Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

England v Belgium

Just now, Max Wall said:

Really? That would bother you if England had actually won the World cup?

We could beat Belgium, Japan, Brazil, France and Spain to win it and the whole of Scotland and Wales would say that anyway.

I couldn't give a toss if we beat Colombia, Sweden, Russia and Mexico to win it.

Bother me is probably overstating it a bit - a World Cup win is a World Cup win, and I'll take one however it comes, I'd just prefer to know deep down -really deep down- that we won it because we were the best team, rather than because we got a kind draw.

7 minutes ago, TeePee said:

Bother me is probably overstating it a bit - a World Cup win is a World Cup win, and I'll take one however it comes, I'd just prefer to know deep down -really deep down- that we won it because we were the best team, rather than because we got a kind draw.

No team can ever say that definitively though can they? Many thought Brazil were the best team in '82, they didn't win it. Plenty say Argentina's win in 1978 had corrupt elements and bribery of other teams along the way but all I remember about watching that tournament is that Argentina won it.

You can't play every team so there'll always be naysayers.

There'll always be someone, usually from a country that didn't even qualify, attempting to down play an achievement of another country. 

Edited by Max Wall

Both team selections a bit of a disgrace for me it's a world cup.

FIFA should do a seeded second round draw for me group winners in one pot, runners up in the second and draw it after all the group game are played.

Makes this game mean something!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Really? That would bother you if England had actually won the World cup?

We could beat Belgium, Japan, Brazil, France and Spain to win it and the whole of Scotland and Wales would say that anyway. They're all still wittering on about balls not crossing the line in 1966 in those countries. Do you think they'd admit we deserved to win it if we did?

I couldn't give a toss if we lose to Belgium and beat Colombia, Sweden, Russia and Mexico to win it.

It didn't :whistle:

7 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

and as a player i thought he was meh !!! I like him as a manager though.. really comes across as decent. 

He reminds me of me in a lot of ways Suze :D

Guest ttfn
9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Everyone very quickly forgot you were absolute garbage for most of the Tunisia game and scraped through by the skin of Kane's teeth. 

With you for most of your post (largely because you’re agreeing with me) but we did more in 20 minutes against Tunisia than lots of sides have done all tournament.

I do think people are getting massively carried away but we did more than enough against Tunisia. It was a pretty decent performance overall.