Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 19

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

You do realise that this is just your opinion, you seem to constantly post like you are a community manager from EA you’re quite condescending in your replies.

Except my "opinion" is backed up with several hundred games of anecdotal evidence and isn't coming from a place of being an insecure kid that takes a fifa obsession way too personally. 

You got incredibly uppity with me last year, told me my opinion wasn't valid because I didn't play enough weekend league and the gameplay was SO INCREDIBLY DIFFERENT. 

I find it amusing that now EVERYONE can play the weekend league and it's evident the game play is (some server issues aside) exactly the ****ing same, all you've got to fall back on is just "well, like, erm, that's totally just your opinion man!!" lol

You're funny. But whatever, if you'd rather I tow the community line then here, just for you:

Larry, I take it back, division 5 is rigged, the game is full of scripting, Hank Marvin has actually been cruelly denied a career as a professional esports pro because the evil men at EA don't think he spends enough on fifa points. He SHOULD be in division 1 and finishing top 100 every week but the game is out to get him because he doesn't have a YouTube channel with a million followers. 

It's not his fault, he's actually amazing, it's just THE GAME that's shit. 

Oh, but he'll keep buying it every year just in case. Yknow. This might be his year the magic algorithms finally decide he can make it big. 

lol lol lol Jesus. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Except my "opinion" is backed up with several hundred games of anecdotal evidence and isn't coming from a place of being an insecure kid that takes a fifa obsession way too personally. 

You got incredibly uppity with me last year, told me my opinion wasn't valid because I didn't play enough weekend league and the gameplay was SO INCREDIBLY DIFFERENT. 

I find it amusing that now EVERYONE can play the weekend league and it's evident the game play is (some server issues aside) exactly the ****ing same, all you've got to fall back on is just "well, like, erm, that's totally just your opinion man!!" lol

You're funny. But whatever, if you'd rather I tow the community line then here, just for you:

Larry, I take it back, division 5 is rigged, the game is full of scripting, Hank Marvin has actually been cruelly denied a career as a professional esports pro because the evil men at EA don't think he spends enough on fifa points. He SHOULD be in division 1 and finishing top 100 every week but the game is out to get him because he doesn't have a YouTube channel with a million followers. 

It's not his fault, he's actually amazing, it's just THE GAME that's shit. 

Oh, but he'll keep buying it every year just in case. Yknow. This might be his year the magic algorithms finally decide he can make it big. 

lol lol lol Jesus. 

On 02/11/2018 at 12:57, Finnegan said:

Only an idiot thinks fifa is pay to win to be fair. Having a good team has never, ever, ever been a guarantee of success. 

On 06/11/2018 at 13:00, Finnegan said:

Sorry Alex but while the second paragraph is correct, the first is ribbish. 

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

As for the pro players in division five shit, it's just a crap myth that keeps getting repeated by people that think they should be in a higher division than they are because they were last year. 

In the space of a week, like I said you're condescending. Most people offer opinions you state your opinion like no ones else is valid and shoot them down.

At least it isn't just in this thread.

On 02/11/2018 at 12:49, Ozwin said:

I miss FoxesTalk FM topics.

It's not the same without Finnegan telling us how wrongly we are playing the game. :(

Really fancy it this year though. Liking the new look/feel of it. Don't know much about it aside from that.

What makes you think you're the only one thats played 100s of games, its still your opinion based on what you experience.

Look how you respond, whos an insecure kid? pot and kettle spring to mind.

for someone that doesn't take a fifa obsession way too personally your response would suggest you do.

"I find it amusing that now EVERYONE can play the weekend league and it's evident the game play is (some server issues aside) exactly the ****ing same, all you've got to fall back on is just "well, like, erm, that's totally just your opinion man!!""

Its funny you say that, as most people find weekend league easier than rivals in division 5, yet you rarely get smashed there but struggled this week to make gold 3 yet say the "game play is exactly the ****ing same"

"In contrast, weekend league is now easier because qualification is less restricted and your ELO determines who you play in a broader pool of players who could be at any skill rating. Basically, you'll find far more games against people shitter than you (until you win a load and go on a losing streak when your ELO swings!) "

So if the game play is the same, and according to you its "easier" and you play "shitter" opponents, shouldnt you be expected to have a better than 46% win rate if its "exactly the ****ing same"

Edited by HankMarvin

I'm not the most polite poster and have never really pretended to be. But then I'm not generally a big enough hypocrite to get my pants in a twist about other people being rude when I'm prone to be a knob myself. 

There's a hint in there somewhere, kiddo (now that's condescension.)

Regards the second part of your post, I'm not really sure what you think the quality of opponent has to do with the game play being any different. Why are you equating the two to be the same thing? 

When I say game play I mean the actual mechanics of the game. When I told you scripting was in your head last year you cried and said the gameplay, the literal actual gameplay, was different in weekend league so I didn't know what I was talking about. 

I'm telling you I've now played both back to back pretty extensively and there's no real difference other than some connection issues given one, AFAIK, is servers and the other peer to peer. 

Regards standard of opposition, I'd say the biggest difference is that it's consistently challenging in divisions where as the weekend league will pit you off against more people from lower (and higher I suppose) divisions. I certainly encounter more RQs in WL. 

But yes I finish about 50/50 in WL and I'm in the middle division in rivals so we can definitely conclude I'm absolutely bang average. 

I've never claimed otherwise mind. 

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

lol It's Fifa lads, wind your necks in.

Mate, I'm bored, I'll argue about soil composition or weather fronts if you want. It's called procrastination, it's better than working lol

Especially if this kid wants to keep picking fights because he doesn't like the fact I don't think his favourite game is rigged against him. 

Bit of a laugh innit. He can stop at any point I don't mind. I probably will in a minute, I've about finished me cuppa. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I'm not the most polite poster and have never really pretended to be. But then I'm not generally a big enough hypocrite to get my pants in a twist about other people being rude when I'm prone to be a knob myself. 

There's a hint in there somewhere, kiddo (now that's condescension.)

Regards the second part of your post, I'm not really sure what you think the quality of opponent has to do with the game play being any different. Why are you equating the two to be the same thing? 

When I say game play I mean the actual mechanics of the game. When I told you scripting was in your head last year you cried and said the gameplay, the literal actual gameplay, was different in weekend league so I didn't know what I was talking about. 

I'm telling you I've now played both back to back pretty extensively and there's no real difference other than some connection issues given one, AFAIK, is servers and the other peer to peer. 

Regards standard of opposition, I'd say the biggest difference is that it's consistently challenging in divisions where as the weekend league will pit you off against more people from lower (and higher I suppose) divisions. I certainly encounter more RQs in WL. 

But yes I finish about 50/50 in WL and I'm in the middle division in rivals so we can definitely conclude I'm absolutely bang average. 

I've never claimed otherwise mind. 

I'm probably older than you so not sure why you keep alluding to that.

You said rivals and weekend league are exactly the same, you also said you play shitter opponents in the weekend league, if you moved to division 4 you obviously had a higher than one in 2 win rate to progress.

so if the game play was the same and you are playing shitter opponents why is your win percentage not higher if its the same game play?

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Mate, I'm bored, I'll argue about soil composition or weather fronts if you want. It's called procrastination, it's better than working lol

Especially if this kid wants to keep picking fights because he doesn't like the fact I don't think his favourite game is rigged against him. 

Bit of a laugh innit. He can stop at any point I don't mind. I probably will in a minute, I've about finished me cuppa. 

There missing you on that other thread, telling them how the game works 

Obviously a personality trait.

you seem to be missing the point, its the way you seem to think you're superior to people and shoot them down Ive given you examples to various people within the last week.

Your opinion is no more valid than anyone elses as much as you think otherwise.

Edited by HankMarvin

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

There missing you on that other thread, telling them how the game works 

Obviously a personality trait.

The joke is probably on you to be honest because I think you'll find Ozwin was being literal, not sarcastic. 

I could he wrong but I don't think he's being whiney and sensitive in the same way you are. 

Myself and Shen used to post quite a lot of tactics advice on the FM topics, a role Wookie then stepped in to after we stopped playing as much. 

I'm not much of a gamer, FM is one of the few games I've ever been consistently decent at. Probably because it's pretty much spreadsheets and I'm a huge nerd. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

The joke is probably on you to be honest because I think you'll find Ozwin was being literal, not sarcastic. 

I could he wrong but I don't think he's being whiney and sensitive in the same way you are. 

Myself and Shen used to post quite a lot of tactics advice on the FM topics, a role Wookie then stepped in to after we stopped playing as much. 

I'm not much of a gamer, FM is one of the few games I've ever been consistently decent at. Probably because it's pretty much spreadsheets and I'm a huge nerd. 

From how you respond by constantly trying to throw barbed insults, id suggest you are the sensitive one.

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

From how you respond by constantly trying to throw barbed insults, id suggest you are the sensitive one.

This literally all started because you're on the offensive over me claiming the game isn't rigged, you've even gone in to other threads to try and get my attention and carry on the fight lol

Honestly, I hope for your sakes you aren't older than me. 

On that note, I'm going back to my job. Have fun pretending I'm some horrible Internet meany and that I'm crying off because I'm so hurt. lol

45 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

This literally all started because you're on the offensive over me claiming the game isn't rigged, you've even gone in to other threads to try and get my attention and carry on the fight lol

Honestly, I hope for your sakes you aren't older than me. 

On that note, I'm going back to my job. Have fun pretending I'm some horrible Internet meany and that I'm crying off because I'm so hurt. lol

No I dont care what you think personally  tbh, its just the way that you respond to people in general, rubbishing points, telling them its a fcking myth etc you have a habit of shutting people down which would be acceptable if you actually worked for EA.

As for your claim about the Game isnt rigged, I think the EA patents I posted said it all, but you're entitled to your opinion.

I read daily that people are in higher divisions to claim similar rewards quicker and easier as its been expressed by the community on Reddit.

When you get time can you answer that question as you were so adamant that the game play was the same you felt like you needed to swear to emphasis your point exactly the****ing same.

"You said rivals and weekend league are exactly the same, you also said you play shitter opponents in the weekend league, if you moved to division 4 you obviously had a higher than one in 2 win rate to progress.

so if the game play was the same and you are playing shitter opponents why is your win percentage not higher if its the same game play?"

I actually replied to that other thread prior to posting here, Im sure your aware of that from the time stamp

Edited by HankMarvin

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

@Finnegan will be all over this TOTW. Mertens, João Mario, Romagnoli, Belotti.

Again though, none of them will really get in the team. If I get a red Belotti I might try 4231 with my current front three behind him. 

IF bonuses are so mild at the minute that no first in form will be that exciting unless they start off quite low. Joao Mario will get an okay bump for example but I've just got better. 

Mertens the exception but unless I'm freakishly lucky and get him in my picks which I doubt, I'm not paying for a +1 to a few stats. He'll probably be like 300k or something nuts. 

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Aye. Don’t be using my posts as ammunition here. Finnegan and me go way back in terms of FM topics. There’s always been a bit of flirtatious banter going back and forth between us. :wub:

Edit: Also, FIFA is ****ing dogshit, sort your lives out lads.

Edited by Ozwin
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Ozwin said:

Aye. Don’t be using my posts as ammunition here. Finnegan and me go way back in terms of FM topics. There’s always been a bit of flirtatious banter going back and forth between us. :wub:

Edit: Also, FIFA is ****ing dogshit, sort your lives out lads.

:blush: