Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Cardiff Pre Match Thread

It's a crying shame, given all the other communities that have offered their services or shown goodwill in condolence, that neither the Premier League along with Sky or BT can't see their way to broadcasting the match live on one of their freeview channels.

8 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

It's a crying shame, given all the other communities that have offered their services or shown goodwill in condolence, that neither the Premier League along with Sky or BT can't see their way to broadcasting the match live on one of their freeview channels.

Well they legally can't show a Saturday 3pm 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

It's a crying shame, given all the other communities that have offered their services or shown goodwill in condolence, that neither the legal system or the Premier League along with Sky or BT can't see their way to broadcasting the match live on one of their freeview channels.

7 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Fixed :P

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, HitchinFox said:

Vardy's comments on Sky. Looks like the lads are up for it. 

And do I detect a slight dig at Puel there?

This bit: "I know people are saying the result doesn’t matter but for us as players we want to get a positive result."

I think you're reading between the lines...

on a different page...

of another book...

from a distant library...

in some far-flung land...

where they speak a foreign language.

P.S. Just to clarify this, as is PLAINLY obvious, he's saying that because some people died.

Or did you miss that bit? :dunno:

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rigga said:

Oops..

Supposed be on the 5.45 from CC

you think it’s best to catch train from NPark after the game to CC or walk it ?

It might be a good idea to walk to Grangetown station which is a small station about 10 mins walk from the ground. This will take you to Cardiff Central, so you won't need to queue outside. It will be full of Bluebirds, but you'll be fine. I'm thinking of doing that myself to cheat the system a bit. 

Google maps it.

1 minute ago, B.Oddie (Cardiff) said:

It might be a good idea to walk to Grangetown station which is a small station about 10 mins walk from the ground. This will take you to Cardiff Central, so you won't need to queue outside. It will be full of Bluebirds, but you'll be fine. I'm thinking of doing that myself to cheat the system a bit. 

Google maps it.

I don’t imagine tickets will be checked will they as ours are supposed to be from NP

Just now, Rigga said:

We get to CC at 2.22pm

walk or train from there do you think ?

would hate to miss the min silence

Walk. If you put the turbo on it'll be about 15 mins. 

Go left from the station, over the bridge, under the subway, first right, straight on, cross the zebra crossing, left, down Hereford Road, then follow the Bluebirds.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I think you're reading between the lines...

on a different page...

of another book...

from a distant library...

in some far-flung land...

where they speak a foreign language.

P.S. Just to clarify this, as is PLAINLY obvious, he's saying that because some people died.

Or did you miss that bit? :dunno:

Hahaha! Fair enough!

Like I mentioned, I probably only made the link (or non-link) because I had read Puel's comments a minute or so before. 

• Like 1

Can anyone help with any parking info?? Lee is driving up from Cornwall. Says 3 hours he will defo set off by 9am maybe earlier, have just had the text from LCFC about it being much busier due to the rugby too. Anyone suggest large car parks? He is on his own too so if anyone can suggest pubs the Leicester fans will be in? Thanks ?

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

I find this situation completely ridiculous in this day and age. We can only get 30,000 fans in the stadium, not everyone within radio coverage distance wants to listen to it and we have the rest of the fans in the country unable to legally watch or listen to the match live. Most people are off work/school and most games are still scheduled at 3pm on Saturday and thats the only time it can't be broadcast.

So the ones that are savvy enough plus the resources can get an online stream, usually terrible juddering quality and this is the same for every team in the country with sizable fanbases. We're technically and legally bared from watching football for no good reason. Sky/BT are losing broadcasting opportunities, the Leagues & Clubs are missing out on some more money, and neither do It think the attendence for games would be affected because people who go now still want to actually experience the match