Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hiroki Sakai

London evening standard says he has attracted interest from us Crystal Palace and Brighton. Also says we've expressed reservations over his £12 million valuation. 28 year old Japanese International right back. Can't see it happening myself. 

He can play left back as well. 

DC

Position Apps Goals Assists Rating
DR (Defender Right) 25 0 2 6.96
DL (Defender Left) 11 0 1 7.17
Sub (Substitute) 5 0 1 6.39
DC (Defender Centre) 2 1 0 7.58
* Only tournaments with detailed coverage

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Must be there second choice right back as doesn’t Sarr start right back for Marseille? 

If he is second fiddle then no thanks.

Sakai is first choice but they rotated a lot due to the Europa league 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I can't see Simpson playing at all next season. 

I hope you're wrong. I'm sure I'm in a minority but I actually think Simmo is a decent player, nothing spectacular and offers nothing going forwards... but a solid defender and more than worthy of a place in the squad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I can't see Simpson playing at all next season. 

There is no point in keeping a player and then not using him. Also, as much as I want Ricardo Pereira to play in a Leicester shirt, he won't cover all our matches in the league and cup competitions, so there will be opportunities for Simpson. And Amartey possibly (even though I'd rather want to see him in midfield, he's done an admirable job as right-back).

16 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

There is no point in keeping a player and then not using him. Also, as much as I want Ricardo Pereira to play in a Leicester shirt, he won't cover all our matches in the league and cup competitions, so there will be opportunities for Simpson. And Amartey possibly (even though I'd rather want to see him in midfield, he's done an admirable job as right-back).

You would want to see Amartey in MF? I personally feel we have okish coverage there but nothing apart Simpson (if Ricardo is injured) in RB. 

Unless my useless memory is playing tricks on me i seem to think Puel played Amartey as RB earlier this season even when Simpson was not injured ?  

2 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

You would want to see Amartey in MF? I personally feel we have okish coverage there but nothing apart Simpson (if Ricardo is injured) in RB. 

Unless my useless memory is playing tricks on me i seem to think Puel played Amartey as RB earlier this season even when Simpson was not injured ?  

Amartey‘s best position is in central defensive midfield, that‘s where he‘s played the most (before joining Leicester). The crux of the matter with versatile players is that they become jacks-of-all-trades, and master of none.

With Ndidi and Iborra, his chances of featuring there had become rather slim lately.

But who knows? Maybe Amartey leaves this summer, too. Or Iborra?

6 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Amartey‘s best position is in central defensive midfield, that‘s where he‘s played the most (before joining Leicester). The crux of the matter with versatile players is that they become jacks-of-all-trades, and master of none.

With Ndidi and Iborra, his chances of featuring there had become rather slim lately.

But who knows? Maybe Amartey leaves this summer, too. Or Iborra?

Will you stop with that :P

Actually on a sensible note, i can see him going :( Lets face it sunny Spain or the Saff. No brainer really! (From what i have read he has not settled here at all) and tbh he has had some great games but also some completely w4nk ones too. 

Would not be disappointed apart from on an 'eye candy' aspect if he left. Prefer him not too, but i wouldn't be too disgruntled.

Edited by Suzie the Fox

2 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Will you stop with that :P

Actually on a sensible note, i can see him going :( Lets face it sunny Spain or the Saff. No brainer really! (From what i have read he has not settled here at all) and tbh he has had some great games but also some completely w4nk ones too. 

Would not be disappointed apart from on an 'eye candy' aspect if he left. Prefer him not too, but i wouldn't be too disgruntled.

I take it you and Vinnie have had a ‘Tiff’ then???

• Haha 1