Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Danny Amartey

14 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Genuine question; are there any good examples of us sending a player out on loan, for them to return and produce the goods for us, consistently?

We've never really been in the position to have players with prospective quality, we've sent them out and they've done alright. A number of have done so last year, and we need to review whether or not they deserve their place in whatever new system we are going to implement. It may be a case as our academy develops with pace that we can attract more prospects and have a stronger loan system in place to help with development.

• Like 4

Sometimes you just have to be straight with a player and tell them he needs to play games to develop his own career. 

He’s so raw in some ways. He needs to play football for his own sake. They are good parts there without a doubt but like a Kramaric, not quite ready for regular PL football

12 minutes ago, woznotwos said:

Maybe with 4 at the back with flying backs and 2 holding midfielders to slot in to cover , Amartey might be very useful as one of those holding midfielders ?

Ndidi will need someone who's able to transition the ball from defence to attack next to him, having 2 'stoppers' rarely works.

Edited by OhYesNdidi

He could be cover for RB, CB, CM or even right wing back if we go with 3 CB’s. Plus he seems like a nice bloke with a good team-player attitude.

Then again if he was sent out on loan I don’t think he’s done enough yet (through lack of opportunity) to prove he’s above Championship level. Wouldn’t be against a loan to one of those teams but honestly would rather keep. His contract must be getting quite short, no?

For me Amartey has all the requirements to be a top player, and he’s still very young. Not saying getting rid would be a mistake on the Chelsea level of DeBruyne, Lukaku, Salah etc, but I do believe it would be a mistake. 

A decebt loan which will push him forward would would be good for all. 

• Like 1

Just sell him. There's no purpose to a loan. He's been tried in midfield and rb and clearly nobody at the club rates him at CB. He's had chances and is bang average. 

14 hours ago, toddybad said:

Just sell him. There's no purpose to a loan. He's been tried in midfield and rb and clearly nobody at the club rates him at CB. He's had chances and is bang average. 

But a loan is the answer for every player here on FT.

• Like 1

On 07/07/2018 at 13:11, toddybad said:

Nah loan him to a newly promoted team in the prem. If he does well we can sell him for a lot of profit next summer if we don’t want to keep him. 

Edited by Shane

I’d be tempted to keep Amartey. He is still young and he can’t be burning a hole in the club’s wage budget. He didnt cost much and I can’t imagine he’d command that high of a wage.

He had an excellent spell last season, and was unfortunate to get injured. Seem to remember in the Cup game against Liverpool, he was one of our better players. 

Edited by dormelcfc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dormelcfc said:

I’d be tempted to keep Amartey. He is still young and he can’t be burning a hole in the club’s wage budget. He didnt cost much and I can’t imagine he’d command that high of a wage.

He had an excellent spell last season, and was unfortunate to get injured. Seem to remember in the Cup game against Liverpool, he was one of our better players. 

Could be me but I think you might be thinking of the league cup game at home to Leeds where he was absolutely faultless.

He was doing more than steadily at right back before he crocked himself against Bournemouth (think it was them, anyway). 

On 05/07/2018 at 20:22, FoxinNotts said:

Genuine question; are there any good examples of us sending a player out on loan, for them to return and produce the goods for us, consistently?

Someone mentioned Schlupp, but there aren't too many more from recent times, unless you count some of the youngsters sent out for a taste of football (Moore, Chilwell and so on).

Years back there were a few examples, Kevin Russell and Tony Cottee being the first to spring to mind. Mendy might be in with a shot this year too.