Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Chris Mepham

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ashley does get info every so often, usually spot on with kit info.

Not questioning the validity Ric, just saying that unless it's substantiated, it shouldn't have its own thread. Don't get that for other ITK's

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Absolutely, said so mesen a few posts above. Obviously had we got Mawson or Gibson I'd have been delighted but I've read a few bits this year about this lad being the business.

Just looked on their forum and they think he's mustard... lots of "wouldn't even consider it unless the bids £20m" posts Looks a big lad as well. 

• Like 2

This would be a good signing and think it'll happen regardless, we need some cover and getting a promising young player in will be spot on. Would like to see Elder or Johnson go in the other direction on loan for the experience 

• Like 1

Read up on him a bit.

Was a Chelsea youth for 5 years and then released as others were said to be ahead of him.

Was on trial for 6 weeks at Watford but they called him in and said they couldn't see much to work with.. 

Then a trial at his boyhood club QPR who also thought he wasn't worth a go..

He pretty much gave up and ended up in Sunday league but was then spotted by a Brentford scout and seems to have progressed a lot since then. 

How much so, is harder to say as he's played less than half a season of games at Championship level. 

Likened to Stones in his style though and obviously Bournemouth like what they see.

Would prefer Gibson or Dragovic at this kind of money, but I see the argument for investing in youth to develop etc 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Can I just say that is incredible ****ing harsh on Brentford on the eve of the season!

(And my bet on them as outsiders ?

I'm sure they can do something with 15 big ones that makes them feel better. 

4 minutes ago, Hitesh said:

This would be a good signing and think it'll happen regardless, we need some cover and getting a promising young player in will be spot on. Would like to see Elder or Johnson go in the other direction on loan for the experience 

Johnson cannot go out on loan as he is on a weekly contract:unsure: