Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Huddersfield H post match thread 3-1

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Well we play Newcastle away next, do Newcastle play a wide game or through the middle (genuinely not sure)? I Like how we played today. Maddison almost as an inverted winger, stationed out wide when defending, but the minute we attacked he'd drift inside, leaving Chillwell the whole wing to run into. But when he came inside, you had him, Nacho and vardy getting into positions to score or create chances. 

I love what Ghezzal brings but in that situation Gray is a lot more direct, especially with Amartey sitting behind him. 

Most people I know think Allbrighton get a raw deal  and should definately be picked before Gray

4 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Commentators that I listened to said the first half was awful and second was awful from Hudders, and basically other then the goals there wasn't too much in it.  They were underwhelmed by both teams.

SOunded like we were gifted the result, roll on to next week

Match of the day were surprisingly complimentary

7 hours ago, nwl fox said:

Mendy is 100% out best midfielder right now. Amartey had a really solid game as well, not bad for two of FT's most written off men. We absolutely have to address this slow start issue though, we're just handicapping ourselves every week.

Totally agree with you, it needs to be sorted out ASAP, 

Aside from a certain Algerian (No, definitely not Ghezzal) I cant remember a more exciting player on the ball than Maddison? Absolutely refreshing having a player that always looks forward. If he’s not in the next England squad then Southgate can get in the bin. 

5 hours ago, Webbo said:

For me we scored from 2 counter attacks and a free kick. The tikki takki achieved bugger all. That said im delighted that we won and wont be complaining until the next match.

Yes.

4 hours ago, southfox66 said:

My point is it the quality of our players or Puels management skills. I think we have very talented players, who maybe would play better under a different manager, but after winning 3 - 1, that's an argument for another day :)

And yes.

4 hours ago, Mr Weller said:

They weren’t booing the team, they were booing the officials as they went off at half time

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

"Booo sack the c***" must have been aimed elsewhere entirely. And all the "sack him" comments post game.

Huddersfield are bloody awful and theyre going down, disappointing because it's a good club with good fans but they havent invested in their squad properly since last summer. Hopefully the experience in this top League helps them shape up for another go at it.

Evans looked much steadier, he kept creeping up on set pieces following things through looking for a tap in so the signs are encouraging that he's trying to make a good impression, defensively still seems to be missing part of his brain at times which is odd cause he is a quality player. It was important the team responded after last week, now let's hope we can improve performances and pick up some more decent results

8 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Commentators that I listened to said the first half was awful and second was awful from Hudders, and basically other then the goals there wasn't too much in it.  They were underwhelmed by both teams.

SOunded like we were gifted the result, roll on to next week

I didn't hear the commentary you are referring to, but was the match commentator called Magoo?

In the match thread said we would win 2 or 3-1 after giving up the first goal. Just played the lotto and hope i ****in win it lol

We needed these 3 points and got them. A lot has already been said in here but our defense needs to wake the eff up. Cant keep going down first and hoping to win. Sort it out puel!

Edited by Jattdogg

Just watched the free kick again. It was interesting that the wall didn't jump, apart from one guy. I think Madders gave them a fright by trying a daisy cutter earlier in the game. Those suggesting it was a goalkeeping error need to have a real good look at the starting trajectory of the ball, and where it actually ended up. Qualitee! :appl:

Evans was pretty good imho, much better than in the Wolves game, but then he did have a FB doing his job next to him this time

Also, Amartey looked pretty accomplished at RB, which was nice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Didnt hear/see it... but any compliments would not have surprised me. We are a good team, playing good football. 

We were shite in the first half against a dire team and they could have won it, we are not that good but we are getting results for the present but we really need to improve.

Was not lost on peeps that we scored from quick counter attacking football and a set piece rather than the slow and methodical tappy tappy stuff.