Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Danny Amartey

13 minutes ago, Koke said:

He's back up. Do people expect back players to be of the same quality as first teamers? 

I agree. Question is why was he picked at right back in the first place? We have sufficient midfielders to play Ricardo at right back; I think most thought that was going to be his main position. For me it was a strange decision by Puel to pick Amartey in starting line up. Amartey has shown himself capable of playing in several positions but is always likely to make a mistake that can cost us. Unless he becomes more consistent over this season, there is little point in having a versatile player as back up. There is  sufficient scope in a 25 man squad to allow more than one consistently reliable player in every position.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

He's back up. Do people expect back players to be of the same quality as first teamers? 

Problem with Amartey is he is inconsistent.  He will have a decent game but randomly have a brain fart moment out of nowhere.

When everybody is fit and ready he will barely make the squad so I suggest people save their scorn for players who start most weeks, not some average utility players who will make max 10 appearances this season.

If an offer of £8-10m came in from someone like Stoke I would sell. Until then give it a rest. We know certain posters don't rate him, save us the repetitive posts.

The ‘repetitive posts’ would dry up and cease to be, IF he didn’t get played in the starting 11 against one of top sides away from home AND fook it up with a schoolboy error.

Trust me. Then the posts would cease. Until he stops making me feel very very uneasy by looking like he’s going to shit himself when he has the ball, I’ll have to keep expressing concern. I’m a City fan, not an Amartey fan and if I think fielding him may cost us daft goals, I’ll say so.

• Like 2

Guest MattP
2 hours ago, Koke said:

He's not back up if Ricardo is on the right wing.

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

He should go out on loan and play week in week out, there might be a good footballer in there if he was more confident 

Unfortunately I don’t think there is. I really do hope so though.

He just seems a little below what we need, even as a squad player if we want to push on to challenge the top 7. 

I’m not saying we will be challenging but that’s clearly what the owners want. 

8 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

He should go out on loan and play week in week out, there might be a good footballer in there if he was more confident 

He will become more confident and better once he plays more often in the first team.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Col city fan said:

The ‘repetitive posts’ would dry up and cease to be, IF he didn’t get played in the starting 11 against one of top sides away from home AND fook it up with a schoolboy error.

Trust me. Then the posts would cease. Until he stops making me feel very very uneasy by looking like he’s going to shit himself when he has the ball, I’ll have to keep expressing concern. I’m a City fan, not an Amartey fan and if I think fielding him may cost us daft goals, I’ll say so.

He's alot better with the ball than Simpson

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Choppalcfc said:

ive never really seen him cover 3 positions to be honest, all ive seen him do is stand on the part of the pitch he has been told too cover

really? can say ive seen him cover numerous tbh, 

i dont see why there has been so much stick for him tbh, yeah he gave away a penalty but some have rose tinted glasses if they think SImpson did any better last season at RB, as he was dire at times

and going forward I can see why Puel values him more than Simpson, as hes more comfortable on the ball and can play more positions if needed too

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

really? can say ive seen him cover numerous tbh, 

i dont see why there has been so much stick for him tbh, yeah he gave away a penalty but some have rose tinted glasses if they think SImpson did any better last season at RB, as he was dire at times

and going forward I can see why Puel values him more than Simpson, as hes more comfortable on the ball and can play more positions if needed too

not like that penalty has changed my mind on him, i just dont think he is a premier league quality player, i agree he is versatile, and i hope i am wrong about him, just would like to see him go on loan and gain some confidence, i cant recall seeing him ever have a good game for us personally, could be wrong, either way i hope i am wrong about him

24 minutes ago, Choppalcfc said:

not like that penalty has changed my mind on him, i just dont think he is a premier league quality player, i agree he is versatile, and i hope i am wrong about him, just would like to see him go on loan and gain some confidence, i cant recall seeing him ever have a good game for us personally, could be wrong, either way i hope i am wrong about him

tbf he put in some decent performances over the last couple of year, Swansea a season or so back and when we beat Man City when Vardy got a hat trick.

though tbf to him hes never really got a good run of games in the team, always seem to get odd 2/3 in a row then is took out the team, personally i think he is a premier league player, as you said, I think at times he looks like he needs that bit of confidence and that, even shown from the coaching staff in a way, 

though it certainly wouldnt do him any harm in going out on loan in the Championship, but that would leave us a player light, 

and if we brought in a kid from the U23's and he did crap, some wouldnt want them near the first team ever again...........and the cycle continues

• Like 2

I've said it before, but this lad just does not look an intuitive player. He looks unsure, nervous and at times clueless. This will only improve by playing lots more regular football and developing confidence/knowledge. If he doesn't go out on loan soon his career will disappear down the pan. It is fair to say his development has already stalled. One more season on our bench/ periphery and he will do well to ever establish himself even in the championship.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...