Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Cardiff Pre Match Thread

3 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I’m not sure I can explain exactly why, but it feels like our first game after this tragedy should be at home.

That was my first instinct too. But that's a fan's view of it. 

Seeing that the tragedy unfolded just yards from the KP so soon after a game, with most (if not all) the players still inside, it might be better for the players to have their first match after this nightmare played away from the scene of it. 

But who knows really. I'm no psychologist. 

• Like 2

It's a tough call, myself I would think they should play. But I think under circumstances Kasper needs to miss out, he witnessed the awful disaster and mentally affected him the most. I think he'd need more time.

However if they do play the performance and result should not matter, they need all the support they can get come saturday.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

I imagine they consulted the players, who would have said they wanted to play. To be honest look at Mahrez last night... he was clearly affected by the situation as could easily be seen during the interview (it was probably the most sincere I have ever seen him actually), and he said "he would have wanted me to play."

Anything could happen in the game to be honest depending on the players reaction. But you would imagine the characters we have such as Kasper and Vardy will be pumped. I would hope that see a display like the one against Liverpool after Ranieri was sacked. In that match especially during the first half the intensity the team played with was the same as when we won the league. 

For me the most interesting thing will be how our younger players deal with the situation. In that Liverpool game I mentioned, Ndidi was fantastic and essentially looked like Kante. I wonder how players like Chilwell and Maguire will react to the situation given both I beleive have met the owners several times personally. We have a young team and in years to come it will be some of these new players who are our main men and heroes. This is the sort of game and situation that give birth to new legends.

I really wish I could go to this game, but know that I will be with all of you that can make it in spirit. Sing out your lungs for Vichai and the boys!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I imagine they consulted the players, who would have said they wanted to play. To be honest look at Mahrez last night... he was clearly affected by the situation as could easily be seen during the interview (it was probably the most sincere I have ever seen him actually), and he said "he would have wanted me to play."

Anything could happen in the game to be honest depending on the players reaction. But you would imagine the characters we have such as Kasper and Vardy will be pumped. I would hope that see a display like the one against Liverpool after Ranieri was sacked. In that match especially during the first half the intensity the team played with was the same as when we won the league. 

For me the most interesting thing will be how our younger players deal with the situation. In that Liverpool game I mentioned, Ndidi was fantastic and essentially looked like Kante. I wonder how players like Chilwell and Maguire will react to the situation given both I beleive have met the owners several times personally. We have a young team and in years to come it will be some of these new players who are our main men and heroes. This is the sort of game and situation that give birth to new legends.

I really wish I could go to this game, but know that I will be with all of you that can make it in spirit. Sing out your lungs for Vichai and the boys!

the players saw vichai on most matchdays  ……………….. plus when he visited the training ground. i endorse your sentiments re the singing - it isn't always easy keeping that going though. anyone know how the Cardiff away section is arranged ?? 

I really hope Cardiff players/staff mute their celebrations  should they score as surely they can take no pleasure in scoring against a "broken" team.

I flew in from Boston Massachusetts this morning, drove up to the KP to pay my respects. I'm now back in my London hotel feeling very humble and subdued with an eerie sense of calm and reflection. I have to fly back in the morning but a huge part of me wants to, (and probably will) and feel I should, come back and drive to Cardiff on Saturday, even without a ticket for the game, just to be amongst those who are like-minded suffering souls like me. 

Is anyone else considering going to Cardiff without a ticket to pay respects?

Edited by ElusiveEd

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

What’s the thoughts on the chances that the club captain won’t be leading the team out in Saturday ..... it’s simply not feasible, given the circumstances....

Without Amartey we'll need a right back, Richardo is probably still not physical enough, and Simpson is probably not match fit. It'll be Soyuncu Morgan Maguire as a back three I think. Soyuncu is right footed but often plays on the left.

3 hours ago, 81pts said:

Block 121 DD here. 

Whats the strip ? Any ideas? Don’t want to wear the wrong one.... feel like i’m going to a funeral atm. 

Grey. If you go onto the ticketing section and match info for away games, there’s a player. The strip they wear is what we’re wearing that particular game 

F4180081-D4CA-42BF-848D-C1EBE53A2B50.jpeg

Edited by ThurnbyLodgeFox

11 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Need to be loud and proud and show that our city is made of tough stuff and we will get through this even stronger. Vichai will be watching on from his new seat up above so three points for him pls.

As a good Bhuddist, Vichai will have been reincarnated, as a Leicester fan! 

• Like 1

My first ever away game and boy is it a significant one. It will be emotional and I cannot wait to give my utmost support with the rest of the travelling blue army for the owner and for the team. 

Up the foxes ?

Edited by Fox42
  • Like 1

Taking away what's happened it's not an easy game tbh! We have previous and I do expect Cardiff to come out and play.

It will be an emotional occassion but I hope we can play with the shackles off and give it our all for Vichai. Let the band of brothers return!

I lived in Carmarthen for 3 years while I was at Uni. I used to get the train down to Cardiff and meet up with my dad who’d driven from Leicester. Sadly this was during the Craig Levein/Rob Kelly years so they were really, really poor performances. And Ninian Park was an orrible ground - dark, grey and miserable, just like the Welsh weather. Proper old fashioned terraces. Miserable games which were really just an excuse to see my old man. 

After I finished Uni I was glad to never go back. But now I really wish I could! I won’t be able to make it, but I hope you guys do Vichai proud. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Without Amartey we'll need a right back, Richardo is probably still not physical enough, and Simpson is probably not match fit. It'll be Soyuncu Morgan Maguire as a back three I think. Soyuncu is right footed but often plays on the left.

We are never playing 3 at the back, give it up.

Come on lads let's smash this one.

18 hours ago, weller54 said:

Yes.. Agree with you. 

18 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I’m not sure I can explain exactly why, but it feels like our first game after this tragedy should be at home.

I agree with this, I feel as if it gives the Leicester family an opportunity to come together and celebrate/mourn. The Burnley game will be huge