Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Croatia V England Semi Final Wednesday 11th July 19:00 KO

Imagine playing five Tottenham players in a match, who have all been shit for a majority of the Tottenham, can't cope with pressure, and collapse when all goes to shit, bar Trippier.

"We need goals. So let's keep Kane,  Alli + Sterling on for as long as possible, even though they've been shithouse since the Panama match. 

And we'll keep Rashford and Vardy on the bench until the game is out of reach."

Masterstroke. Exposed. Overrated. Outplayed. Guttering.

• Like 1

Guest ttfn
1 minute ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Got what we deserved tbh.

Should have brought Vardy on when we were leading and there was space in behind. Rashford was no more effective than Sterling.

Rashford was nowhere near as effective as Sterling. They’re not in the same bracket as players.

1 minute ago, Buce said:

How about some realism here?

Beaten by the first decent side we faced.

True but that's not our fault.

I don't think that anyone thinks were a great team, we got a great draw and the best chance we've had since 66.

Simply didn’t perform on the day we needed it. Too many not on their game; I include Alli again, KANE, Lingard, Henderson. I exclude Sterling who had his best game and the full backs did ok. Walker and Stones frailties showed. If you perform like we did against a tired Croatia you don’t deserve it.

It was completely obvious where and why we lost that match. It’s not down to individuals and anyone playing badly and all that bollox. We should have just put it to bed by half time.  We gave them a bit of hope by only being one up at half time....and they took their chance.

We’ll never have a better chance than tonight and unfortunately we’ve not had the killer instinct.

Edited by Col city fan

Just now, SecretPro said:

Boys gave it their best, applause all round BUT did get a sense of spurs bottling it today, I thought Kane was genuinely dreadful tonight. 

Thought Trippier had an outstanding game but yes Kane was especially awful tonight but he has been poor all tournament for me 

if Vardy had played like Kane did tonight he would be absolutely ripped to shreds 

1 minute ago, possiblygeorge said:

Imagine playing five Tottenham players in a match, who have all been shit for a majority of the Tottenham, can't cope with pressure, and collapse when all goes to shit, bar Trippier.

"We need goals. So let's keep Kane,  Alli + Sterling on for as long as possible, even though they've been shithouse since the Panama match. 

Hahahahahahahahahah I have to log out now.

1 minute ago, possiblygeorge said:

Oh fvck off. We got to the semis, with tottenham players. We're England put the petty one sided rivalry away.

• Like 3

Well it's been quite a journey, never thought we'd get this far I thought we'd go out in the group stage.

Congratulations to each and every one of them. Yes we should have taken our chances in the first half but I have no complaint with the result. They were the better team ultimately. Won the midfield battle.

It's hard to be too critical of Gareth...I think he's not been decisive enough at times and I think we left ourselves really short of midfield options. But we'll be quite a team in 4 years time with a bit more nous and a bit more experience.

• Like 1