Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Qwerty

Clappers not on seats!

It was already 'pick one up if you want one', they'd just been delivered to your seat. A steward didn't come round and force it into your hands.

I think everyone expecting us to turn into Besiktas now fewer people have them are going to be disappointed. What'll happen is it will just be even worse than it was last season with more audible moaning.

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

It was already 'pick one up if you want one', they'd just been delivered to your seat. A steward didn't come round and force it into your hands.

I think everyone expecting us to turn into Besiktas now fewer people have them are going to be disappointed. What'll happen is it will just be even worse than it was last season with more audible moaning.

I fear you may be correct - an awful lot of people can't be arsed.

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

Alternatively, the people moaning we have no songs, or they can't hear the words. may now be able to lean them as they won't be instantly drowned out by some repetitive clacking sound.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Alternatively, the people moaning we have no songs, or they can't hear the words. may now be able to lean them as they won't be instantly drowned out by some repetitive clacking sound.

Lets get some song sheets printed like they used to at the F A Cup finals

Guest Markyblue

Once the clappers are gone what's the next thing to be blamed. Because I fear the ground will be even more like a library. Win and they shall sing .lose and they will stay quiet. Modern football not filbo in the past when hundreds of young lads stood together. "And quite a few ladies ".

32 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Once the clappers are gone what's the next thing to be blamed. Because I fear the ground will be even more like a library. Win and they shall sing .lose and they will stay quiet. Modern football not filbo in the past when hundreds of young lads stood together. "And quite a few ladies ".

Plenty of quiet games at Filbo,

You're correct though play attacking, exciting, clever football and the fans will be out of their seats. Clappers or no clappers it makes no difference.

2 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Eh? People aren't using their clappers when they're moaning. They're only ever used when a song actually gets going, and then they drown out the singing most of the time.

33 minutes ago, davieG said:

Plenty of quiet games at Filbo,

You're correct though play attacking, exciting, clever football and the fans will be out of their seats. Clappers or no clappers it makes no difference.

Exactly.

We're no different to most grounds. The atmosphere usually represents what is happening on the pitch. 

The first few games in the Premier League were fantastic (Everton, Arsenal and Man United) We didn't have clappers but they were exciting games so the atmosphere matched.

The noise when Chris Wood scored v Everton was as loud as anything I have experienced at the KP. My head hurt after lol

9 hours ago, foxtillidrop said:

Why so much negativity towards clappers?

Certain that our form improved significantly following intro of clappers v west ham when cambo scored....

Agree. Much as many seem to dislike them they generate atmosphere from parts of the ground who don't sing esp west stand. 

When we played crap at points last season the atmosphere was quiet.

Another idea would be printing some (obviously non swearing) songs on one side of the clappers. 

7 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

I'd get rid of them entirely but this seems a sensible first move. 

There must be thousands of people like me that don't use them at all, it's so wasteful if nothing else. 

But presumably they’ll still need to make enough for everyone, just in case everyone wants one.  It’ll save on staff time putting them on seats, but they’ll have to employ staff to hand the out.  I have young kids who love the clappers, so they’re a bit disappointed 

Why do people feel that songs will catch on around the ground without the clappers when they rarely did before, what's changed. Most times you can't hear what the other end is singing and when did L1 ever sing the same stuff as the kop at the same time?

You only get all stadium support when there's something exciting happening on the pitch with or without the clappers.

I'm bemused by the idea.

7 hours ago, Everygamefox said:

When I get to my seat I throw the clapper to the floor aggressively to show my disgust.

stand up, use your hands and sing!!!!!!

you're from Manchester! The only thing you do aggressively up there is the way you zip up your parker jackets and the way you chew gum!

Edited by MPH