Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

England v Belgium

Headline after the game:

"Vardy hat-trick puts him in surprising Golden boot contention"

"Jamie Vardy took his chance in fine style tonight when he bagged a hat-trick against Belgium's reserves as England cantered to a 3-0 win. With Harry Kane sidelined following a heavy tackle by Harry Maguire in training, all hopes now rest on Vardy to lead the line for England and bring it home"

What? We won the league. It could happen :ph34r:

I think a draw with us getting more one more yellow is the best case scenario, don't want to lose but second is better in terms of progression.

If the score and disciplinary points are level get Phil Jones on to volley someone up the arse 

5 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Anybody wanting us to lose tonight is a ****ing idiot, in my opinion.

Sadly I think the people hoping for England to lose are in the majority, a 52-48 majority to be precise. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

I just don't get it. Tonight is our first chance of playing someone half decent (albeit changed), an actual challenge and an opportunity to get sharp for the knock-outs. And people want us to half arse it because there's a *chance* we might get Sweden / Switzerland in the quarter finals, completely bypassing the fact we'd have another game before that.

I want England to win tonight and I want them to look bloody convincing doing so.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Wookie said:

I think a draw with us getting more one more yellow is the best case scenario, don't want to lose but second is better in terms of progression.

If the score and disciplinary points are level get Phil Jones on to volley someone up the arse 

He'd probably miss.

36 minutes ago, Super_horns said:
Well as it stands Colombia are now top of the group with Japan 2nd.

Makes the thought of England coming 2nd for an easier route change a bit maybe ..

Except if James Rodriguez' calf injury is bad enough to keep him out.  Which Fox Sports hinted it might be.

Win the game forget about the next game or the game after that.

All this talk about a easy side of the draw, it has Spain, Croatia (Best side in the tournament so far!), and Colombia.

England have there work cut out ethier way.

Edited by coolhandfox

If we want to go deep into the tournament, we're going to need to face a top side sooner or later anyway. Don't get me wrong, I'd love nothing more than a Colombia-Sweden-Denmark path to the final before a crushing 3-0 win over a Ronaldo-less Portugal side, but it would kind of feel like the trophy would have a bit of an asterisk next to it.

Screw it - let's go out there, try and win the game and put a marker down for the other sides still in it. Can't think there are too many sides looking forward to getting us on their side of the draw.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TeePee said:

If we want to go deep into the tournament, we're going to need to face a top side sooner or later anyway. Don't get me wrong, I'd love nothing more than a Colombia-Sweden-Denmark path to the final before a crushing 3-0 win over a Ronaldo-less Portugal side, but it would kind of feel like the trophy would have a bit of an asterisk next to it.

Screw it - let's go out there, try and win the game and put a marker down for the other sides still in it. Can't think there are too many sides looking forward to getting us on their side of the draw.

It's taken me a couple of days but I've come round to this way of thinking. I don't personally think a World cup win would ever have an asterisk next to it, there really are no pushovers left. Spain and Croatia in the bottom half are pretty much a match for France and Brazil in the top half, there's not much between the better teams. Let's just go out and try to win tonight.  

Edited by Max Wall

2 minutes ago, TeePee said:

I know what you mean. I'd hate it if we actually went all the way but it was remembered for us having an easy route or not playing anyone decent on the way.

In saying that, I never look through the list of previous WC winners and think to myself "You fluked your way to the final or had an easy draw".