Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Danny Amartey

Good utility player for when we needed him.

But then again, we now have more than one right-back and more than two centre backs who aren't cropped or just rubbish. 

The CM position is oversubscribed so yeah, gerrimout (on loan).

Edited by RoboFox

6 minutes ago, Worthington said:

Forest fan I know reckons there's interest being mentioned in those parts !!

He's far too good for the Championship.

I'd see somewhere like the French league as being perfect for his development.

He is just one of the many players we could do with clearing out. Let’s face it; he’s never going to be a regular starting player for us. We have better options at right-back, centre-back, and midfield. A move is best for both parties.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

He is just one of the many players we could do with clearing out. Let’s face it; he’s never going to be a regular starting player for us. We have better options at right-back, centre-back, and midfield. A move is best for both parties.

The thing is, I think he's quite content with not being a starter for us and just being a squad player - seems to have a King attitude rather than a Bogarde attitude. And, given he's young, this could really bring him on.

I still see him having potential as a CB, so loaning him out for a season and then coming back to replace Morgan next Summer as our 3rd/4th choice CB, makes a lot of sense to me. 

He seems to have a great attitude and enthusiasm for the game, and I can see him being a good character to have around the place, so I would be disappointed if we sold him now. We also wouldn't get much for him and so I think a season long loan makes sense for everyone involved.

He gets valuable game time (as a CB hopefully!) and we get to see how he does playing week in week out. We can then make a call on selling him next summer, or keeping him on and having him as 3rd/4th choice CB, which I actually think he could be capable of. He's still young for a CB too and has many raw ingredients to succeed. 

• Like 2

Odd one this, I still think there's a player in there, just needs game time. I've just got back from Denmark visiting my girlfriend's family and her brother reckons he's one of the best CM's they (FC Copenhagen) have ever had. Granted it's the Danish league but it's food for thought.

He is a bit of an enigma for me. 

Could be an excellent defensive right back, but Puel wants his right backs to go forward. He has the athletic ability to go forward but he cannot cross at all. 

Could be a modern and new style centre back, but he has not played there enough. Also not the strongest. He has decent pace though, and can pass a ball well with confidence. He also is not the tallest.

He is not a good enough attacking player to play as a centre mid and he is not a great consistent passer for a centre mid. 

One thing is certain and that is he needs to find his best position and obtain week in week out football. 

We would need to sign a third centre back if we loan him out. Cannot rely on Morgan. 

Hmmm if he is going out on loan, i’m  wondering which promoted team would be best for his development?

Wolves - They play 3 at the back, so he’d be surplus to requirements at RWB. He might get into their back 3, but they have already have Coady, Boley and also their club captain for their CB positions. Think he’d have to work his way into the team.

Cardiff - Playing in a low block might help his defensive qualities. You need good positioning, awareness and intelligence to succeed in a low block - all qualities Amartey currently lacks. But Warnock will drill those qualities into him, the nasty bugger.

Fulham - They set up similar to Puel’s style of play. That could be a good thing for Amartey’s development, as he’d be able to get used to the tactics of a similar system to Puel’s.

Conclusion - Definitely not Wolves. You’d expect them to sign another CB if they haven’t already, not just Amartey. Fulham makes the most sense stylistically but although they’re positive with the ball, it’s not Amartey’s on the ball ability i’m worried about.  

I’d actually like to see him at Cardiff. He needs to improve his defensive qualities and quite frankly, his footballing brain. What better way than in a team who’s playing with their backs to the wall and throwing bodies on the line, week in week out.

1 minute ago, Worthington said:

Can't think of one ….

So far as loans go, other teams' players are 'average' here, then thrive back with the 'parent' club … (Kane, Lingard etc) ...

The polar opposite seems to be the case when we loan out our players !!:)

That’s what I was thinking ?