Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Cardiff Pre Match Thread

14 hours ago, HitchinFox said:

That was my first instinct too. But that's a fan's view of it. 

Seeing that the tragedy unfolded just yards from the KP so soon after a game, with most (if not all) the players still inside, it might be better for the players to have their first match after this nightmare played away from the scene of it. 

But who knows really. I'm no psychologist. 

There’s always two sides - good point 

I appreciate that there is a schedule to fulfil and that the players may want to take their minds off events but couldn't fixtures be postponed until the funerals have taken place and we have some sort of closure on this tragedy.  I'd appreciate if they did this out of respect, if for no other reason.

2 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

I appreciate that there is a schedule to fulfil and that the players may want to take their minds off events but couldn't fixtures be postponed until the funerals have taken place and we have some sort of closure on this tragedy.  I'd appreciate if they did this out of respect, if for no other reason.

I'm sure the FA would be more than willing to do this but as far as we've been made aware, they've left it entirely up to the club who've in turn left it to the players and they want to play. 

That's what I understand from what I've read. I agree with you. It would prob be better to wait but if the players want to get on with it then I don't think it's the FA's place to stop them. 

10 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

I think that's impractical to be honest. Who knows how long that could be? Part of the closure is returning to work. If they wanted to postpone, they would have requested it and I'm sure the PL would have agreed.

2 hours ago, Cujek said:

We are never playing 3 at the back, give it up.

Come on lads let's smash this one.

We started off with 3 at the back against Arsenal when in possession of the ball, with the wing backs making it a back when we didn't have it.

30 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I think that's impractical to be honest. Who knows how long that could be? Part of the closure is returning to work. If they wanted to postpone, they would have requested it and I'm sure the PL would have agreed.

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It seems to me that they're getting back on the horse - perhaps the premise is that the longer they wait, the harder/worse it will be.

I'm sure that both your views reflect the players wishes.  My concern with that is that although it is admirable, it may not work as they intend.  I base this on my own experience following my mother's death, when I decided to be positive and get back into my daily life as soon as possible so returned to work very soon after her death, only to find that I hadn't coped as well as I thought and couldn't work as I used to - I ended up being sent home to continue the grieving process.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It seems to me that they're getting back on the horse - perhaps the premise is that the longer they wait, the harder/worse it will be.

That’s generally true in my experience mate.

Too quick and you never fully recover, but too slow and you become depressed.

I think they’ll give it everything on Saturday

Sing up loud on Saturday.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I will if I can score a ticket...

31 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This is true and its a real test of character and in my experience this sort of disaster really brings a team together and will make them stronger like brothers. They will always be playing for Khun Vichai now.

Edited by les-tah

21 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

A contact of mine involved with Cardiff City thinks they'll announce today that the game will go ahead. Says LCFC have acted with real dignity in conversations with them.

Nothing confirmed yet but he said if it is on, Cardiff are making special plans and will treat the occasion with the respect it deserves.

I would expect nothing less. Our club is built on magnificent values and is a real credit to the city.

• Like 1

The saddest thing in any bereavement is that life goes on. It doesnt feel right that other people are moving on with their life unaware that anything has happened while you are suffering. 

Obviously this is less the case here with the whole world knowing what has happened, but ultimately it is this routine that also helps a lot of people in bereavement. For example i knew a young lady who lost her husband and it was her responsibility to her young children that pulled her through.

This decision rests with all closely involved, the family, the players, the club, and i certainly feel confident that with the immense dignity showm throughout that this decision has been made for the right reasons for the people involved and if it helps them, or feels right to them, that is all that matters.

If it turns out to be the wrong decision from a footballing viewpoint, so what, all we can do is give our love and support, and hope it gives some measure of comfort to those more closely involved.

• Like 1

Will be a very surreal game to play I'm sure. The result and performance could be anything from a very timid "broken" Leicester all the way to a "guts and glory" style performance from 15/16 or like the first halves against Liverpool post Ranieri sacking or the first 45 against Sevilla at home.

You can count on Vardy and Kasper being at it, and it will be fascinating to see how the new breed fare. You couldn't blame anyone for getting caught up in the occasion and not being switched on but equally sometimes it's in extreme circumstances like this that really shows you the mettle of the man. In particular Chilwell, Maddison, Maguire and Ndidi will be of interest to see because all are players who seem likely to me to follow Mahrez and Kante and show they can do it at the highest level in the future (hopefully with us!). The sort of player that rises to this occasion is the sort to keep an eye on because it will take massive mental strength once that whistle goes post the minute of silence.

To me the game is kind of irrelevant now. Of course I would love us to win and show the dynamic up and at them Leicester that we can be, but you could also easily argue that we shouldn't have played the game so soon. So really I just hope we commerate and celebrate the life of Vichai in both this and the next game.

All of you going, do us proud!