Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

33 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Of course it's the target, but realistically we're a team that can flit between any of those midtable positions, season on season depending on how we and others perform. Some people on here talk like a top 10 finish isn't good enough, I don't know why it's like that now when finishing there under O'Neill was looked at like a minor miracle.

Everton are in my list because they have finished up there consistently more than the rest outside the top 6. (pic - last number is the league finish).

Our net spend is less than Brighton and Bournemouth since we won the league, we're investing more in the foundations so that we can be an Everton. A team that doesn't go down and that is fairly consistently the best of the rest. That might not sound good to some, but it's the next logical natural step without someone pumping in billions.

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 14.29.15.png

I guess I want to be better than the next Everton.... Bring out the billions please.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

I don't know what an hyperbola is and prefer to nitpick than to admit I said something a bit dumb.

I know.

2 hours ago, justfoxes said:

The CP appointment at the time when other quality managers were being linked with us was a real underwhelming appointment, he doesn’t actually fill you with confidence with the interviews he gives along with some of his footballing decisions!

I’m all for giving him a chance but how long is that, how long is before the board get a bit worried and pull out the trap door on CP’s tenure at Leicester?

I'm ITK and I have been told that with 10 more posts on FT about his interviews, he will be gone.

21 minutes ago, yks said:

I know.

I'm ITK and I have been told that with 10 more posts on FT about his interviews, he will be gone.

Y'know, what I said wasn't dumb or delusional - you just over-reacted with arrogance and self importance by name calling because you consider your opinion is superior to mine in some way. I don't really see the need to be like that to be honest mate. It's probably not a road you want to keep going down.

I think if we had got rid of Puel at the end of last season and had a better window under a different manager and not bought dross like Ghezzal we could be at least attempting to go for 5/6th place instead of playing Amartey and Morgan, not going three at the back, having curious subs and team selections and football that makes most people only not sleep because they are so angry the players are playing so far out of position it negates their ability to perform.

If we hadn't have capitulated in some of the games we have due to silly management decisions we wouldn't be far away from that kind of a position now. I think under a different manager 6th or maybe even 5th place right now would have been a possibility, certainly not a likely one but still a possibility. I'm willing to give him time but I think we all know how this ends.

3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

This is just a rehash I think from yesterdays Sun article about how the owners are not convinced by him.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7491511/claude-puel-fighting-for-leicester-future-and-still-trying-to-win-over-owners-despite-sitting-in-mid-table/

More like flicking through..foxestalk  forum..

4 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

This is just a rehash I think from yesterdays Sun article about how the owners are not convinced by him.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7491511/claude-puel-fighting-for-leicester-future-and-still-trying-to-win-over-owners-despite-sitting-in-mid-table/

Yep, looks like it ...   perhaps my main concern over CP is his ability to motivate ...    but still only in the back of my mind and overall not a real concern ..  at the moment.

Perhaps the guy who wrote the article in the Sun is a Arsenal fan and wants are team to feel a negative team spirit and lose the upcoming game against them! Maybe just a thought, many national journalists are London based London team supporters either spurs, chealse or arsenal! 

• Like 1

If they sack him now, it is their own doing. They had ample time to get rid during the summer and sound out potential replacements, now we are into the season, doing ok (though it could be better in some aspects) and will have to start searching for a new manager during the season again.

And yet another hefty pay-off.

7 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

5th or 6th place delusional? And then go on to write that you think it’s possible if other clubs don’t perform? Hmm. It’s probably not delusional then is it. It’s probably say dependent or unlikely. But possible. So not delusional then.

It is utterly delusional. There is just no way we'd put up a fair fight against the likes of Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea. ManU for all their woes are miles away from us.

One has to be high to think just one second we got the same squad quality or depth.

Best bet is 7th and that'd be an excellent performance to say the least.

Edited by That_Dude

To those who want a change, fair enough - please allow me to ask you 3 questions.

a) Which position do you demand LCFC finish in with the current squad of players?

b) Which manager do you think offers us the best chance of achieving that?

c) Is that manager even likely to take the job on in the near future?

Edited by HighPeakFox

17 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

It is utterly delusional. There is just no way we'd put up a fair fight against the likes of Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea. ManU for all their woes are miles away from us.

One has to be high to think just one second we got the same squad quality or depth.

Best bet is 7th and that'd be an excellent performance to say the least.

So we are on 12 points and 4th & 5th are on 18 points.

You telling me that we haven’t totally thrown away a couple of games so far this season?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

To those who want a change, fair enough - please allow me to ask you 3 questions.

a) Which position do you demand LCFC finish in with the current squad of players?.....7th 

b) Which manager do you think offers us the best chance of achieving that?...Eddie Howe 

c) Is that manager even likely to take the job on in the near future?...Unfortunately No. 

....Although, money talks so offer Howe an amount he can't refuse!.. Perhaps he's taken Bournemouth as far as he can? 

.....not a Puel fan, but I think a solution could be found with a new number two.

I think he needs someone to challenge his decisions and give him alternative options. Once you are the man who blindly follows an ideology you become blinkered to obvious problems (see topic "what is missing......"). There need to be a balance with the head coach and assistant, it was there with Clough and Taylor who when seperated failed to achieve anything of note individually. Ferguson went abroad to get a new number 2 to take him to another level.        Perhaps the problems being experienced by NP could well be he has no Walsh of Shakey to reign him in leading to an inability to develop a team ethos and a pattern of play.

This league looks open, the amount of finance poured into clubs has changed the perspective of supporters and this league does not feel as daunting as previous years and leads me to believe that we could, with some common sense, be competing for sixth.Three more players in their correct positions should be enough to propel us to the elite places.

He needs someone there, not so that he is looking over his shoulder but someone who is strong enough to say no and be listened to. Not too sure what happened with Appleton but I can only assume he challenged Puel but Puel was not prepared to or respected him enough to listen to his advice!!!!!

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

a) Which position do you demand LCFC finish in with the current squad of players?

b) Which manager do you think offers us the best chance of achieving that?

c) Is that manager even likely to take the job on in the near future?

Don't ask such difficult questions 

*cue we have a squad that should be 7th, rafa Benitez, Eddie Howe, excellent interviews blah blah 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

....Although, money talks so offer Howe an amount he can't refuse!.. Perhaps he's taken Bournemouth as far as he can? 

It took Howe several years to make bpurnemoutj the decent side they are today (passing style was always Great but seasons q and 2 they were flakey at the back, not clinical and not intense) 

If he comes here he'll have the same challenge getting us to the next level which will take another 2-3 years.