Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Huddersfield H post match thread 3-1

1 minute ago, ozleicester said:

Disagree, we were well on top for all of the first half, but for one piece of stupid clumsy defending, we had at least 3 chances (Vards is rusty) and we played decent football against a very defensive team and set up.

The "tappy tappy stuff" is what we played all game, it therefore led to our fast break opportunities and created our free kick chances.

Like Pearson, i dont particularly like Puel as a manager/media person... but, like Pearson he is creating something and if people got off his back and supported him and the team, they and we would all feel better.

I disagree, we were not well on top, we have some real quality in the team but the team currently is not the sum of its parts and we could have lost that game and the tappy stuff was ponderous, the goals were scored from fast breaks when they were putting us under pressure.

That last line is just drivel to be honest, peeps I talk to at the ground never talk about his press conferences, only the football and even after being here about a year now a lot are not convinced, not against him but not sure of him either.

6 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

I disagree, we were not well on top, we have some real quality in the team but the team currently is not the sum of its parts and we could have lost that game and the tappy stuff was ponderous, the goals were scored from fast breaks when they were putting us under pressure.

That last line is just drivel to be honest, peeps I talk to at the ground never talk about his press conferences, only the football and even after being here about a year now a lot are not convinced, not against him but not sure of him either.

twice as many shots

three times as many corners

nearly double possession

three times as many goals

100x better to watch

• Like 4

Just now, ozleicester said:

twice as many shots

three times as many corners

nearly double possession

three times as many goals

100x better to watch

I watched the match pal, you can put up stuff like that  but we were not that good against a poor side.

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Guess it all depends on how you watch it

I watch them every home match, we were not that good, Liverpool we were miles better, we are massively inconsistent and often start slowly, so long as we continue to get results then things are OK but the problems are there and the team is frustrating to watch at times because a lot of what causes our problems is slack passing and players running into the same space as team mates thus getting in each others way, so we end up losing the ball and are caught out of position at the back.

We are better than last season but the problems remain and we look very open at the back, though Maguire is like a colossus, best bit of business Puel did was keeping him.

PS, I actually hope Puel succeeds :P

Edited by ithuriel
grammar
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

If people are validating their case against by saying 'we could have lost that if...;, presumably that means they will listen to the counter argument that 'we could have won that if...' after the Bournemouth match.

Mmmhhh…. The application of logic…. You’re on a hide into nothing on FT…. But, god loves a trier…!

Decent performance yesterday. Only one team ever likely to win. Huddersfield we're horrendous both in terms of personnel on the pitch and also tactically. Anyone who still wants Wagner at our club having seen that side yesterday needs their head testing. 

Some good individual efforts. Amartey, Mendy, Chillwell, Maddison and Iheanacho were outstanding. Hopefully we can push on now. 

Edited by ian_marshall

We need to start with more concentration. It was a sloppy goal to concede. 

However, a game is 90 minutes long and we’ve built a side so superior to Huddersfield that I was never worried about the result going 1-0 down. 

Thats nice isn’t it? I remember Shakey saying he would have taken a draw at half time against these last season. They were dominating us. 

Puel is taking us the right way. 

If you were a neutral observer you would say you had just seen one distinctly average team comfortably beat an extememly poor team which is surely destined for relegation.

There were some decent performances yesterday but what stands out is that our two goals from open play were very reminiscent of the type of goals we scored when we won the title. Fast breaks using our pace advantage, one or two passes only, followed by a clinical finish.

When we tried to pass and pass and pass our attacks largely broke down without getting anywhere. For me we move the ball far far too slowly and time after time they were able to get all 11 men behind the ball. We are also too stationary in possession. Maddison, a cut above  the rest,and often wanted the ball playing early to him but, our other midfielders, especially Mendy, were just too slow to pass it or don't have the instinctive football brain to see the early passes.

Considering their limited attacking options, there were times when our defence was close to a shambles and had they had anything resembling a premier league qulaity striker we would almost certainly been 2-1 down. He also missed a free header later in the game.

Not sure how much we can read into a game where the opponents were so poor but it was good to get three points and the goals were all top quality. Ghezzal was totally inept and could use a spell on loan. On the positive side Amartey really played quite well and was possibly our best defender on the day. If we are on a journey with Puel it feels like we have only just got in the car and not yet turned on the engine, a long way to go but some positive signs.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, reynard said:

If you were a neutral observer you would say you had just seen one distinctly average team comfortably beat an extememly poor team which is surely destined for relegation.

There were some decent performances yesterday but what stands out is that our two goals from open play were very reminiscent of the type of goals we scored when we won the title. Fast breaks using our pace advantage, one or two passes only, followed by a clinical finish.

When we tried to pass and pass and pass our attacks largely broke down without getting anywhere. For me we move the ball far far too slowly and time after time they were able to get all 11 men behind the ball. We are also too stationary in possession. Maddison, a cut above  the rest,and often wanted the ball playing early to him but, our other midfielders, especially Mendy, were just too slow to pass it or don't have the instinctive football brain to see the early passes.

Considering their limited attacking options, there were times when our defence was close to a shambles and had they had anything resembling a premier league qulaity striker we would almost certainly been 2-1 down. He also missed a free header later in the game.

Not sure how much we can read into a game where the opponents were so poor but it was good to get three points and the goals were all top quality. Ghezzal was totally inept and could use a spell on loan. On the positive side Amartey really played quite well and was possibly our best defender on the day. If we are on a journey with Puel it feels like we have only just got in the car and not yet turned on the engine, a long way to go but some positive signs.

A neutral observer would probably be thinking, I can't believe the potential of those exciting Leicester City youngsters.....

• Like 2

2 counterattacking goals, that’s what we do best. Possession football is not all that, but yes it feels good when we do control a game but at the same time if we are toothless as a result of it it’s better to actually go at team with counter attacking football this is what we have to do at home. Play to our strengths, give Vardy options to run behind. Playing 2 strikers no surprise we did well.