Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has died at the age of 60

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I know some posters said after the title win they feel like winning or losing didn’t matter any more. I really feel like that today.

I wanted us to win so much at the Cardiff game to give some happiness back to everyone. Burnley I wanted us to avoid losing.

But today I can’t be arsed to debate what team should be played, if we ‘should’ win etc etc just feels cold to debate those things so quickly. 

I can understand that. After the last few weeks, everyone must have 'bottomed out' at some point. Emotions have been high.

It's a very tragic and big loss to Leicester as a whole, but his presence and vision will always remain intact.

As Puel said it's important to carry on as normal now, whilst still grieving since the incident, may it be kindly possible to unpin this thread now?

8 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I know some posters said after the title win they feel like winning or losing didn’t matter any more. I really feel like that today.

I wanted us to win so much at the Cardiff game to give some happiness back to everyone. Burnley I wanted us to avoid losing.

But today I can’t be arsed to debate what team should be played, if we ‘should’ win etc etc just feels cold to debate those things so quickly. 

Certainly understand but for me now, it’s very much business as normal please. I think that’s what Vichai would have wanted.

7 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

It's a very tragic and big loss to Leicester as a whole, but his presence and vision will always remain intact.

As Puel said it's important to carry on as normal now, whilst still grieving since the incident, may it be kindly possible to unpin this thread now?

I personally don’t think it should ever be unpinned.

• Like 2

I haven’t posted for a while, and all of this dampened my appetite to talk about LCFC somewhat. 

It puts all these petty debates about Puel in/out into perspective. Although all of that could have died down as I’ve not been on here for a while.

Time to grow up and support the lads, and I include Puel in that. It was Vichai’s desire to transition to a more sustainable possession based football. A large part of me feels compelled to support that goal, and perhaps cut Claude (and everyone actually) a bit more slack (not that I have been falling for his head recently). If he was good enough for Vichai, he’s my man as well.

• Like 3

Heading to the game again today thinking about this a lot.

Before the Brighton game I felt like I was starting to get my head around everything but around the 50th min when everyone was singing the new vichai song I was holding my scarf up and felt it all coming back again.

Maybe for myself and a lot of other fans during games now this will be the case for a long time at the games. 

I pray we go all the way in the cup and win it for him. 

• Like 1

I finally got to see the scarves last weekend when I was in Leicester. Just looking at it brought a lump to my throat.

Anyone else noticed one of the more remarkable mementos - a scarf with the message 'Forest 1 Hamburg 0', in 1980.

Just what did it take the owner to part with a memento of what was probably the greatest 90 minutes in his clubs' history?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 31/01/2019 at 23:11, Collymore said:

Does anyone know what's happening with the online book of condolences? I thought I remember the club saying that they were going to make them public at some point. 

There had been talk of it being displayed inside the King Power Stadium main entrance reception area.

• Thanks 1

On 31/01/2019 at 23:11, Collymore said:

Does anyone know what's happening with the online book of condolences? I thought I remember the club saying that they were going to make them public at some point. 

You can still sign it in the club shop so I guess once that period is over.

• Thanks 1