Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Danny Amartey

Written by: Football Insider
EXCLUSIVE By Pete O’Rourke

West Bromwich Albion, Stoke City and Swansea City are locked in a three-club hunt to sign Leicester City midfielder Daniel Amartey, Football Insider sources understands.

The trio, who were relegated from the Premier League last season, have made approaches to Leicester about Amartey’s availability this summer as they look to strengthen their squads ahead of next season.

Amartey’s versatility in that he can play in both midfield and defence makes him an attractive proposition to West Brom, Stoke and Swansea as they aim to win promotion back to the Premier League at the first time of asking.

Ghana international Amartey has struggled to hold down a regular place in the Leicester side since joining in January 2016 midway through the club’s Premier League winning campaign.

Amartey made only 15 appearances in all competitions last season before missing the last two months of the campaign with a hamstring problem.

The 23-year-old could be interested in a move away from the King Power Stadium if his first-team chances are limited next season, but West Brom, Stoke and Swansea could face a fight to persuade him to swap the Premier League for the Championship.

1 minute ago, davieG said:

Written by: Football Insider
EXCLUSIVE By Pete O’Rourke

West Bromwich Albion, Stoke City and Swansea City are locked in a three-club hunt to sign Leicester City midfielder Daniel Amartey, Football Insider sources understands.

The trio, who were relegated from the Premier League last season, have made approaches to Leicester about Amartey’s availability this summer as they look to strengthen their squads ahead of next season.

Amartey’s versatility in that he can play in both midfield and defence makes him an attractive proposition to West Brom, Stoke and Swansea as they aim to win promotion back to the Premier League at the first time of asking.

Ghana international Amartey has struggled to hold down a regular place in the Leicester side since joining in January 2016 midway through the club’s Premier League winning campaign.

Amartey made only 15 appearances in all competitions last season before missing the last two months of the campaign with a hamstring problem.

The 23-year-old could be interested in a move away from the King Power Stadium if his first-team chances are limited next season, but West Brom, Stoke and Swansea could face a fight to persuade him to swap the Premier League for the Championship.

A full season on loan at any of them would do him well and then we monitor and decide keep or sell/release next summer. When is his contract up? 

• Like 2

I quite like Big Dan but I'd prefer we sell him rather than loan him, if we can get a buyer. He's 3rd choice RB, 5th choice CB and 5th or 6th CM. We need to shift some players out otherwise we're going to hit problems with FFP, not to mention that it's bad for morale/ team spirit to have too many players who never even make the 18 hanging around. 

• Like 2

Two years left on his contract and 24 in December.

He's never kicked on here and still remains a bits and pieces player and as a position goes he's a jack of all trades master of none. He could turn out a good player yet as I've always felt he's a late bloomer but unless Puel feels he's knocking on the door for a first team place I'd sell for at least our money back plus wages since he's been here so £8m would be break even for us.

I think he'd do well in the Championship playing week in week out.

I like the guy, and he had a couple of great cup performances last season. However I still feel he is a level down from where we should be aiming, so if someone is offering for him I say take it and look to upgrade. Thanks though Dan!!

This signing has been a shame. Amartey is a courageous player when he gets a run and his confidence is high but when it's not, well, we saw how quickly he picked up those two yellow cards against Manchester United.

I've watched him play a bit for Ghana, where he's often played as a RCB and looks strong in that position. We've forced him into a RB role, where he needs more time to develop. Credit to him, though, he seemed to put his head down and get to work at the training ground when he was healthy. I still think he can be a dependable player for a club that's willing to give him chances.

Edited by The_77
  • Like 3

A season long loan just to see how he looks with regular football would be great if possible as he is one of those players that you can't help but like, can't help but wish he'll come good.  I dunno, I just like ol' Dan for no real, definable reason.  X

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

A season long loan just to see how he looks with regular football would be great if possible as he is one of those players that you can't help but like, can't help but wish he'll come good.  I dunno, I just like ol' Dan for no real, definable reason.  X

Just sell him for anything north of the £6m we paid for him.

He's been here 2.5 years and never made a position his own or forced his way into the first team. At some point you have to say enough is enough for a player who came here with potential and hasn't moved any further on and is 24 in December. If you can get your money back on what has bottom line been an unsuccessful transfer then getting your money back is good business and maybe we replace him with another £6m 21 year old who has potential.

I feel a lot of our fans are scared to death to sell anyone apart from absolute deadwood in case they improve after leaving us. There were plenty on here wanting to give Musa another crack after his World Cup exploits. If you have faith in your recruitment as a club selling fringe players should be seen as a positive.

Just now, Gerard said:

Just sell him for anything north of the £6m we paid for him.

He's been here 2.5 years and never made a position his own or forced his way into the first team. At some point you have to say enough is enough for a player who came here with potential and hasn't moved any further on and is 24 in December. If you can get your money back on what has bottom line been an unsuccessful transfer then getting your money back is good business and maybe we replace him with another £6m 21 year old who has potential.

I feel a lot of our fans are scared to death to sell anyone apart from absolute deadwood in case they improve after leaving us. There were plenty on here wanting to give Musa another crack after his World Cup exploits. If you have faith in your recruitment as a club selling fringe players should be seen as a positive.

I agree completely, and happy to sell him I just feel maybe "one last chance" to see how he would do with actual proper game time. If he does not make any waves in the Championship then happy to sell, even if we do lose a million on his price tag.  X

3 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I quite like Big Dan but I'd prefer we sell him rather than loan him, if we can get a buyer. He's 3rd choice RB, 5th choice CB and 5th or 6th CM. We need to shift some players out otherwise we're going to hit problems with FFP, not to mention that it's bad for morale/ team spirit to have too many players who never even make the 18 hanging around. 

If we are truly getting 40 million for Musa, I don’t think we need to worry about FFP

*plus the 60 million we just got for Mahrez

Edited by MPH

1 minute ago, LCFC FOX said:

Would sooner have him as our back up RB and let Simpson leave to be honest 

I think @themightyfin indicated Simpson was linked with Cardiff a few weeks ago but we've heard nothing since.

Perhaps we let both Simpson and Amartey go and cover for Pereira would be Albrighton for attacking or that Djene Dakonam we've been linked with when more defensive? Probably not but just a thought as bringing Dakonam in and getting rid of Simpson and Amartey really improves the squad whilst getting rid of number and we'd have three quality centre halves.

Mixed feelings about this. He came to us very raw. On the occasion he was given a run in midfield due to injuries, he gained confidence and grew in stature only to be replaced when the injured got fit. At right back after a shakey start he did well there also. Never ever have I heard a bad word against him and what little I hear is that he's an absolute grafter.

He seems a very genuine likeable young man. Therefore if there's no intention to play him then sadly, and in his own best interests, we owe it to him to release him and get his career kickstarted. It's a cut throat game I know but there's nothing wrong in doing the right thing if you possibly can. 

• Like 2

He came on and did a job the year we won the league, but even then he didn’t look like a great footballer. He offered energy and showed he could retain possession but somehow still looked very uneasy at CM. I don’t think he’s a player who’ll help us kick on. Hopefully he can find a move and help him have a decent career in the Premier League eventually. Unfortunately I can’t see that being with us.