Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

PlayStation Classic

Think it's a bit gimmicky and is a slightly cynical nostalgic cash-in, much like the SNES mini, Mega Drive mini and all the other minis that are being released.

20 pre-set games isn't great either, given you don't have a choice which ones are included and I'd guess that most of, if not all of them are available on the PS store or equivalent.

My 1995 PS1 was still working last time I checked, remarkably. Can't beat opening that tray, loading in the disc and hearing that sweet, sweet sound.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The full list of games has been revealed for those interested:

• Battle Arena Toshinden
  • Cool Boarders 2
  • Destruction Derby
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • Intelligent Qube
  • Jumping Flash
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Mr Driller
  • Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
  • Rayman
  • Resident Evil Director's Cut
  • Revelations: Persona
  • Ridge Racer Type 4
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
  • Syphon Filter
  • Tekken 3
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
  • Twisted Metal
  • Wild Arms

6 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Would much rather they sell the Classic with no games and create a digital library with all games available for like £5 each.

More people would buy it if that was the case. And if the non-European exclusives were made available as well.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was tempted but after seeing what others have said about it, im not interested. the emulator is shit, and the games look worse than they would if played on the original system.  Basically a rasberry pi with a poor PS emulator shoved in a box for £80

Most of these games don't age very well. They're brilliant in your nostalgia mind, but that's probably where they should stay.

There's an NES emulator on the Nintendo Switch. At first you think "great" and dive into Donkey Kong or Mario Golf hoping to rekindle the happy memories from the glory days of the mid 1980's but actually you pretty quickly realise that they're a bit shit....

For my nostalgia fix there are plenty of youtube videos of old classic games...

• Like 1

I decided against it as well. Think they miss judge what you want.

My lad had a switch and I'm living Mario kart.

But legit would love a master system style retro. But with bang basic games like outrun, paper boy, California games etc.

This is absolutely superb, can't believe the negative reviews.. When you think you are paying peanuts for hours, if not days of fun... the graphics are amazing, such detail, sometimes they can be a little bit too realistic that's my only concern.

Picked mine up at a great price so I was lucky, the local corner shop of all places, he even threw in a guarantee. Apparently if the burning smell ever stops I should take it back to him asap as this is a sign the processor is working properly, but I don't know much about computers. Bargain at £180!!