Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Danny Amartey

On 05/07/2018 at 16:43, Ozwin said:

He’s got no future here tbh. If we’re pushing for top 8 he’s well below what’s needed for me. 

personally think he's a very good young player and could easily have a long future with us.

6 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He will go to pasture, if not already. He should force a move for his own development. Warming our bench is totally arresting his development and will ultimately dictate his career. In a way it's sad as he could grow, but not here.

how-about-no.jpg

He has all the right physical tools, and he is calm with the ball at his feet. Maybe the right spot for him, in the modern day of football, is at centerback. Look at what England did with Kyle Walker at the World Cup. In fact, he even plays at centerback for Ghana, and did the same for Copenhagen. 

If we decide to go to three at the back, he might be a decent option. 

• Like 2

I would not sell Danny at this point. Loan him out to a good side in the Championship for a year and the worst case scenario is he comes back a much more confident and better player and then we can flog him for 15m if we don’t have room for him. 

To sell him now would just be bad business. Remember we don’t need the money right now. If we get his wages paid then that can go to Harry or another incoming player. The most we will get in a sale right  is probably 6m. 

• Like 4

Interest from Stoke, apparently: https://ghanaguardian.com/stoke-city-lead-swansea-and-west-brom-in-race-to-sign-daniel-amartey?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=twitter_autopost&utm_campaign=twitter-post&utm_content=latest-posts

I see this has been reported before, but there seem to be a few more mutterings about it, so who knows. I think we have higher priority players to move on personally, and would like him to stay.

Edited by rachhere
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/07/2018 at 04:32, Worthington said:

Can't think of one ….

So far as loans go, other teams' players are 'average' here, then thrive back with the 'parent' club … (Kane, Lingard etc) ...

The polar opposite seems to be the case when we loan out our players !!:)

Matt piper and Mansfield was the last time I remember ?‍♂️

Thought he looked ‘nervy’ last night and maybe Simpson would have done better, Ricardo will be at right back for the Wolves game hopefully. Amartey should be kept as he is decent enough to cover a few positions but not a regular starter unfortunately...