badge and a ‘free’ sponsor badge if you wanted it. You can buy a pair of Premier League badges for £6.99!! 

I have to ask...why is 99p more for the same amount of badges a better deal? 

• Like 1

On 06/07/2018 at 22:09, lifted*fox said:

yeah that massive logo immediately makes it a no from me.

wouldn't have bought it anyway, I don't think, it's not very good. but the logo, gross. gross decision from someone to include that on what is effectively lounge/fashion wear. 

I would have bought a polo until I saw the gargantuan King Power logo on the back. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

I have to ask...why is 99p more for the same amount of badges a better deal? 

Because the club state one premier league badge costs £6 when in reality you can buy two for 99p more. They claim the sponsor badge is free and that was optional last year, so if you didn’t want the sponsor, which many didn’t last year, effectively you are paying £6 for one badge when you can get two elsewhere for virtually the same price but put them on yourself! If you don’t want the sponsor surely the league badge should be half the price :dunno:

020F4167-5E8C-4472-8EDF-27466508E364.png

Edited by DerbyshireFox

39 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Because the club state one premier league badge costs £6 when in reality you can buy two for 99p more. They claim the sponsor badge is free and that was optional last year, so if you didn’t want the sponsor, which many didn’t last year, effectively you are paying £6 for one badge when you can get two elsewhere for virtually the same price but put them on yourself! If you don’t want the sponsor surely the league badge should be half the price :dunno:

Isn't the point of the badges just to look as similar to the players as possible? If that is the case surely you'd want the sponsor aswell? I don't know, I've never had them on. 

23 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

Isn't the point of the badges just to look as similar to the players as possible? If that is the case surely you'd want the sponsor aswell? I don't know, I've never had them on. 

I guess it is, to make it as much as a replica as possible. I had it because I didn’t think it looked bad and I thought leaving one sleeve blank would look daft. A lot of people hated the sponsor and thought it ruined it so didn’t have it. They were therefore paying the price of two badges for one which is a bit bad of the club shop in my opinion. May as well have had the sponsor because you were effectively paying for it anyway, even if it was advertised as ‘free’. It didn’t spoil the shirt for me, nothing could be worse than that Angry Birds monstrosity on Everton’s kit ?

2EE03306-0722-48CE-A5D6-89B5319A6001.jpeg

21 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

I guess it is, to make it as much as a replica as possible. I had it because I didn’t think it looked bad and I thought leaving one sleeve blank would look daft. A lot of people hated the sponsor and thought it ruined it so didn’t have it. They were therefore paying the price of two badges for one which is a bit bad of the club shop in my opinion. May as well have had the sponsor because you were effectively paying for it anyway, even if it was advertised as ‘free’. 

Think you've answered your own question there! 

They want you to have the sponsor. 

4 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

Think you've answered your own question there! 

They want you to have the sponsor. 

? very true, dunno why they need to be cloak and dagger about it. Perhaps because so many people thought it looked so bad that was their way around it ?. We shall see what’s going to be plastered on it this season :scarf:

Edited by DerbyshireFox

11 minutes ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

You sure mate?.

Yes. Less lucrative for club. But club felt it was a step up in class as a brand.

Question was asked at last FCC. sure someone from ufs or foxes trust posted the minutes on here or Twitter.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Would be better without King Power. 

For the hipsters among us it’s acually a template used by gosha rubchinskiy and cost a fair few quid without the KP logo lol 

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Received email this evening from the club announcing some new lines of training gear. Spent a bit of time looking at online shop and to be honest time is all I am going to spend.....Love our owners and understand their desire to promote their King Power brand but to ruin so many decent looking training tops and jackets by putting a huge King Power branding on the back is way over the top ......I won’t be buying any this year