Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
treer

benkovic injured in warm up

On 24/09/2018 at 01:30, jayfox26 said:

I thought him going to Celtic would be a good move but they really are crap! Many joke about the quality of Scottish football but it really is one of the worst leagues in Europe. Good if he gets regular game time but will be difficult to judge his abilities when he's playing alongside and against utter dross (barring one or 2 celtic players like Tierney who are decent) 

One of the worst?

5 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Will be written off 15 mins into his debut when he isn’t playing like van dijk unfortunately. Fans booing at half time when it’s 0-0 etc, bashing of puel, calling him a ‘tw**’ etc is abit embarrasing consider the pathetic displays under Shakespeare and raneiri before him. People saying we haven’t beaten anyone good, we managed to loose to Sunderland, Hull, Watford in 16/17 after just winning the league. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The_Rorab said:

Honestly if Soyuncu for whatever reason doesn't come good before January, I think recalling him would be a good shout. Defensive instability is probably our biggest downfall right now.

Will Soyuncu learn English to a good enough level before January? If he's learning every day for hours it's asking a lot. His English will be good enough about the same time as we can recall Benkovic I reckon. And by then Bekovic will have had plenty of competitive games under his belt at Celtic, rather than Soyuncu's odd game in the u23s and a few for Turkey. I'm betting on Benkovic being Maguire's partner in the second half of the season.

Didn't he make it clear he wanted to play and hadn't come to sit in the u23s? Shows a good attitude but I'm not sure what passes for joined up thinking in our recruitment/ selection at the mom. I'm not buying that  Soyuncu is inselectable because of language barrier and if this kid is good shouldn't we have had a close look at him before loaning him out ? Perhaps we did but it all seems so odd .

2 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Didn't he make it clear he wanted to play and hadn't come to sit in the u23s? Shows a good attitude but I'm not sure what passes for joined up thinking in our recruitment/ selection at the mom. I'm not buying that  Soyuncu is inselectable because of language barrier and if this kid is good shouldn't we have had a close look at him before loaning him out ? Perhaps we did but it all seems so odd .

This shows he has a brain as no one replaces wes morgan..as Dragovic, Evans, Soyuncu were clearly ill advised to think  they may have a place in our 11.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Will Soyuncu learn English to a good enough level before January? If he's learning every day for hours it's asking a lot. His English will be good enough about the same time as we can recall Benkovic I reckon. And by then Bekovic will have had plenty of competitive games under his belt at Celtic, rather than Soyuncu's odd game in the u23s and a few for Turkey. I'm betting on Benkovic being Maguire's partner in the second half of the season.

Competitive games with Celtic?  I watched a stream for the first 45 minutes yesterday and it was not competitive by any stretch of the imagination. It was an embarrassing advert for SPL.   But everything else you say -totally agree!

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Honestly I just don't believe the reason Soyuncu doesn't play is because of his lack of English.

8 minutes ago, The_Rorab said:

Honestly I just don't believe the reason Soyuncu doesn't play is because of his lack of English.

Ridiculous isn't it . There are lots of examples of players who did really well in the PL without being able to speak a word of English - IIRC Gianfranco Zola being a prime example when he started . I can't blame the club keeping Schtum if it turns out we've bought a dud here but don't treat the club's supporters like mugs - with this fiction 

47 minutes ago, The_Rorab said:

32 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Ridiculous isn't it . There are lots of examples of players who did really well in the PL without being able to speak a word of English - IIRC Gianfranco Zola being a prime example when he started . I can't blame the club keeping Schtum if it turns out we've bought a dud here but don't treat the club's supporters like mugs - with this fiction 

Maybe communication is more vital for defenders but I'm still not buying it. Remember when Knocky had to translate for Mahrez?

55 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Maybe communication is more vital for defenders but I'm still not buying it. Remember when Knocky had to translate for Mahrez?

if you cant read the game and communicate you cant really make it at the highest level.

in defence if you cant communicate your gonna struggle massively so we have to give him the benefit of the doubt atm. i expect him to be in intense english lessons 7 days a week for a couple hours each time.

Edited by les-tah

27 minutes ago, les-tah said:

if you cant read the game and communicate you cant really make it at the highest level.

in defence if you cant communicate your gonna struggle massively so we have to give him the benefit of the doubt atm. i expect him to be in intense english lessons 7 days a week for a couple hours each time.

or once a week on a Wednesday ………….