Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Got to laugh at BT trying to talk up Man Utd's result / performance like it was good. You could forgive someone like Burnley. This is Manchester United and they're now apparently happy to lose at home without a shot on target?

They've scored one goal at Old Trafford all campaign and that was against Young Boys.

They're garbage. Really do think Solskjaer's gone by Christmas.

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

They've scored one goal at Old Trafford all campaign and that was against Young Boys.

They're garbage. Really do think Solskjaer's gone by Christmas

It's probably not what you're aiming at but attributing Utd's lack of goals earlier in the campaign can't be laid at Solskjaer's door... 

Don't even think you can blame ole (or Jose for that matter) for utd being so piss poor. Full of overpriced garbage and players that seem to turn up when they feel like it. When you compare their squad to the other top 6, it's shocking how many of them get into another side.

17 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Don't even think you can blame ole (or Jose for that matter) for utd being so piss poor. Full of overpriced garbage and players that seem to turn up when they feel like it. When you compare their squad to the other top 6, it's shocking how many of them get into another side.

Jose you definitely can given the amounts he spent. 

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Got to laugh at BT trying to talk up Man Utd's result / performance like it was good. You could forgive someone like Burnley. This is Manchester United and they're now apparently happy to lose at home without a shot on target?

They're garbage. Really do think Solskjaer's gone by Christmas.

I was watching just before half time and McManaman was saying how poor Barcelona had been etc, without mentioning they were winning the game. As Scouse said, they are playing for a lot of trophies at the moment and won't go full pelt into every match yet still faced no shots on target away from home (and their recent away record in the knockout rounds has been desperate). 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Jose you definitely can given the amounts he spent. 

I dunno. I don't think his signings were that bad. Only when you look back from now do they seem somewhat dodgy. 

At the time, any team would have taken sanchez, don't think anybody expected him to turn invisible. 

Matic one of (imo) best defensive mids in this league. 

Every man and his dog was raving about Bailey when signed. 

Lindelof is probably their best cb currently. Not bad at all for £30ish mill

Pogba can be great and at the very least they will probably recoup the money when/if he's sold on. 

Only flops really are that Dortmund winger who went to arsenal. Fred, obviously. And Lukaku who is up for debate. Dalot is too young to judge, although he has potential. :dunno:

Can't remember if I'm missing anyone. 

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

It's probably not what you're aiming at but attributing Utd's lack of goals earlier in the campaign can't be laid at Solskjaer's door... 

No of course it can't, although I do think he's ultimately patched a wound and he won't last there. The parallels to Shakespeare are uncanny. Only difference is no-one's ever actually proven our players downed tools while Pogba's practically admitted it.

5 hours ago, Corky said:

I was watching just before half time and McManaman was saying how poor Barcelona had been etc, without mentioning they were winning the game. As Scouse said, they are playing for a lot of trophies at the moment and won't go full pelt into every match yet still faced no shots on target away from home (and their recent away record in the knockout rounds has been desperate). 

It's all to pander to the glory hunters watching it to try and reassure them everything's alright. It's pathetic. If that last night was acceptable for Manchester United then how can people call them a superpower club with a straight face?

We gave Atletico a far better game than that at home in that round. We actually made them sweat. Barcelona were in total control all game really.

24 minutes ago, StanSP said:

@Finnegan @Izzy

Barcelona vs Man Utd tonight yeah? 

Messi masterclass beats a Ronaldo one for me... 

Yeah man. Gotta be Barca v Utd for me.

Expecting Barca to be at least 2-0 up at half time then see how Juve v Ajax is going.

Would love Utd to turn it around but can’t see it happening...

Watching Juve v Ajax out of hope more than expectation. I've absolutely loved watching Ajax this year but can't see them progressing any further. Tagliafico a big miss and his replacement looks like he's just been cropped.

Manyoo updates would be greatly appreciated! I hope Messi dicks em.