Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Danny Amartey

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

lol

I have never and will never, ever understand the Amartey ‘love-in’ on this forum. 

Its perplexed me so much that I wonder if it’s all a big wind-up?

Agreed, didn’t see him or haven’t seen him play well except for the game against Porto when he played in centre midfield 

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

lol

I have never and will never, ever understand the Amartey ‘love-in’ on this forum. 

I wouldn’t be bothered if he left but I’m saying he’s not a bad player who can play a few positions he’s someone we need if we get injuries. Love-in is a bit strong for someone who I think is a good squad player.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

lol

I'm not sure it's a love-in, it's just a case of people defending him against some very harsh criticism on the grounds that he's fairly young, he's shown promise here and there, it was a hard ask for him to step in for Kante and he's still learning his current position. At times he's been singled out when there are other more obvious culprits to go after. I'm not sure that's the case based on Friday's game because he was certainly quite poor, there's no denying that, but even then you could point out that Silva - who's a much older, more experienced and costly squad member, in a far more pivotal position - was equally disappointing. In other words, there are more reasons you can think of to stick up for Amartey, at times, than there are for some of the players who, perhaps, don't get quite as much stick as he does. I wouldn't call it a love-in.

But going back to the original point (that he should be moved on), personally I'd keep him because he's shown that he can be a useful stand-in, if nothing more, and he's a better fit for Puel's game than one of the obvious alternatives. I'd be happier if Soyuncu could be switched to RB and proved to be as good, in a position where his bombscare moments do less harm, as he's cracked up to be. Or if one of the other attacking midfield options stepped up to the extent that Pereira could take up that role. But if none of those things happen, and we don't switch to a back three, then I wouldn't be surprised to see Amartey grow into the role.

• Like 3

I find I can't disagree too much with @Col city fan  on his posts over Amartey,and Amartey hasn't made it easy for himself.

And he has had a few good games in a city shirt,but has been found wanting in a few.

But...!  At 23, he has time to turn it around.I won't yet get on his case,transfer window gone so he's not going anywhere...

I actually believe he can still deliver,it's up to him now to show inner strength,and hold up and fight his case.

He's drank at a couple of last chance saloons

If Puel still wants to show faith in him,and build a group of defenders and  utility players,then it is his choice.

I accept the whole package,for this new season, the good,bad and ugly,plus hopefully a positive coaches Nous.

Some on here they believe they know better,than Puel and  more in the the right  on gameday team selections and the

Players who should be subs.....Ya Right..!!.

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Was you at the game? he was brilliant only one performance mind but hes got a lot to offer just difficult for him playing different positions. Great back up player.

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

lol

lol Due to the lack of an answer, we can only assume that @Col city fan was not at the game.

FWIW Armartey is nowhere near good enough IMO.

2 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

2.5 years and some on here still give it 'he just needs more time' nonsense lol

Amartey played a whopping eight matches last season, and missed out the rest of it mostly due to injury.

Of course, it's going to take time to find back into your game.

Kept a clean sheet in three of those matches, one of them being the 0-0 at Chelsea with ten men on the pitch.

One of the two defeats he was involved in was the heroic 2-1 away loss at Liverpool (after being 1-0 up early on).

And before that, he mostly played as a defensive midfielder in 2016/2017.

Cut the guy some slack.

Or else continue with your ignorant superficial rant. :appl:

• Thanks 2

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

Can't wait for Danneh to score a cracker at home against Wolves just to shut up all the panicky reactionaries in this thread.

If he's seriously on the pitch I'll be wondering what is going on, we surely haven't spent 100million to see Amartey at right back all season? If he is I'll just take a performance that doesn't involve him doing something so stupid it gives the opposition a goal.

Problem is he's just not very good, clumsy in defence and offers virtually nothing going forward. If he's anything he's a defensive midfielder.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

If he's seriously on the pitch I'll be wondering what is going on, we surely haven't spent 100million to see Amartey at right back all season? If he is I'll just take a performance that doesn't involve him doing something so stupid it gives the opposition a goal.

Problem is he's just not very good, clumsy in defence and offers virtually nothing going forward. If he's anything he's a defensive midfielder.

Well, I suppose the coaching staff see something in him at right-back, or else they would've sent him out on loan.

Pre-season matches have shown he can do the job - and that he can cross, as well.

Or maybe we were actively looking for another right-back, but couldn't find one in time? Also keep in mind that Simpson still needs to find a club to join, so as long as he's on our books (on a fair bit of dough), there's little room to maneuver on that position and Simpson will remain an emergency option.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

If you had watched him before, yes. Too much to ask?

I’ve seen him play loads of times. How many times did he get a cross in against Utd? Did he give a penalty away ? 

When Pereira moved to RB did he set Vardy up?

He’s shit

3 minutes ago, mod hero said:

I’ve seen him play loads of times. How many times did he get a cross in against Utd? Did he give a penalty away ? 

When Pereira moved to RB did he set Vardy up?

He’s shit

So you base your negative opinion of him on one game, the first this season? Even though you claim you've seen him play before at right-back last season (where he did well)?

That's just slagging off a player for the sake of it.

7 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

2.5 years and some on here still give it 'he just needs more time' nonsense lol

Not nonsense.

there has been mitigating circumstances,as they say....plus transfer is over...Only loan a real possibility, but.......

of the players,who are on the so called fring,....Amartey at worst for this season,can still be used for,Bline,and midfield cover.

If by January,he can't make any headway or take his last chance,then in that transfer-window,he should be seen as

Access-to-requirements..

Why bother to go on individual witch-hunts,...This season especially will see,youngsters being given ago,while other players will naturally

drift out of management favour. In the past some have indeed drifted out,while others have turned it around.I

Anyone on this forum bothering or worrying about wages...would be nonsense also silly,because the real relevant people at city,will be well aware..