Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

England v Belgium

5 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I know what you mean. I'd hate it if we actually went all the way but it was remembered for us having an easy route or not playing anyone decent on the way.

In saying that, I never look through the list of previous WC winners and think to myself "You fluked your way to the final or had an easy draw". 

Exactly. One of my biggest irritations is when talking to people about our title win and them saying 'well, you only won it because all of the big clubs had an off season'. Whilst that's complete bollocks, it particularly annoys me because it completely disregards what an achievement it was in the first place. I'd hate for the first World Cup win in my lifetime to be marred by some arse going 'yeah, but you only won it because all the big nations had a bad tournament'.

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

I don't know why he don't try Kane and Vardy together, this was the game to try it out bet Kanes reeling

Yeah, doubt Kane's happy tbf, and it's not what I'd have done, but I'm pleased Vards is getting some quality game time.

Also, bloody hell - a front two of Vardy and Rashford's a pretty electric pairing. Can't say I'd want to be defending against that tonight, especially if Bobby Martinez is giving the instructions! lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TeePee said:

If we want to go deep into the tournament, we're going to need to face a top side sooner or later anyway. Don't get me wrong, I'd love nothing more than a Colombia-Sweden-Denmark path to the final before a crushing 3-0 win over a Ronaldo-less Portugal side, but it would kind of feel like the trophy would have a bit of an asterisk next to it.

Screw it - let's go out there, try and win the game and put a marker down for the other sides still in it. Can't think there are too many sides looking forward to getting us on their side of the draw.

Do people suggest that Frances victory is hollow because Ronaldo lost it just before the final? 

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Do people suggest that Frances victory is hollow because Ronaldo lost it just before the final? 

Not that I've seen, and nor should they - they faced Italy in the quarters and a very decent (I'd forgotten just how decent until I just checked the teamsheet!) Croatian side in the semis. Not to mention that the rest of the Brazilian side was hardly a joke - would be pretty unfair to compare them to some of the one-man teams in this WC.

19 minutes ago, TeePee said:

Exactly. One of my biggest irritations is when talking to people about our title win and them saying 'well, you only won it because all of the big clubs had an off season'. Whilst that's complete bollocks, it particularly annoys me because it completely disregards what an achievement it was in the first place. I'd hate for the first World Cup win in my lifetime to be marred by some arse going 'yeah, but you only won it because all the big nations had a bad tournament'.

Really? That would bother you if England had actually won the World cup?

We could beat Belgium, Japan, Brazil, France and Spain to win it and the whole of Scotland and Wales would say that anyway. They're all still wittering on about balls not crossing the line in 1966 in those countries. Do you think they'd admit we deserved to win it if we did?

I couldn't give a toss if we lose to Belgium and beat Colombia, Sweden, Russia and Mexico to win it.

Edited by Max Wall
  • Like 1

Just now, Max Wall said:

Really? That would bother you if England had actually won the World cup?

We could beat Belgium, Japan, Brazil, France and Spain to win it and the whole of Scotland and Wales would say that anyway.

I couldn't give a toss if we beat Colombia, Sweden, Russia and Mexico to win it.

Totally agree

we have nowt to do with the draw so you can only beat what is put in front of you

we will

its coming home baby it’s coming home :englandsmile4wf: