Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Chris Mepham

Don’t see anything wrong with this at all. We need a centre-back and being only 20, he might be willing to bide his time a little more than Gibson with the likes of Maguire, Evans etc in front of him. Get it done. 

• Like 4

Just now, Frost said:

Where's this come from? Can't see it anywhere. Professional League Apps = 21 and we're offering £15m? Interesting. Every footballer must be worth £10m now.

As Bournemouth have already had 2 bids rejected, the last being £10m it's not quite as outrageous as the Ward bid.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

He has been raved about, along with that Worrall at Forest. Before anyone moans why didn't we go for Mawson or Gibson for the price but perhaps we want an equally promising defender who won't expect to start this season, I know that might be strange to some but does happen.

I'd rather this kind of gem to replace the likes of Benny and or Morgan once he's done, good business if true 

• Like 1

It's the sort of signing that makes sense considering our squad, buying people like Mawson is great until you have a very pissed off player not playing.  Younger lads or ones winding down their careers, are happier to play second fiddle a bit more.

• Like 3

Just now, Ric Flair said:

As Bournemouth have already had 2 bids rejected, the last being £10m it's not quite as outrageous as the Ward bid.

Appreciate that but it's still ridiculous. Must've been seriously impressive when he's played.

I'm not convinced we've paid £12.5m upfront for Ward either (that or I just don't want to believe it).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

It's the sort of signing that makes sense considering our squad, buying people like Mawson is great until you have a very pissed off player not playing.  Younger lads or ones winding down their careers, are happier to play second fiddle a bit more.

Absolutely, said so mesen a few posts above. Obviously had we got Mawson or Gibson I'd have been delighted but I've read a few bits this year about this lad being the business.