Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Cardiff Pre Match Thread

13 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

So if I’m getting a 1845 train back, there’s no time for a quick pint post match ?

I got the train back from Cardiff once when I was living in Carmarthen, after Wales beat England in the 6 Nations. It was utter chaos, especially as the Milennium Stadium is a few hundred yards from the station. There were several different queues stretching all the way outside the station, one for each direction out of the capital, with thousands of people trying to find each one. (There was plenty of “Cheer up we won!” And “stick your chariot up your arse” shouts coming my way so expect a fair bit of exuberance if they win)

This was back in 2005 mind so things might have improved. 

The train station organisation, not the Welsh. 

12 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

It's probably been posted elsewhere and I apologise if I've missed it - it's been a busy week - but a mate of mine reckons we should sing

Khun Vichai my lord, Khun Vichai etc

Simple words, easy to repeat. Anyway, just thought I'd pass on what he said.

I suggested;

We love Leicester City ma lord

We love kun Vichai

We love kun Vichai

We love kun Vichai

Oh lord kun Vichai...

And at Burnley game;

Stand Up if you're with aiyawatt

Stand up etc...

8 hours ago, Gwyn said:

I suggested;

We love kun Vichai

We love kun Vichai

We love kun Vichai

Oh lord kun Vichai...

And at Burnley game;

Stand Up if you're with aiyawatt

Stand up etc...

It doesn't scan.

9 minutes ago, Leeandemma said:

Lee has just made it to the ground from Cornwall. 4G not working and his phone maps failed so he had to ask directions. ? Anyone there know any pubs near by he can watch the early kick off ? Where are people heading 

Tell him to go to the corner of Sloper Road and lexkwith road, turn right, walk under the railway bridge by NP station, keep going a couple of hundred yards to cowbridge road east. Plenty of pubs/caffs/shops 

• Like 1

Come back with no voice left, get that horrendous headache from singing too hard that you daren't open your trap again for the fear of the pain. Just carry on, do it for the great man and our club. We will win today and it'll bring a flood of emotion but it'll be a day we never forget. We're all with you, from all around the country and the world.

EVERYWHERE WE GO

9 hours ago, knitro said:

Good news for those in search of a stream - In the US, this one is one NBC has chosen for the time slot, so that should mean plenty of options. 

Arlo White commentating too, I'm sure he'll be emotional

• Like 1

It’ll be a difficult day but I’m sure that once the whistle goes the players will be focused on the game as if it’s any ordinary Saturday. Strange as it seems I just done see us losing, I also think that Morgan, as our captain, should start today, something I’d have been set against had these tragic events had not happened. 

Whatever happens i wont be angry if we lose or overjoyed if we win, I just want to see players, staff and fans alike being able to continue what we all love, playing, watching and breathing football. 

44 minutes ago, shailen said:

Whatever the result today and for the next few games, please can we have no negativity and applaud the players week in week out as no one can imagine how hard it must be for them.

And the manager...

It will be interesting to see if Claude makes any changes that reflect resting those who might be more affected ...... new players such as Caglar and Ricardo may have clearer minds.  The more religious guys (eg wilf and Kelechi)  may be able to make more sense of this in their minds ....... vards looked so down in his interview ........ you saw for yourselves how affected tags was this morning. It’s still so raw and the minutes silence could undo some of the work any counselling has done over the past couple days ......

this is is unprecedented given the close relationship between many of the players and ‘the boss’ .......

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

It will be interesting to see if Claude makes any changes that reflect resting those who might be more affected ...... new players such as Caglar and Ricardo may have clearer minds.  The more religious guys (eg wilf and Kelechi)  may be able to make more sense of this in their minds ....... vards looked so down in his interview ........ you saw for yourselves how affected tags was this morning. It’s still so raw and the minutes silence could undo some of the work any counselling has done over the past couple days ......

this is is unprecedented given the close relationship between many of the players and ‘the boss’ .......

I think of the example of Billy Sharp, who is just a fantastic person, i've been lucky enough to meet and work with him a couple of times.

He used the grief of losing his son to fire himself into some of his best form in the days and months after his sons passing.

I look at people like Kasper and Vardy and I think they'll react in exactly the same way. They want to play and they'll play well in my opinion :)