Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Danny Amartey

9 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Thought he looked ‘nervy’ last night and maybe Simpson would have done better, Ricardo will be at right back for the Wolves game hopefully. Amartey should be kept as he is decent enough to cover a few positions but not a regular starter unfortunately...

He’s really not good enough though. People often see him as a useful utility player but he hasn’t impressed in any position for me, hence why he can’t hold onto a regular spot. This guy needs to go on loan to the championship and get regular football in his preferred position. 

• Like 4

Puel will persevere with him, dropping him now would wipe any ounce of confidence he may have built up pre-season. 

He'll come good, learn from the mistake and we'll say towards the end of the season remember Amartey's handball at Old Trafford, ah memories, now look at him . . .

• Like 1

What is his “preferred” position?

I’m fine with having utility players, if they’re first team standard. 

However, wouldn’t be all just rather have a decent right full back? 

He isnt going to play CB or CM, as we’re loaded with much better options. 

He’s a bomb scare and a liability to the team. Even before last night.

I'd say he's inconsistent. One performance people are raving about how much he's improved and come along and the next they are slating him after the first game of the season. It was a careless mistake but don't crucify the kid. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, srex9 said:

I'd say he's inconsistent. One performance people are raving about how much he's improved and come along and the next they are slating him after the first game of the season. It was a careless mistake but don't crucify the kid. 

This isn’t Sunday League football, this is the Premiership. ‘Careless mistakes’ aren’t acceptable. Do you want to see the team you support win or lose? If it’s the former, why on earth be so forgiving? It’s not as though the player has only just joined the club or having his initiation into the division.

Having a few bevvies and a curry last night with my mates and we were all in agreement we have absolutely no idea why Amartey is anywhere near the first 11, other than due to injuries to other players.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

This isn’t Sunday League football, this is the Premiership. ‘Careless mistakes’ aren’t acceptable. Do you want to see the team you support win or lose? If it’s the former, why on earth be so forgiving? It’s not as though the player has only just joined the club or having his initiation into the division.

Having a few bevvies and a curry last night with my mates and we were all in agreement we have absolutely no idea why Amartey is anywhere near the first 11, other than due to injuries to other players.

I never said it was Sunday league football but mistakes happen at any level. If you want any player or team to function well and play without fear and with freedom you can't drop a player after 1 mistake, in 1 game. I agree I wouldn't have Amartey in the starting 11 but then I wouldn't have started him in the first place. My point was that people are far too fickle. I do think he's a valuable member of the squad that has improved, just not enough to start.

Edited by srex9
Typo

On 11/08/2018 at 09:43, mod hero said:

Doesn’t really get forward. Simpson would’ve been much better for a defender who stays in position.

Riccardo will play right back next game

Obviously haven't seen Amartey neither on Friday, nor during pre-season. Guy can play right-back and he can cross.

When your side's average age is 24.8 (our youngest top flight side since the 1980s) there are always going to be mistakes, especially away at Manchester United! Amartey is 23, he didn't play much last year and has previously shown promise in the RB slot, a position he's still learning. A lot of people's dislike of him is based on how he under-performed, as anyone would have, as a replacement for N'Golo Kante. He was poor but I'm not sure we should be crucifying him just yet, especially when there were other serious errors being made by far more experienced players (see Silva).

I maintain that there's potential. His short-range and one-touch passing are both decent, he's strong, he's tall in a very short side and he's quick in a fairly slow defence.

Personally he wouldn't be in my starting eleven, but I can see that if Pereira returns to right back then we're going to have to take a punt on someone else who will, undoubtedly, make mistakes when they take Pereira's place in the attacking three of our midfield. Perhaps we should have looked for more options there, perhaps one from Diabate, Albrighton and Ghezzal can step in, perhaps Soyuncu or even Simpson could do a job at RB. I don't know. But Amartey's inclusion isn't nearly as daft as some of you make out, and lots of fans prior to the game seemed to agree with his selection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

He’s a player that looks good with more game time. I like him, can anyone remember I think it was last season against Swansea at home he played in the middle and it was like having a new kante. 

A new Kante...

What on earth are people on here on!?

I want some of it....

lol

Just now, Col city fan said:

A new Kante...

What on earth are people on here on!?

I want some of it....

lol

Was you at the game? he was brilliant only one performance mind but hes got a lot to offer just difficult for him playing different positions. Great back up player.

Seem to remember there was a moment where he was shielding the ball against the touch line and Rashford just easily took it from him, shouldn't be making it that easy for the opposition as a "supposed" top level footballer

8 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Was you at the game? he was brilliant only one performance mind but hes got a lot to offer just difficult for him playing different positions. Great back up player.

lol

I have never and will never, ever understand the Amartey ‘love-in’ on this forum. 

Its perplexed me so much that I wonder if it’s all a big wind-up?

Edited by Col city fan