Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has died at the age of 60

49 minutes ago, Gazdavid7 said:

Been nothing from Steve Walsh on this has there. And he hasn't been seen at the ground. Wonder if he perhaps fell out with the owners when he left the club. 

Steve Walsh the player was there s few days ago.

You mean the Steve Walsh at Everton yeah???

33 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Unreal.

DrLIEVDXcAE4IM7.jpg:large

Incredible, the pictures online have no where near done it justice. 

Sadly not been down to pay my respects yet, but will go with my brother @Domsdadon Tuesday to sign the book and lay our flowers. 

Just an amazing contribution from everyone, do we know whats happening to all the flowers? 

Edited by Suzie the Fox

We went down at lunchtime today.  The tributes were still all there and hundreds of people still there.  Walking to the ground most groups of people, like us, were carrying flowers.  It really is an incredible reflection of how highly regarded he was.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gazdavid7 said:

Been nothing from Steve Walsh on this has there. And he hasn't been seen at the ground. Wonder if he perhaps fell out with the owners when he left the club. 

He doesn't have to go. People can do what they want.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Looking at the length of the shadows and the direction of them it was just after sunrise .......... two days later, I suspect the tribute has spread further around the stadium .......

If you look closely you can see the big screens in the ground showing the same picture of Vichai as the large club shop screen.

Certainly was before we left for Cardiff, what I was told was they’re moving it all on  Wednesday, flowers are going into the garden at the back of the club and all the shirts (I’d imagine the other mementos too) are being kept to form a lasting memorial whenever that is built in the future.

I can’t see that car park where it happened ever being reused, more likely (my guess is) to become a remembrance garden and transfer all the plaques from the one we currently have over to that area. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Looking at the length of the shadows and the direction of them it was just after sunrise .......... two days later, I suspect the tribute has spread further around the stadium .......

Was there this evening, it's not spread any further than in the photo, apart from having filled that remaining small empty corner at the bottom right

2 hours ago, Ricey said:

...but that's not how Dorsett, Stringer, Tanner etc say it. They say See-what-hana-prab-ha.

Lineker said See-va-too-na-pra-pa which seems very different.

It doesn't matter.

Vichai wouldn't have minded and neither will his family.

9 hours ago, Bablemikey said:

I feel it's disrespectful to mispronounce names so I would very much welcome the correct phonetic pronunciation.

I bet the Birch broke into a sweat when someone shown him the name change, then again I can't imagine he ever got the first name right either.