Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has died at the age of 60

Club has done everything right. We really are a credit and it feels like we are a world class outfit when you think of the last 2 weeks and how they have acted.

From Susan Whelan all the way down they just deserve immense credit throughout!!!

• Like 2

Premier league years on sky today was our title winning season... remember the season after when people were saying if we got relegated that every time we thought about the title we would immediately think about the relegation afterwards. Thankfully that didn’t happen, but when they were showing us lifting the title and all the celebrations all I could think of was Vichai :( 

11 hours ago, WoodyFox said:

Premier league years on sky today was our title winning season... remember the season after when people were saying if we got relegated that every time we thought about the title we would immediately think about the relegation afterwards. Thankfully that didn’t happen, but when they were showing us lifting the title and all the celebrations all I could think of was Vichai :( 

I think this is a good point. In that season after, all i could think was if we go down, the response from any other rival fan will be "haha yeah but you went down the year after" and it would be a bit tarnished. 

Now something like this has happened, which eclipses anything football wise, and i can't even begin to watch or look at anything to do with that season. I'm not sure how long that feeling will last but i just can't do it at the minute.

Radio Leicester playing Bocelli on the Monday night forum straight after it happened was way too much, and not in a nice reflective way either. Felt like just a place you dont go to right now, not when emotions were that raw. Was kind of like okay you will cry now because we say so. (I've been a big fan of Stringers coverage too minus that)

Edited by Gamble92
grammar

I have lost count of how many times I've watched the video of that Vichai Tribute playing in the stadium. Hearing the loud music in such a silent stadium really gets me. One of the best videos I've ever seen - although I say that alot. We have some incredible media guys working for us.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I think this is a good point. In that season after, all i could think was if we go down, the response from any other rival fan will be "haha yeah but you went down the year after" and it would be a bit tarnished. 

Now something like this has happened, which eclipses anything football wise, and i can't even begin to watch or look at anything to do with that season. I'm not sure how long that feeling will last but i just can't do it at the minute.

Radio Leicester playing Bocelli on the Monday night forum straight after it happened was way too much, and not in a nice reflective way either. Felt like just a place you dont go to right now, not when emotions were that raw. Was kind of like okay you will cry now because we say so. (I've been a big fan of Stringers coverage too minus that)

This was what I was trying to say but couldn’t really put it into the right words. He was such a significant factor in that season that I feel like it’s going to be hard to see/hear anything to do with it without thinking of him, but maybe that’s how it should be?

• Like 1

Popped to the stadium this afternoon to see the memorial area without the matchday crowds. I think some of the shirts and scarves have been cleared or moved as there didn't seem as many. Still staggering how much there is and the floral tributes all still look surprisingly fresh. It's worth a visit (between 10-4 at weekends) if you just want a bit of time for quiet reflection. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

As with everything the club has done these past 3 weeks, all undertaken very respectfully. 

Your shirts, scarves, messages and tributes to Khun Vichai have today been collected, dried, photographed and prepared for storage at King Power Stadium. https://t.co/2MJZfnKYvJ

Thanks for the link, I guess they'll move them all eventually. 

We have heard all the wonderful acts of this great man that has caused sorrow to many.

There are so many small but significant actions Vichai did.

I do have a question if anyone knows. Is it true that one of these action was that Vichai always put Whiskey and glasses in the remembrance garden and if so did this ever get abused? 

On 18/11/2018 at 09:26, FoyleFox said:

As with everything the club has done these past 3 weeks, all undertaken very respectfully. 

Your shirts, scarves, messages and tributes to Khun Vichai have today been collected, dried, photographed and prepared for storage at King Power Stadium. https://t.co/2MJZfnKYvJ

Such class from the club. So proud:appl:

Lifelong foxes fan here, bit late but just signed up and wanted to say for my first post how fortunate we have been to have this man as the owner of our club. 

Vichai had set the perfect example of how a benevolent Chairman and owner should behave in the modern game, an era rank with vultures looking to make a quick buck off of the back of long suffering fans, people like the Glazers, Kroenke, and the Mike Ashleys of this world.

What sets Vichai apart was the fact that he was already rich beyond many peoples wildest dreams when he decided to take on the club and save us from the doldrums that we were heading. He did it not for the money, but for the challenge, much like he did with his horse racing teams, he did it for the glory and treated everyone with respect.

This man was a class act and I'll forever be thankful for what he has done for not just my club, but also the city of Leicester.

• Like 3

I know some posters said after the title win they feel like winning or losing didn’t matter any more. I really feel like that today.

I wanted us to win so much at the Cardiff game to give some happiness back to everyone. Burnley I wanted us to avoid losing.

But today I can’t be arsed to debate what team should be played, if we ‘should’ win etc etc just feels cold to debate those things so quickly.