Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Cardiff Pre Match Thread

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

they will feel under huge collective pressure to win the game for vichai. what happens if they don't win? how will they feel then? what happens if someone makes a mistake which means they don't win. this wont be just 'a game of football' and i worry about the potential mental consequences for those given the responsibility of playing.  

That will be there which ever is the first game, the pressure at home if it was the first would be even greater.

Also the longer you leave it the more the pressure builds.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

I was told yesterday in good faith the game goes ahead and the players will travel down Friday. 

If the players want to play, they should play. You would expect Leicester, Cardiff and the Premier League to allow the players to make that decision, which I'm sure has been the case.

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

what happens if they don't win? how will they feel then? what happens if someone makes a mistake which means they don't win. this wont be just 'a game of football' and i worry about the potential mental consequences for those given the responsibility of playing.  

The whole season is going to be like this sadly. All we can do is support and give the players the opportunity to maximise their effort. Effort is all we can ask for. It's going to be hard whenever and the players will need support for bad form etc more than ever. 

Even more sad is that regardless of when you play it, that first game is going to be extremely hard and the first home game is going to be extremely hard. 

I am sure the club are going to be working councillors etc for a professional opinion. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Just now, davieG said:

That will be there which ever is the first game, the pressure at home if it was the first would be even greater.

i get that but playing a game where you surely cant have prepared properly for is likely to lead to a less good outcome …………. i just worry about one player feeling like he has let everyone down, including vichai's memory …….. 

Whilst I agree with Izzy that it would perhaps be better for the first game back to be at home, the fixtures haven't panned out like that and I think the players need to get back to work. If the result doesn't go our way then so what? It doesn't really matter. 

We have to dig in and we must play on. 

8 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

If the players want to play, they should play. You would expect Leicester, Cardiff and the Premier League to allow the players to make that decision, which I'm sure has been the case.

I suppose it isn't a case of them allowing the players to make the decision. In practice, the club will request a postponement if they feel they don't want to play. I would assume that IF such a request is made, then the PL would sanction the postponement. Cardiff are unlikely to have any say in the matter.

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

i get that but playing a game where you surely cant have prepared properly for is likely to lead to a less good outcome …………. i just worry about one player feeling like he has let everyone down, including vichai's memory …….. 

They have week to prepare I doubt 2 weeks will make it any easier.

I've no axe to grind whether it goes ahead or not but there are as many arguments for it to take place as there are against. It really is down to the players.

I just think of them in limbo next Saturday if they don't play it's just so much part of their lives that it would be really weird not playing and dwelling on what has happened.

7 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I suppose it isn't a case of them allowing the players to make the decision. In practice, the club will request a postponement if they feel they don't want to play. I would assume that IF such a request is made, then the PL would sanction the postponement. Cardiff are unlikely to have any say in the matter.

You have phrased that more correctly than I did.

36 minutes ago, evil jack said:

Home or away, it's got to be mentioned that there is a very real danger of heading into action too soon.

All this emotion, and outpouring of grief could effect the team in a very negative way.

Not to draw too much of a comparison(!), but we could really have a Brazil v Germany 1-7 situation, when they had the whole Neymar injury thing going on in 2014.

They shit the bed massively. 

Don't want that.

It could go the other way.  This team has a habit of rising to occasions, such as Seville and Liverpool when Shakespeare took over.

I think the players will be wounded and dangerous and will bust a gut to win for Vichai.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Maybe so, but I think Cardiff have made it clear they will be supportive of whatever decision is made.

The first match is gonna be a strange one wherever and whenever it takes place - more about catharsis for the players and the fans than about the result.

1 minute ago, WilmslowFox said:

Maybe so, but I think Cardiff have made it clear they will be supportive of whatever decision is made.

The first match is gonna be a strange one wherever and whenever it takes place - more about catharsis for the players and the fans than about the result.

Yes, i probably should mention that. Cardiff will obviously support whatever decision is made - as they have stated.

49 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Personally I would rather they wait until our next home game but that’s just me. 

• Like 2

I don't think we should play this game personally. Playing football might take the player's minds of it , but I just can't think that mentally as a club we are ready. I think it would be better to wait for a home game.

If it goes ahead and you are in the away end, sing your hearts out! We are all with you in spirit!

24 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Will be our largest win of the season. 4-0 to the mighty, battered but unbowed Foxes.

Brilliant. We should adopt Invictus as our Mantra.

It has a very Leicester City feel to it, which admittedly existed pre-Vichai but I feel he embraced it fully and it was arguably what attracted him to us.

Out of the night that covers me,
      Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
      For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
      I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
      My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
      Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
      Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
      How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
      I am the captain of my soul.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I'd normally agree but the last game Leicester City had without King Power was at Cardiff.....

Play-off semi-final, where we lost on penalties. The next season started with the deal agreed in principle on the day we faced Palace. 

Hadn’t thought about that. It now seems incredibly apt if we were to play on Saturday. 

• Like 1

If we play I will be proud of every single one of them, win,lose or draw.

Having seen and shared the distress of the last few days it seems incomprehensible they could go and put on a performance but then again we are Leicester City.

• Like 3

The results for the rest of the season are a non factor on me and i dont think any performance by any play should be scrutinised for the rest of the season , i know its a long time but this season cant end fast enough for us so the players can get away and properly clear there heads

what was the extent of amartey’s injury after what has happened I haven’t seen anything about it?

Edited by lanefox

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Not to mention, there's a very realistic chance that the first home game is the remembrance fixture vs. Burnley. That will surely make any 'pressure' feel even more intense and may be too much for the players.

On a separate but somewhat related note:

Ultimately, life goes on. Everyone at LCFC has been affected deeply, and will respond in their own ways, but we will have to get back to playing football at some point. On the pitch that may produce some of our best ever performances, or it could equally translate into negative results. So starting with the match against Cardiff (should it go ahead) can we, as fans, collectively agree to support the team regardless of how things turn out over the upcoming weeks/months, and be a little more forgiving in how we reflect on games given the circumstances the players/staff have found themselves thrown into?

• Like 4

Liverpool didn’t play for 18 days after the hillsborough tragedy 

I do realise the differences re fan involvement 

none of us care at the moment about results but in six months time we will and if things go wrong for the players mentally then we could be relegated - again, many of you will say ‘don’t care’ at the moment but you probably will come May ......

many of the players will need to go through this as a ‘family member’ bereavement - we are all different but trying to lose yourself in a game will only work for a few days - afterwards the problem will still be there ...... it’s only my opinion and I realise it differs from others but I think there is much less risk for the player’s future wellbeing in postponing saturdays game ........

i trust the club to make the right decision - perhaps we are planning for the fixture to take place and re assessing each day to see how the boys are ...... I would think a final decision has to be made by thurs first thing latest.  

4 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

talkSPORT have asked me to switch from Derby-Birmingham to Cardiff to report on the game for them.

I would still be amazed if the game goes ahead. Players are shattered.

No better person for the job. You have been simply superb throughout this difficult time.

• Like 4

If the players are mentally ready then so be it. Burnley is going to be tough, so, so tough. And maybe getting 90 minutes under their belts before then is the right thing to do? They’re away from Leicester, away from any instantly painful memories and it could mentally prepare them for Burnley.

Lets face it, Burnley is going to be awful... the emotions will be all over the place, I envisage tears from both fans and players, having that resting on their shoulders the next time they take to the field could have a huge detrimental impact on the mental well-being of the lads.