Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 19

Is anybody else having great difficulty playing Rivals tonight with the gameplay?

I’ve just played 4 games and every single one of them there seems to be some kind of button delay with what I tell my players to do and really slow even though the connection bar is fully green. My opponents didn’t seem to be affected other than me. I did win some games but my last game was a joke. Are EA servers ran from potatoes or something?

32 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Is anybody else having great difficulty playing Rivals tonight with the gameplay?

I’ve just played 4 games and every single one of them there seems to be some kind of button delay with what I tell my players to do and really slow even though the connection bar is fully green. My opponents didn’t seem to be affected other than me. I did win some games but my last game was a joke. Are EA servers ran from potatoes or something?

I had this on the odd champions game over the weekend - it’s weird. Feels like my players did everything half a second later than normal, think the technical term is input delay but I don’t get why it happens...

2 hours ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

3-0 up at half time then the second half my players couldn’t put one pass together and end up loosing 4-3 lol the game before I lost 9-1! 8 of his goals were finessed from the edge of the box, couldn’t get near him but I refused to quit lol think il settle for the 14 wins

2 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

1 hour ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I had this on the odd champions game over the weekend - it’s weird. Feels like my players did everything half a second later than normal, think the technical term is input delay but I don’t get why it happens...

*FIFA Handicap*

Gold 3 here, as well!

14 and 14. Done for the week.

Oh, what a finale!

Could've finished on that level three games earlier, if only the guy I was leading 1-0 with a one-man advantage didn't have such a terrible internet connection. Force quit, no win.

But hey - I got there at the first attempt!

• Like 1

Planned on sticking with gold 3 but still had 9 games left, ended up carrying on to mainly get div rivals points and won 3 in a row giving me gold 2 so I thought I’d give away a few wins with a full on bronze English team... 1st guy I play is the most hungriest little jobby I’ve ever came across literally try harded the whole game finessing the ball in anytime he got within 30 yards of goal... decided I’d stop giving away free wins after that lol 

Edited by dbtcity

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

It’s done what I feel Fifa does every year. Starts off fine and you can actually play the way you want to and then after a couple of weeks it’s virtually unplayable. Every pass is under hit, the play feels heavy and the players are generally clumsy

It‘s the patches. They start off with an incomplete game, then need to fix it for weeks in the early stages.

This year, it's been bicycle kicks and headers that were overpowered.

I think part of it is also down to the handicap they implement, I tend to have more sluggish players when I play against teams with a similar or higher rating than mine.

Edited by MC Prussian

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

Planned on sticking with gold 3 but still had 9 games left, ended up carrying on to mainly get div rivals points and won 3 in a row giving me gold 2 so I thought I’d give away a few wins with a full on bronze English team... 1st guy I play is the most hungriest little jobby I’ve ever came across literally try harded the whole game finessing the ball in anytime he got within 30 yards of goal... decided I’d stop giving away free wins after that lol 

It's because it's one of the weekly objectives, I think.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

It‘s the patches. They start off with an incomplete game, then need to fix it for weeks in the early stages.

This year, it's been bicycle kicks and headers that were overpowered.

I think part of it is also down to the handicap they implement, I tend to have more sluggish players when I play against teams with a similar or higher rating than mine.

It’s even my squad battles. Tbh it’s coincided with me downloading Red dead 2, think it’s killed my Xbox lol

could that impact other games?

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It’s even my squad battles. Tbh it’s coincided with me downloading Red dead 2, think it’s killed my Xbox lol

could that impact other games?

I never fill my xbox hard drive over 75%. I've always worked under the assumption it works like a pc and there would be performance implications. 

I don't know if that's actually true but in your case it doesn't sound like a coincidence. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I never fill my xbox hard drive over 75%. I've always worked under the assumption it works like a pc and there would be performance implications. 

I don't know if that's actually true but in your case it doesn't sound like a coincidence. 

Yeah makes sense. Need to blast red dead and get it off the hard drive. I struggled against a 76 rated team with 50 chem on squad battles yesterday. Just can’t find the motivation to slog out wins for little reward

12 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

I never want to go to extra time again, only to lose in the penalty shootout. I've had it.

At least Silver 1 is secured.

I love it when it goes to a peno shootout. Haven't lost one yet. The best tip I can give you on saving penos is as soon as it cuts to the actual peno, look at the peno takers head as it moves to the direction he is aiming. So easy to save them. The only time it doesn't work is when someone aims during the run up.

1 hour ago, glenny_fox said:

I love it when it goes to a peno shootout. Haven't lost one yet. The best tip I can give you on saving penos is as soon as it cuts to the actual peno, look at the peno takers head as it moves to the direction he is aiming. So easy to save them. The only time it doesn't work is when someone aims during the run up.

I've never noticed that lol

Will have a look. I'm terrible at pens, I should probably practice, I just hate skill games. 

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Will have a look. I'm terrible at pens, I should probably practice, I just hate skill games. 

I noticed it during a shootout I lost.

My last penalty Pogba was doing his pathetic run up and he couldn't have made it more obvious.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You'll definitely notice it now lol 

best thing you can do is on your next pen or on practice, just aim a few directions to see how to notice it. It's only a small movement but easy enough to pick up.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I have to say the whole nerfed pace thing this year is quite hard to take when the likes of Harry Maguire and Phil Jones are outpacing the likes of Vardy and Sterling. All just a little bit silly.

Pace is relative - on an individual basis, players such as Vardy or Martial may have high speed stats, but when you look at football in real life, it's hard to outpace even a slow defender that much when you're dashing forward, with the ball at your feet. At some stage, every defender will catch up.

What you can do and should do is to use the momentum of an attack and play passes to your players that are on the move forward, about to outpace a defender or opposing player on the flanks or in the middle.