Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Cardiff Pre Match Thread

It doesn't feel right but time to talk tactics and line ups?

Does Morgan come back in? Ricardo drop into right back?

If any game is suitable for a Morgan return its probably Cardiff away. Could be a game for 3 centre backs.

Kasper, Soyuncu, Morgan, Maguire, Ricardo, Iborra, Ndidi, Chilwell, Maddison, Iheanacho, Vardy

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If any game is suitable for a Morgan return its probably Cardiff away. Could be a game for 3 centre backs.

Kasper, Soyuncu, Morgan, Maguire, Ricardo, Iborra, Ndidi, Chilwell, Maddison, Iheanacho, Vardy

I agree with this except I would keep Evans in. With Amartey out now I think we are set to play 3-5-2.

56 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'd swap Iheanacho for Gray, and possibly Morgan for Evans too, but tactically I think that's spot on.

Bench of Ward, Fuchs, Evans/Morgan, Mendy, Ghezzal, Okazaki, Iheanacho

Edit: On second thoughts, given the occasion I feel that we really need our club captain to be involved in this one, so Evans to either remain on the bench, or start in place of Soyuncu with a view to Soyuncu replacing one of them after an hour or so.

Edited by Xen

7 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

Vardy's comments on Sky. Looks like the lads are up for it. 

And do I detect a slight dig at Puel there?

This bit: "I know people are saying the result doesn’t matter but for us as players we want to get a positive result."

Really hope that's not a dig at Claude - you'd like to think Vardy would know better than that. 

The club needs to be united now more than ever. 

The players and the coaching staff will do their extreme best for this match, it is going to be extremely difficult and emotional for everyone with all the sporting worlds eyes on us. the atmosphere will obviously feel very strange for everyone. it will be a very surreal experience that the players, coaching staff and fans and the opposition and media will all have to get through on what will be a very emotional day for everyone concerned.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/jamie-vardy-reveals-how-leicester-13522024

Manager Claude Puel says the outcome of this weekend's match at Cardiff City is important but his striker can't agree.

"People are saying the result on Saturday doesn’t matter, but it does," he added.

"We all have to come together and do him proud. We want to play, it’s what he would have wanted. We are playing to honour his name."

- I like the fact that he has had the balls to say this and it comes across in the right way. (Although the bit about his striker cant agree seems to be an ill advised negative when i read it back, completely missed it first time around)

If we lose, i wont be bothered in the slightest as this is far bigger but he gets my respect for this statement.

Also colin - "

And then somehow the two teams have got to get on with a game of football. It's an important game for us and Leicester but it is a game of football.

"It seems irrelevant talking about the game compared to the bigger things that have happened this week.

"I don't know what to expect from us or them. You'd probably have to ask me after the game. I haven't got a clue what to expect."

Cardiff's squad features two former Leicester players, Sol Bamba and Lee Peltier, with the former likely to start in central defence on Saturday.......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46060271

And 

Asked whether the tragic circumstances could have an effect on Bamba, Peltier or any other of the Cardiff players, Warnock added: "They might not play well but whoever is fit will be starting and it could have a certain effect on lads, you never know.

“I don’t know what to expect, that’s the honest answer to the question. I don’t know what to expect from us or them. You’d probably have to ask me after the game. I haven’t got a clue what to expect."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-former-leicester-city-players-15362719

Hats off to all involved and the dignity shown.

Yeah, I hope so. 

Maybe it just struck me because I had literally just read what Puel had said – in his pre-match press conference about "result not being important" – two minutes before seeing that Vardy video. In that context it came across as contradictory. 

16 minutes ago, Xen said:

Absolutely no way that Vardy's comments are a dig at Puel.

Puel is talking about the bigger picture - ultimately, the result of the match isn't important. It's a long season, we should be safe regardless of how this one turns out, and it's completely unknown how the events of the past week will affect our players going into the match, so there are no expectations either way.

Vardy is talking from the player's perspective. Every single match they'll be going into it wanting nothing more than to win - they wouldn't be professional athletes if they didn't have that winning mindset - and the week's events are just adding extra motivation and fire to their bellies. Of course they'll be going all out to win for Vichai.

The two views are not in contradiction with each other. The game (more so, the performance) absolutely matters to each and every one of them individually, but there's no pressure on the result.

That’s exactly how I read it too 

• Like 2

A heads up to those of you coming down by train, the autumn egg-chasing is on at the same time, so going home might be a bit of ball ache. 

It won't be as bad as when the Six Nations are on, but you might still have to queue for about 45 minutes/hour and half to get in to Cardiff Central station.

Also, Cardiff on Rugby International day isn't much fun. After a few pints, they'll be giving it all "what are you looking at!?", "Come yuh, I'll knock you out now!".....

....The blokes are not much better! :D

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, B.Oddie (Cardiff) said:

A heads up to those of you coming down by train, the autumn egg-chasing is on at the same time, so going home might be a bit of ball ache. 

It won't be as bad as when the Six Nations are on, but you might still have to queue for about 45 minutes/hour and half to get in to Cardiff Central station.

Also, Cardiff on Rugby International day isn't much fun. After a few pints, they'll be giving it all "what are you looking at!?", "Come yuh, I'll knock you out now!".....

It would make me very happy to think you really are Bill Oddie :)

40 minutes ago, B.Oddie (Cardiff) said:

So if I’m getting a 1845 train back, there’s no time for a quick pint post match ?

2 hours ago, Osavo said:

Really hope that's not a dig at Claude - you'd like to think Vardy would know better than that. 

The club needs to be united now more than ever. 

Which part? I can't see it. I think my post following yours shows that they are on the same page (if you are talking about whether the result matters, and even though the link i put seems to be trying to say vardy doesnt think the result matters)

(Just more proof imo that a lot of the media is bollocks, filling in the gaps with what they think but making it look like fact, then being prpven completely wrong elsewhere)

23 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Kasper

Ricardo Soyuncu Maguire Chilwell

Ndidi Mendy

Albrighton Maddison Gray

Vardy

Ordinarily that would be my chosen team, or Evans/Morgan in for Albrighton or Ricardo and go 3-4-1-2 with Maddison and Gray alternating up top with Vardy. I can't even muster up much thought on the team yet though, i'll be proud of whoever plays.

On 31/10/2018 at 11:52, gw_leics772 said:

The saddest thing in any bereavement is that life goes on. It doesnt feel right that other people are moving on with their life unaware that anything has happened while you are suffering. 

Indeed, and as said by W H Auden in his poem "Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone" 

Spare a thought for Cardiff too. This will be a difficult occasion for them; as a club, as players and as fans. Knowing how to react appropriately to grief is not easy for many people and in a situation like this, close to unprecedented. 

Edited by FoxNotFox
  • Like 1