Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
truebluethroughandthrough

Spurs new stadium has spursy - Delayed

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

Me and my mates would be happy to drink in the concourses before home games if the beer was decent and cheap, it's neither. Almost guaranteed the atmosphere would be better if it was £3.50 a pint for even standard lager selections, Amstel, Kronenbourg, Carling etc.

The club refuse to listen on local stuff as well, I'd love to have a pint of Sunchaser and pork pie at the ground but the club are more interested in "global ______ partner", football clubs should be first and foremost a bastion of local culture.

Oh yes, definitely. I’ve moaned for a long while that pubs don’t sell pork pies.  

Mmmmm beer and pork pie.

9 hours ago, KingsX said:

10,000 pints a minute around the ground — a million over the whole match

That'd be the maximum capacity available, I doubt they'd sell more than 20,000 over the course of the game

53 minutes ago, Stadt said:

That'd be the maximum capacity available, I doubt they'd sell more than 20,000 over the course of the game

Get outta here with your Spursy low expectations. 

They put bars in that stadium with a gallons per minute capacity higher than the sewers of north London.  THAT is balling.  I am respecting THFC for the first time.

And having built an NFL stadium, I humbly suggest they adapt this piece of Americana to tote up the beer sales in real time.

MillionsSold.JPG.2cbc18b80b9c3b8de64f7271daa7a4e3.JPG

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Such a cringy opening ceremony! Imagine the scenes when Jeff Schlupp gets himself in the history books and scores the first goal at the new stadium ?

I'm so convinced that it's going to happen that I've had to stick a fiver on it!

15 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Love how we got Boccelli and they got the bloke from the Go Compare adverts 

yeah the opening ceremony was a bit cringe. The youth band probably would have been ok if you could hear them on the TV (maybe was better in the stadium).

Saw my Spurs supporting friend last night and she was full of it about the stadium. Despite the huge cost fans could get a "Pie and Pint" deal for £5 which is not too shabby.

They did run out of beer an hour before kick off though!

Edited by stripeyfox
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

4k under capacity last night. Normally crowds at new stadiums build before then levelling off. 

My hunch is that the corporate section of the stadium isn’t selling. 

For club what wanted largely crowds than Arsenal, it’s quite humbling this is occurring 

It looked like the fans in the stand behind the goal (the big one!) were standing for most of the game last night. Couldn't tell if it was the whole stand (but assume if the first dozen rows were, then all of those behind must be).

Seems like this is tolerated, and with that stand having the rails (for safe standing) it appeared it was de facto "safe standing" even if not officially.

43 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

It looked like the fans in the stand behind the goal (the big one!) were standing for most of the game last night. Couldn't tell if it was the whole stand (but assume if the first dozen rows were, then all of those behind must be).

Seems like this is tolerated, and with that stand having the rails (for safe standing) it appeared it was de facto "safe standing" even if not officially.

And just shows that even though fans were told about these areas and those wanting to stand bought tickets there, the atmosphere is still awful.  Fans here stand but often in silence, it sets us apart from every other country in the world, kind of weird when you think about it.

Edited by purpleronnie

6 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

And just shows that even though fans were told about these areas and those wanting to stand bought tickets there, the atmosphere is still awful.  We stand but often in silence, it sets us apart from every other country in the world, kind of weird when you think about it.

Yeah, actually I don't think it was the whole stand (just checked up on that)There is an unofficial standing section in the South Stand lower tier. Above that I think people were sitting.