Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Huddersfield H post match thread 3-1

2 minutes ago, yks said:

He succeeded 93% of his passes.
That's the highest of the game(except for Albrighton and Okazaki who played someting like 5 minutes).
Some people are seriously deranged, biased or desperately want to push their agenda.

Clipboard03.thumb.jpg.efac8b91c10dd3409fbfcae1311147e1.jpg

I may have been wrong on this as per stats. I may have had my negativity towards Mendy influenced by a very poor piece of play in the first half, where he tried to head the ball, instead gave it away in a very dangerous position with Ndidi coming to the rescue. It also has to be said that Ndidi and Mendy play too close to each at times and seem to impede each others space.

Result good but an underwhelming performance especially in the 1st half ( wife joked if she could pop out to the city centre

instead !).

we should be much more convincing against a side heading towards relegation as we missed some good chances as indeed did they.

Claude has earned himself a small respite  but remain convinced he will not have s long career at LCFC.

6 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

That's the whole point, prgoress takes time. If it was easy every team would be doing it.

man City 2 to 3 years. Liverpool 3 years, Utd, and Spurs 5 years and still trying. It's a Marathon not a sprint. 

Keep the Faith and enjoy the ups and downs. It's what makes success so much sweeter.

I get that. I just think at the pace we’re moving forward it could take decades. 

19 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Totally agree. Still there were some hair raising moments, mainly when he had the ball! LOL 

Oh absolutely, great positionally but he would still be playing now if he was more comfortable in possession. 

39 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

Result good but an underwhelming performance especially in the 1st half ( wife joked if she could pop out to the city centre

instead !).

we should be much more convincing against a side heading towards relegation as we missed some good chances as indeed did they.

Claude has earned himself a small respite  but remain convinced he will not have s long career at LCFC.

Small respite?

From these first 6 fixtures we've had one game where the result was less than we could realistically expect: Bournemouth away

(Obvs should hope to win that game, but a draw would have been very acceptable going into it).

1 point behind where we should be. And Vardy was out for 2 games

Its a results business. We are getting the results. Puel on paper is doing just fine

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 2

Won again without necessarily being at the top of our game. Poor goal to give away, but wasn’t worried because we were more than capable of coming back. Wilf gave the ball away as much as he won it back, but thankfully it didn’t matter. Was surprised Huddersfield played as high as they did! Definitely need to do better, but a work in progress. Maddison - can’t add more praise than already being said. Seamless transition to premier league football, and a terrific free kick today. Vardys finish was majestic, looked like he was champing at the bit. Lots of work still to do, particularly tempo and how we start  games!

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I’ve seen a few comments suggesting that Mendy kept giving the ball away.

Certainly not what I saw - his passing completion looked very good.

Is there a statto around to nail this?

Some people have a weird fascination of replacing him when he does nothing wrong and does a lot right, theres also some strange fans that want us to shoot from 30 yards out and also want simpson back in the team ?‍♂️

4 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Small respite?

From these first 6 fixtures we've had one game where the result was less than we could realistically expect for, Bournemouth away

(Obvs should hope to win that game, but a draw would have been very acceptable going into it)

1 point behind where we should be. And Vardy was out for 3 games

Its a results business. We are getting the results. Puel on paper is doing just fine

Yeah, I'd have to agree with that and I'm not even remotely interested in persevering with Puel. I'm pretty much done with him but that Bournemouth game results wise is the only poor one. That doesn't mean we should accept the defeats to Utd or Liverpool as we gifted them the wins and our performance vs Wolves was fortutious as was Southampton but 9 points from these 6 games is half decent. 

A big week ahead as 2 more wins and it's a hard slog for fans like me to stand by my views on where Puel is taking us, I do think we'll win both as well haha.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tanya said:

Good point. Pereira is so ropey as a defender but he's been quite good further up the pitch. He's ahead of Ghezzal at the moment, who looks slow and has no real end product. At least Pereira is fast and frees up space for others.

A fair point, But I still feel Ghezzal ofers more long term. He has that look of Mahrez about him. He likes to come inside and mix it up. Once his understanding of the Game improves so will his contribution to success.

Ricardo has the skill of a winger but really needs to improve his defending.

2 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Perhaps you should stop listening to commentators (opinions) and actually watch the games. Just saying...

Duh, thank you Mr Obvious.....i would if I could, i'm on a flight to Us and I paid £15 for the worst wi fi ever, the picture was static and basically all I got was some commentary.  So do you disagree with commentators?

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

A fair point, But I still feel Ghezzal ofers more long term. He has that look of Mahrez about him.

I've not seen anything but lots of simple passes and a couple of overhit through balls, he might have the look but they are miles apart, 12 million and a four year contract down the drain but hope I'm wrong.

8 minutes ago, Livid said:

I get that. I just think at the pace we’re moving forward it could take decades. 

No, It tends to come together like someone switching on a light. We will need some more fine tuning going forward, And there will be some disappointments on the way, But enjoy the ride. It is really worth the wait.   

I thought all the players performed decently with a few very good performances.  You can see we are moving in the right direction as a team, especially bearing in mind that we were missing 10 players for most of pre-season, we've had an international break and two games without Vardy.  Still a work in progress of course but with some very promising signs.  Personally I much prefer watching us playing like we are aiming to now - I find it entertaining to watch, especially in comparison to the sometimes dire backs to the wall, low possession stuff we have witnessed at times in the past.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

I've not seen anything but lots of simple passes and a couple of overhit through balls, he might have the look but they are miles apart, 12 million and a four year contract down the drain but hope I'm wrong.

Trust me you're definitely wrong. Think back to when Mahrez came into the team. He didn't pull up any Trees either.

9 minutes ago, Mark said:

If he performs like he did vs Liverpool more often then he'll be a decent option but if he's more like he has been the last 2 games then he'll be exactly what we were expecting. Crap

Just now, Ric Flair said:

If he performs like he did vs Liverpool more often then he'll be a decent option but if he's more like he has been the last 2 games then he'll be exactly what we were expecting. Crap

That was home debut adrenaline, the muck since is why Monaco couldn't believe their luck when we came along.

• Haha 1