Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Cardiff Pre Match Thread

I think most players will want to play. It will only be during the game when we really see how much effect the week has had physically on them.

They will be fired up for sure, perhaps too much. I think Vichai would want the football to continue and he'll be watching.

Not ready to talk about potential line-ups or tactics just yet.

44 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Hope this is postponed.. 

The player's cannot possibly be ready for a match yet. 

Although,  I have a feeling this will go ahead. 

Ultimately it's up to them/the club, and it seems the FA respect that.

Some people need time away to grieve, others prefer to busy themselves with whatever they can. In this case they may even be more motivated to play to honour his legacy and push on as a club in his memory. Everyone handles grief differently, after all, so a sense of normalcy and togetherness as a group may be welcome this week.

If enough of the players and staff are keen to play the match - and those who choose not to should absolutely be allowed to sit out - then the match will go ahead.

It's obviously down to the players and staff, but I kind of hope it does go ahead- it's a chance for us to get right behind all of them and show our support. It would be an emotional afternoon but the sense of solidarity created could be massive in getting through this as a club.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I’m not sure I can explain exactly why, but it feels like our first game after this tragedy should be at home.

Understandable view but not sure myself. Wonder if playing at King Power might just be too much, in what will be a very emotionally charged atmosphere. Keeping busy deffo helps.

5 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

It's obviously down to the players and staff, but I kind of hope it does go ahead- it's a chance for us to get right behind all of them and show our support. It would be an emotional afternoon but the sense of solidarity created could be massive in getting through this as a club.

Agreed, we will be supporting everyone of the players they won't be alone 

i feel the decision should not be left to the players. i suspect many of them would want to get back to playing to try and help them 'escape' everything going on around and inside them. however, it would be just less than a week since the tragedy occurred. they will feel under huge collective pressure to win the game for vichai. what happens if they don't win? how will they feel then? what happens if someone makes a mistake which means they don't win. this wont be just 'a game of football' and i worry about the potential mental consequences for those given the responsibility of playing.  

one shouldn't forget the difficulty that the Cardiff players will also face. its unavoidable that we will play burnley the following weekend but i would hope that most of them can concentrate next week on training and preparation, something that they surely cannot at the moment.  

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

talkSPORT have asked me to switch from Derby-Birmingham to Cardiff to report on the game for them.

I would still be amazed if the game goes ahead. Players are shattered.

I was told yesterday in good faith the game goes ahead and the players will travel down Friday. 

• Like 1

Home or away, it's got to be mentioned that there is a very real danger of heading into action too soon.

All this emotion, and outpouring of grief could effect the team in a very negative way.

Not to draw too much of a comparison(!), but we could really have a Brazil v Germany 1-7 situation, when they had the whole Neymar injury thing going on in 2014.

They shit the bed massively. 

Don't want that.